• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECQF #4: Rangers @ Washington Capitals — Break Out the Brooms; It's Cleaning Time!

30 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Interesting that both Florida and Carolina blew their clinch games yesterday, leaving NYR with the opportunity to be the only one of the 8 1st round series to sweep. That said, not a lock by any means. The Caps are going to want to goon it up to reassert themselves, but they're dead if they make too many trips to the box. Pressure is all on them. 

Sprung for the lower section (was not super pricey), so I'll be up close and personal. 

Enjoy Rod, be safe!

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last game to eliminate an opponent is always the toughest one to get, I believe Mark Messier said that many years ago (I forget what game it was but it stuck in my head hearing him in the radio saying it!) while playing for the Rangers. 
This will not be an easy one to get. Rangers need to maintain their focus and DISCIPLINE. For all the positive things I’ve said about Rempe and the huge impact he’s having the team needs him to stay focused and walk away if one of those idiots drops the gloves. Stay focused young man. The veterans KRIEDS, BREADMAN, MIKA, TROCHEK, FOXY, MILLER, LAFFY, IGOR will take care of the rest. 

LGR!! 

1 hour ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Started boozing for a 9am soccer game so today is a marathon. 
LGR

Grapefruit Secco with egg omlette. Metropolitan Fuego cigar and Beacon’s Liquid Fables cocktails in cans down by the Hudson. Smoked salmon grilling for dinner with a bourbon old fashion and some white wine too. Yeah, ready for the win. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Interesting that both Florida and Carolina blew their clinch games yesterday, leaving NYR with the opportunity to be the only one of the 8 1st round series to sweep. That said, not a lock by any means. The Caps are going to want to goon it up to reassert themselves, but they're dead if they make too many trips to the box. Pressure is all on them. 

Sprung for the lower section (was not super pricey), so I'll be up close and personal. 

Hell yeah, enjoy! 

31 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Grapefruit Secco with egg omlette. Metropolitan Fuego cigar and Beacon’s Liquid Fables cocktails in cans down by the Hudson. Smoked salmon grilling for dinner with a bourbon old fashion and some white wine too. Yeah, ready for the win. 

The best early drunks of my life were at Teacher's Two down on Broadway on 85th St.  Bloody Mary's, Eggs Benedict, hash browns to keep everything stable.

Then we had a blizzard in '93 or '94 that shut NYC down and Teacher's Two managed to have a fire that wiped the place out at exactly the time that the fire department could not respond.

So sad.

Edit: was 1996 and Teacher's Too.

Edited by Br4d
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

The best early drunks of my life were at Teacher's Two down on Broadway on 85th St.  Bloody Mary's, Eggs Benedict, hash browns to keep everything stable.

Then we had a blizzard in '93 or '94 that shut NYC down and Teacher's Two managed to have a fire that wiped the place out at exactly the time that the fire department could not respond.

So sad.

Edit: was 1996 and Teacher's Too.

My favorite bar as a kid was called "DT'S Stumble Inn". Good marketing! No wondering what that place was about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dem said:

My favorite bar as a kid was called "DT'S Stumble Inn". Good marketing! No wondering what that place was about.

Up in the hills NW NJ where I grew up there was a biker bar that featured a shooting range out back. That place was frequented by bikers. Later in life I became friendly w the guy who ran it's son. It was shut down mid 80s the old guy still owned the property. Used to go hunting w his son n then hang out w the old man drinking at the shut down bar. 

1 hour ago, Dem said:

I'm hitting the grolsch flip tops hard. May have a couple wild turkey 101s B4 the game. 

I used to keep those bottles and use them to ferment experimental alcohol in my 20's.  I finally food poisoned myself something terrible off of a raisin/date liqueur and thus ended the experimentation.  Took me years to get to that near fatal result (ok, I wasn't actually dying, just looking at it as a preferential outcome.)

• LOL 1

12 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

I’d be worried if I was the Craps.  Rempe getting wasted 60 times in Halo by Kreiter means he’s going to take it out on somebody.

RUROH, Rempe needs some Scooby snacks 

Rempe let Kreider win.  There are precious few 21 year olds on earth who will lose to an old man at Halo.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

I used to keep those bottles and use them to ferment experimental alcohol in my 20's.  I finally food poisoned myself something terrible off of a raisin/date liqueur and thus ended the experimentation.  Took me years to get to that near fatal result (ok, I wasn't actually dying, just looking at it as a preferential outcome.)

When I was young the caps were ceramic....commonly used as roach clips

3 minutes ago, Dem said:

When I was young the caps were ceramic....commonly used as roach clips

Yes, I remember doing that too.  It's the locking aspect of the caps and the ease of removal that made the bottles good as fermentation containers.

I also tried using glass bottles with screw caps and those had a tendency for the cap to become a projectile as I opened them.

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Yes, I remember doing that too.  It's the locking aspect of the caps and the ease of removal that made the bottles good as fermentation containers.

I also tried using glass bottles with screw caps and those had a tendency for the cap to become a projectile as I opened them.

I'll bet that got scary w the pressure.

Just now, Dem said:

I'll bet that got scary w the pressure.

Much less scary when I was pulling the cap to the side as I opened the bottle.  The problem with unscrewing a highly pressurized cap is that it can blow at any moment.

• Keeps it 100 1