• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECQF #4: Rangers @ Washington Capitals — Break Out the Brooms; It's Cleaning Time!

1 minute ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

A good scare and any number of bumps, bruises, and nagging injuries.

Exactly. 

Give me a limping, bruised, exhausted Canes team over an Islanders team playing on adrenaline and big time "we're not supposed to be here" vibes.

• Keeps it 100 1

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LindG1000 said:

Exactly. 

Give me a limping, bruised, exhausted Canes team over an Islanders team playing on adrenaline and big time "we're not supposed to be here" vibes.

Yeah, this!

I don't think Carolina is anywhere near as physical as the Caps are. 

It's that whole "death by 1000 papercuts" approach, and I'd rather have Igor face 6,000 outside shots, than being swarmed by guys the size of Tom Wilson and Co.

Not that I'm afraid of the Isles, but for some reason or another, we just don't seem to play them very well.  The matchups just didn't look to great when we played them recently.  We'd beat them in 6 or 7, but I think the Isles would take a nice bite out of our ass.

15 minutes ago, PucksOnNet said:

Assuming Carolina takes care of business tomorrow, when would our next round start? I assume Saturday?

I think it all depends on how all the other series play out. I don't remember thr NHL really starting a round before an earlier round is over. Last year they announced the 2nd round may 1st I believe so maybe more info by mid week. 

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah, this!

I don't think Carolina is anywhere near as physical as the Caps are. 

It's that whole "death by 1000 papercuts" approach, and I'd rather have Igor face 6,000 outside shots, than being swarmed by guys the size of Tom Wilson and Co.

Not that I'm afraid of the Isles, but for some reason or another, we just don't seem to play them very well.  The matchups just didn't look to great when we played them recently.  We'd beat them in 6 or 7, but I think the Isles would take a nice bite out of our ass.

Yep. Bang on.

I also really love the combination of the Canes "fire early and often" approach with our transition defense. Lots of those shot attempts aren't on net, and that can feed our rush offense.

• Cheers 1

I have to admit when I saw Foxy laid out on the ice and holding his leg and not really moving I screamed at the TV set “ohhh FUCK!!!” “What the fuck is going on?” I’m yelling with my family watching then I see the replay and I said “that’s it you mother fuckers want a fight , fuck em, send out Rempe next shift to fuck somebody up! “I don’t care who it is!” I was steaming. As I am sure many if you were too. We cannot allow the Hurricanes to do that! Somebody said to me in a previous post the Rangers never respond when teams take cheap shots at our top players. Anyways (as Andy sipowicz would say NYPD BLUE) Rangers win we move on! 
LGR!! 

16 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Won’t be able to watch tonight, but hopefully I’ll wake up with Rangers ready for round two and Wilson on his way to the golf course.

4-2 Rangers, Laf with the series-clincher. LGR!

Maybe I'll just stop watching the games from now on. It's boring when you know the result before puck drop...

• LOL 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Cheers 1

I did notice on the handshake line Wilson did stop a little longer when he got to Fox. 

I gotta say, Wilson is a real dick to play against, but good christ I'd love him if he was on the Rangers!  I think we can learn a lot from guys like Wilson going forward.  Especially guys like Cuylle, and Rempe.  Wilson is a game changer, whether we like it or not.  He's also the sole reason the Caps were even in any of the games we played them.

Winning playoff games against guys like that go a long way to adding to these kids experience.  I think it's a feather in the cap to not cave in the face of intimidation from players like him.  He may be the toughest player we face on our trip through the playoffs.

We passed the test! 

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

Yep. Bang on.

I also really love the combination of the Canes "fire early and often" approach with our transition defense. Lots of those shot attempts aren't on net, and that can feed our rush offense.

I don't know. The Canes are chuckers, yes, but they're also elite forecheckers and cyclers. And the Rangers are not the best when the other team has established a zone presence - they tend to lose track of other players on the ice. Plus, once you get their D turned around on the forecheck, they get exposed more than other teams.

They should do a lot of what they did in 2021 - a lot of flipping the puck out of the defensive zone into the neutral zone to set up a jump ball situation. It's the quickest and easiest way to break out against a team that's so good at sealing off all usual breakout routes.

Not at all interested in playing Carolina. Just because we beat them one year in seven games doesn't mean we can do it again. That team is just as good as us, and while not scary to play against is a suffocating, difficult opponent. The islanders I'm sure we'd beat. Carolina? We can beat them, that doesn't mean we will. 

That said we're not getting a choice, and it's going to be Carolina, so the team will have to quickly adapt to the puck off the glass approach to get their D out of the zone if we're going to win. 

2 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

i see he has his own mini fridge.  What's in it, Mike's Hard Lemonade?

Well SHE keeps her formula in there for now. And my wife's ice cream lol 

3 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

I have to admit when I saw Foxy laid out on the ice and holding his leg and not really moving I screamed at the TV set “ohhh FUCK!!!” “What the fuck is going on?” I’m yelling with my family watching then I see the replay and I said “that’s it you mother fuckers want a fight , fuck em, send out Rempe next shift to fuck somebody up! “I don’t care who it is!” I was steaming. As I am sure many if you were too. We cannot allow the Hurricanes to do that! Somebody said to me in a previous post the Rangers never respond when teams take cheap shots at our top players. Anyways (as Andy sipowicz would say NYPD BLUE) Rangers win we move on! 
LGR!! 

I watched him get up and start limping towards the bench. By about 2/3 of the way there, he was putting weight on it and I knew that nothing catastrophic had happened.

3 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

The fix was in

The tweet is at 8:06pm.  Feels like a few minutes after Kakko actually scored the 1st goal :57 seconds into the game.

8 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

LGR!! 

Sipowicz was such a great character.  Dennis Franz also played two similar characters on Hill Street Blues before NYPD Blue was created.  They killed off his first character and then wrote him in on another one.

• Bullseye 1