• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECQF #3: Rangers @ Washington Capitals — Teeth Out III: Most Teethiest

I’m a big proponent of calling penalties in the playoffs like the regular season…not a proponent of refs “putting their whistles away and letting the players decide the game.”  That’s code for one of the two teams suck and need to commit lots of penalties to keep the game close and entertaining…that said, the refs sucked tonight.  Many of those weren’t even pre-season penalties…Caps look like they’re skating out there with their skate guards on…

I noticed Rempe wasn’t in the third period and I guess it made sense. I would like to have seen them out there a few more shifts but hey I’m just an observer….so great win by the Rangers Igor was unreal.

wrap it up Sunday!’ We need the rest for Carolina series which is next! 
LGR!!!! 

8 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Does this mean that we are now Icelander or I’m sorry Islander fans now because we want to see them extend the series against Carolina????

LGR!!!!!

Would be nice if they could take it to 7 games, but, don't think it is going to happen.

11 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

Trust and believe the Caps will throw absolutely everything at us the next game. They have nothing to lose.

Will be interesting to see. They should be pissed about TVR. I don't think they believe they can win the series. They might want to take a pound of flesh, but they might just go away.

1 minute ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Will be interesting to see. They should be pissed about TVR. I don't think they believe they can win the series. They might want to take a pound of flesh, but they might just go away.

They look tired and washed up. I'm thinking they take the high road and play hockey for 60 and hope it goes their way. I don't forsee shenanigans I'm game 4. I think we go up early and the rest goes through the motions.

10 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Sarcastic The Ultimate Fighter GIF by UFC

We’re all good dude….Rangers got this…

Caps seem to give their best and it’s not enough. Rangers are deeper, more talented, great goaltender and a 7 foot kid who’s a wrecking train on the ice … I believe it was Wayne Gretzky who said just a couple of hours ago on TNT about Matt Rempe…

LGR!!! 

4 hours ago, RangerDanger said:

Trust and believe the Caps will throw absolutely everything at us the next game. They have nothing to lose.

I agree but I think that's what we saw last night as well. 

9 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I don't think the Caps are preparing them well for the Canes. It is going to be orders of magnitude more difficult. But hey, they'll ramp up when they have to.

Not really a concern. The Ilses aren't preparing the Canes for the Rangers. 

But aside from that, the players don't operate that way. They play the game in front of them and when the series is over the coaches will prepare them for the next team. 

I'd be worried if GG were here. 

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not really a concern. The Ilses aren't preparing the Canes for the Rangers. 

But aside from that, the players don't operate that way. They play the game in front of them and when the series is over the coaches will prepare them for the next team. 

I'd be worried if GG were here. 

There have been periods of sloppiness for which a better team would have made them pay. 

9 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

There have been periods of sloppiness for which a better team would have made them pay. 

They definitely have a bunch to clean up, especially the penalties, they’re capable of it though.  Aside from the penalties (warranted & unwarranted) their first period was one of their best I’ve seen them play in awhile.  

6 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

I still don’t understand how that’s a penalty 

Yea, no kidding. Kid has a target on his back. Every hit he makes looks nasty because he is huge. It's not really fair. He would have been off the roster fairly quickly if GG were still here. He had no patience for the kids and pretty much stifled progress. Rempe is a wrecking ball and such an important piece to this team. Keep it going kid. Our PK is confident and your hits are game changers; don't let the zebras scare you. You're the lion.

19 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

They definitely have a bunch to clean up, especially the penalties, they’re capable of it though.  Aside from the penalties (warranted & unwarranted) their first period was one of their best I’ve seen them play in awhile.  

Agreed. Never said it's beyond them or that they can't rise to the competition. But it will be a higher level.

Rempe is definitely in the caps heads and everyone in the league for that matter. It’s almost not even fair.  If I was him and someone tried to goad me I’d be taking names for payback next season.  It’s all about 35 pounds of silver right now. He has to be smart

59 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Of course. That's they playoffs. Carolina went down by three goals to the Islanders, and a better team would have closed them out.