• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECQF #2: Rangers vs. Washington Capitals — Teeth Out II: More Teethier

I expect the Capitals to come out and try and clamp up more defensively and to play physical. I expect them to be a little overzealous and for it to lead to a Ranger PP. And we need to capitalize early, take the juice out of that bench and then get to work and squeeze the life out of them each and every single shift.

Take this one. Learn to close teams out without it taking all 7. Or 6. Impose your will and dominate this team.

Edited by RichieNextel305

26 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I expect the Capitals to come out and try and clamp up more defensively and to play physical. I expect them to be a little overzealous and for it to lead to a Ranger PP. And we need to capitalize early, take the juice out of that bench and then get to work and squeeze the life out of them each and every single shift.

Take this one. Learn to close teams out without it taking all 7. Or 6. Impose your will and dominate this team.

I expect the opposite. I think they're going to try and take more chances and try to open up things a bit more, and for sure play a more physical game. It'll be important for the Rangers to try and stay patient, not get dragged into a track meet and stick to their gameplan. The mistakes and opportunities will come. Be ready to capitalize on them. Lets fucking do this.

Edited by Karan

Complete homer optimism: I don’t think the caps have anything left in the tank. I think game 1 was their game and them playing their game well. And we still won 55 minutes of that 60 minute battle. 
No losses. Only brooms. 

• Believe 1

25 minutes ago, Karan said:

I expect the opposite. I think they're going to try and take more chances and try to open up things a bit more, and for sure play a more physical game. It'll be important for the Rangers to try and stay patient, not get dragged into a track meet and stick to their gameplan. The mistakes and opportunities will come. Be ready to capitalize on them. Lets fucking do this.

I don’t think they can. It’s not their game. If they open up things, they’re leaving the defense out to pasture against a team who feasts off the transition game. Used to say this about the Lundqvist-era Rangers against teams like the early-2010’s Caps: don’t make it a fast paced game. Same could be said for this Caps team against us. I mean if they want to go that way, it’s fine. I love our odds even more then.

But, yeah, to your point at the end, just capitalize on your chances and rip this teams heart out. Our chances will be there, we know that.

15 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Complete homer optimism: I don’t think the caps have anything left in the tank. I think game 1 was their game and them playing their game well. And we still won 55 minutes of that 60 minute battle. 
No losses. Only brooms. 

I don’t think it’s as much an issue with their gas tank as it is just a flat out mismatch. The Rangers are better than them in every single facet. And it’s not even by a small margin. It’s a big gap.

Much of the talk entering this series was how they can smother you defensively, and how they would try to bore the Rangers to death. And how Charlie Lindgren has been on fire of late.

Last I checked, the Rangers are defensively better. And the Rangers have the best goalie in the league since the All-Star Break; a goalie with a history of dominance, not some AHL-flub who caught lightning in a bottle.

Play your game and this Ranger team can beat the Capitals into dust. Fast.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 1

take it easy, people.  We only won one game.  Lets suck each other off when we actually win the series.  We were packing it in after 2 wins last year vs the Devils and then you know what happened.  

#where'sfox?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

take it easy, people.  We only won one game.  Lets suck each other off when we actually win the series.  We were packing it in after 2 wins last year vs the Devils and then you know what happened.  

#where'sfox?

Nocturnal creatures; will be visible tonight.

1. It's a best of seven series.  

2. Rangers focus and play will largely determine whether this is a short series (like it should be) or if it gets extended.

3. Low scoring/low event games keep the games closer and bring puck luck more into play.  In low event games if the Caps score first they can try and hold onto the lead.  Scoring first helps the Rangers play the game they want to play.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Much of the talk entering this series was how they can smother you defensively, and how they would try to bore the Rangers to death. And how Charlie Lindgren has been on fire of late.

That's exactly what happened in game one though. There was some stretches of really boring hockey, not many, but you can tell that's what the Caps were trying to do. 

The difference between this team and previous teams is that they were comfortable being 0-0 after the first period, they didn't try to force anything, and they waited for their opportunity. They were patient, and then they immediately took what the Capitals gave them.

That's why they're going to be difficult to beat. They don't get rattled.