• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#74) Rangers at Arizona Coyotes — Party at Delta Kappa PHI After!!!

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I'm still so jealous. And honestly @Ozzy BH wins this just for being there. Why kind of lunatic goes to the desert to watch our boys. Legend. 

Well, it helps that I live in a desert, makes it easier to see our boys in one.

2 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Atlanta Flames vs. New York Rangers Box Score: December 31, 1976

Since we are talking history of the Rangers anybody been a fan since this time? This was my first Ranger game I attended with my father. The ole Madison square garden. Loved it. 
So proud of these Rangers today.As much I (and everyone else here) bitch and moan about their play we are or have got to be the most loyal fans there are in all of hockey! God knows we’ve been through a lot over the years! I can honestly say we have the team to go all the way this year. Somethings buzzing about these guys. Stay healthy boys, and you’ll bring it home. God Bless the New York Rangers 

LGR!! 
Ed 

There is a small handful of old timers like Sod16 and me, Ed, and we're always happy for additions to the senior division. Not sure what old MSG you're referring to, as the previous building on 50th St and 8th Ave was razed pretty quickly after the current one opened over Penn Sta in 1968 and didn't overlap with the Flames.

As for me, I went to a couple games at the "old" Garden that I can barely remember  before my father lucked into splitting season tickets in the inaugural '68-69 season, (also the year the NHL first expanded beyond the "Original Six" teams) which the family held onto through about 2003.

Back then, home games were pretty reliably played on Wed and Sun nights. My dad's business associate got Wed and we got Sun. Had to fight my 3 older brothers for seats, but saw some classic Rangers history. Like you, very hopeful that the current team is about to make some more.

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Lafraniere has come a hell of a long way but I would still trade him for just about every player on that list if it was straight up and there wasn’t a salary cap to worry about.  

So you mean you can’t, since they all make four times as much, at minimum 

8 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

I re-read my post a few times, but I couldn't find the part where I said they would be to help Illegals. 

Abe wasn't bashing you, just an ill timed, I'll defined, and poorly located social commentary. Sorry bud

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Lafraniere has come a hell of a long way but I would still trade him for just about every player on that list if it was straight up and there wasn’t a salary cap to worry about.  

Yes for McD and Leon for sure. Probably Barzal, Aho, and Petterson because they're talented centers at 25-26.

But ... I think Robertson is debatable as his production took a fairly steep fall this season.

No way I'm trading a 22 yo who just yanked his trajectory significantly upward for a 28 yo who's never hit 30 goals (Ehlers) ...

or Marchand, a 35 yo def on the back 9 whose last 5 seasons wouldn't look massively different than Laf's this year (more assists for sure) minus an endowed chair on PP1 with Bergeron. Besides, he licks people and I hate him.

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Holy Laff attack, Batman!!!

So why not go full out pedal to the metal against these young punks?  An absolute outburst of scoring with, I dare say it...Goodrow notching his "league trailing" 2nd of the year. 

Congratulations to Quick for an astonishing achievement.  He's been a great addition to the Rangers, and credit Dru for having the vision (or luck), to go out and get him from the scrap heap!

Here are the Top 21 ...Holy shit!  21!....nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by you guessed it, Krispy Kreme!  And you all know why!

22 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

He should do endorsements for Summers Eve. What a clown.

16 hours ago, knedragon said:

Vegmelka , sounds like a Lactose Intolerant Vegan restaurant 

16 hours ago, mbob said:

was just coming to say the same, not a fan at all. It’s like playing a 30 year old video game. 

16 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Fox should stick to the face mask just to hide that chin

16 hours ago, mbob said:

Fox with a fish tank on since the bowl too small for that chin. 

16 hours ago, phillyb said:

Yeah. I’m goin Dick Rash for trivia. 

16 hours ago, mbob said:

I squirted my donut filling out. Laffy!

16 hours ago, Dem said:

Alright got the MSG broadcast. Sam is slurring as much as I am. All is well in the world.

16 hours ago, Dem said:

Can't believe Kak didn't score as the period closed out

16 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I say that to myself every month

15 hours ago, mbob said:

Fox on the bench looking like he just landed on the moon. One small step for man, one giant chin for mankind. 

👨‍🚀

15 hours ago, phillyb said:

OMG, my donut can only get so fucking filled. HOLY SHIT

15 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

Welcome aboard. Signing up on here was one of the best decisions I've made as a Rangers Fan.

14 hours ago, phillyb said:

See someone in white go offsides. 

Me: "Was that Kreider??!?!?!"

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Laffy has entered beast mode. Thank God for us believers. Risen on the eve of Easter! 

14 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

2 it is! Worth every penny.

14 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Man, Goodrow must feel so glad to be done with the cold showers.

14 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I know how Goodrow felt after finally scoring after such a long drought.  I went 5 hole too, she’s still recovering!

14 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Shouldn't the Mullett Arena be in Alabama?

14 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

I'm actually happy for Jonathan Quick. Is this what the Grinch felt like when his heart started growing?

12 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Such a cool experience to go to The Mullet. I would say it was 70-80% Rangers fans. Coyotes are such a Mickey Mouse organization that they are permitted to play in that arena. Everything in the arena is ASU, barely any Coyotes logos.  

Fans were great, saw Sam Rosen during the 2nd intermission.  Had an excellent view of the Rangers goals in the 1st and 3rd periods. 

What a snipe by Laf for his first goal. 

if you ever wondered what happens to the hats after a hat trick, the ice crew staff told me they throw them out. 

Don't even get me started on the camera angle in that pit of despair arena!  God, it was awful!

There's just too much to list between Laff's trick, Quick's record, CK 300, and oh yeah, another 2 points with our 50th "W"!!

Props go out to Blue @Blue Heaven, for going behind enemy lines and bringing home a win!  I did get a kick out of the crowd singing our Goal song (Philly's favorite), when we scored!  Hilarious!

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Vodka Drunkenski Vodka!  I knew there was going to be some great comments about Goodrow finally breaking through, and that one beats all for today!

Happy Easter, fellas!!!  ...Let's take our act home and get ready to make history!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Holy Laff attack, Batman!!!

So why not go full out pedal to the metal against these young punks?  An absolute outburst of scoring with, I dare say it...Goodrow notching his "league trailing" 2nd of the year. 

Congratulations to Quick for an astonishing achievement.  He's been a great addition to the Rangers, and credit Dru for having the vision (or luck), to go out and get him from the scrap heap!

Here are the Top 21 ...Holy shit!  21!....nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by you guessed it, Krispy Kreme!  And you all know why!

Don't even get me started on the camera angle in that pit of despair arena!  God, it was awful!

There's just too much to list between Laff's trick, Quick's record, CK 300, and oh yeah, another 2 points with our 50th "W"!!

Props go out to Blue @Blue Heaven, for going behind enemy lines and bringing home a win!  I did get a kick out of the crowd singing our Goal song (Philly's favorite), when we scored!  Hilarious!

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Vodka Drunkenski Vodka!  I knew there was going to be some great comments about Goodrow finally breaking through, and that one beats all for today!

Happy Easter, fellas!!!  ...Let's take our act home and get ready to make history!!!

"Goodrow notching his "league trailing" 2nd of the year."

😁

• LOL 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

22 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Ozzy maybe you have a better understanding but why is Laviolette

keeping Rempe out of the lineup again? I mean will he be available during the playoffs? I hope so!!  
your thoughts on this please cause I'm a little lost on it…

LGR 

ED 

I wanna see Rempe in there too, Ed.  I just think that since we're winning, Lavvy isn't going to make too many changes.  Although even though he said he's going to cycle through the lineup as we approach the end of the season, we're still in a race for the top spot in the division for home ice, and also the President's Trophy.

• Applause 1

9 hours ago, Keirik said:

I'm still so jealous. And honestly @Ozzy BH wins this just for being there. Why kind of lunatic goes to the desert to watch our boys. Legend. 

There were about 3000 other lunatics. Just about everyone I met was from the Tri-state area. 3 dudes that were pre-gaming at the bar flew in yesterday AM and were flying out after the game. Now that is lunacy. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Thought I was going to squirt out a winner but 4 GDT assists for me sets my most points per game!  With lots of distractions I wasn’t feeling too social but man once that puck drops it changes everything. LGR! Happy Easter everyone.

• Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 2

55 minutes ago, mbob said:

Thought I was going to squirt out a winner but 4 GDT assists for me sets my most points per game!  With lots of distractions I wasn’t feeling too social but man once that puck drops it changes everything. LGR! Happy Easter everyone.

You're a mainstay, Bob!!!  It was between you and Vodka pretty much!

• Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Long live the King said:

yea sick burn.  Lova ya Zucc, but CK had all his best goal scoring season after you left....

This is true, but I still miss him. lol On the flip side, Zuc's numbers are where they are because he's playing with Kaprizov.