• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Does Kreider Hit 40?

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

It all depends on if Zib gets hot. CK can't really do anything on his own, so he needs MZ to feed him pucks. 

Agreed, but Zib feels like he's coming around and Kreider trends to score in bunches. My gut says he'll fall short -- maybe 35 -- but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with even more than 40 because he scores like four or five in one game.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

It all depends on if Zib gets hot. CK can't really do anything on his own, so he needs MZ to feed him pucks. 

Kreider does as well as his effort lets him.  When he is in world-beater mode he's dangerous.  When he's in Zib's caddy mode he isn't unless Zib threads the needle on a great pass.

He's going to be out of here this summer barring a great playoff run.  Maybe even with a great playoff run.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Agreed, but Zib feels like he's coming around and Kreider trends to score in bunches. My gut says he'll fall short -- maybe 35 -- but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with even more than 40 because he scores like four or five in one game.

There's a couple of games they can probably pop a lot of goals in, but most of the remaining schedule is pretty difficult. 

Arizona 3/30

Pittsburgh 4/1

Montreal 4/7

Ottawa 4/15

The rest of the schedule are probably going to be tough games. I also wonder if any of them get rest days. 

5 hours ago, Pete said:

There's a couple of games they can probably pop a lot of goals in, but most of the remaining schedule is pretty difficult. 

Arizona 3/30

Pittsburgh 4/1

Montreal 4/7

Ottawa 4/15

The rest of the schedule are probably going to be tough games. I also wonder if any of them get rest days. 

That's a good question. Same for Panarin. Figure the final two games, at least?

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Arizona 3/30

Pittsburgh 4/1

Montreal 4/7

Ottawa 4/15

The rest of the schedule are probably going to be tough games. I also wonder if any of them get rest days

Comes down to where they are in the standings and if any movement can be made in the standings.  Do they want to be the #1 seed in the league?  Do they want to be the #1 seed in the East?  Do they want to be 2nd in the division and play the 3rd place team?  

If any game they sit, I think it would be the next to last game vs. the Islanders.  

Think he gets close but comes up a couple short - going with 38.  Hoping he brings more intensity and physicality while finding another gear in the playoffs. 

When his career is over his stats won't lineup with how I remember him on many nights. It's incredibly ironic for a guy who produces (on the whole) but comes across as a guy who half assed it on some nights.  It will be like the two things don't line up or make any sense at all. It's hard to reconcile the two. But the name of the game is production and he's done that in the end. Imo he too has a whole lot on the line in the playoffs. Hoping he excels.

Edited by Scott

His fly-by's drive me up a wall!

I'm hoping for a full out effort in the playoffs.  If he's "saving it", then fine...but I wanna see that 6' 3" wall of terror I used to know and love when the playoffs hit. 

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

His fly-by's drive me up a wall!

I'm hoping for a full out effort in the playoffs.  If he's "saving it", then fine...but I wanna see that 6' 3" wall of terror I used to know and love when the playoffs hit. 

Define "fly" Oz. 🤔

10 hours ago, Scott said:

Define "fly" Oz. 🤔

Skating past a guy, instead of finishing a check and slowing him down.  ...drives me crazy!

...think of everything Cuylle does....and Krieder doesn't!  LOL

No. He's gliding more than usual to rest up for the postseason. There's still some games left and it's a long April and May if you have a deep run. I don't want them them, or anybody peaking too early. It's not like other players and teams don't do it. I'm sure Tampa Bay did it as they were gunning for a three-peat.

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

No. He's gliding more than usual to rest up for the postseason. There's still some games left and it's a long April and May if you have a deep run. I don't want them them, or anybody peaking too early. It's not like other players and teams don't do it. I'm sure Tampa Bay did it as they were gunning for a three-peat.

I guess we have to be hoping that Panarin didnt peak too early then.