• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Does Kreider Hit 40?

On 3/22/2024 at 9:22 AM, Br4d said:

Kreider does as well as his effort lets him.  When he is in world-beater mode he's dangerous.  When he's in Zib's caddy mode he isn't unless Zib threads the needle on a great pass.

He's going to be out of here this summer barring a great playoff run.  Maybe even with a great playoff run.

He will retire a Ranger and his number will be retired.....no doubt about it. 

How many more years left on his current deal? Depending on how much longer he's here, and if can still be productive, it's kind of insane he could wind up being their all-time leading goal scorer. We may criticize him a lot, and rightfully so sometimes, but possibly winding up with 400+ goals for him is kind of insane. lol Sometimes I wondered if he'd even hit 350 or even 300.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

How many more years left on his current deal? Depending on how much longer he's here, and if can still be productive, it's kind of insane he could wind up being their all-time leading goal scorer. We may criticize him a lot, and rightfully so sometimes, but possibly winding up with 400+ goals for him is kind of insane. lol Sometimes I wondered if he'd even hit 350 or even 300.

Kreider has had a really unusual career.  It's not normal for people to put up star caliber seasons from 30-32 after being a middle 6 guy for all of their 20's.  GG helped him more than any other Ranger in the two seasons he coached him.

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Kreider has had a really unusual career.  It's not normal for people to put up star caliber seasons from 30-32 after being a middle 6 guy for all of their 20's.  GG helped him more than any other Ranger in the two seasons he coached him.

I don't know. You could also make the case that maybe he's a late bloomer type. I also think it's because these last few years he's playing with much better offensive players. He's a guy who was always good in front, but now they've had players like Mika, Panarin, Fox, etc. who get pucks on net for him to tip. So, I think that's another reason for him getting more goals. This is certainly not the Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky New York Rangers.

Edited by Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

No LOL, Panarin, Fox, Mika and the powerplay helped him.

GG didn't coach anyone.