• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #69] Rangers vs Winnipeg Jets — Nice Game

Virtually no physical element to the game. Could have taken that effort, inserted into last year's playoffs n never known the difference. Run and gun, stupid careless cross ice passing and all. 

We are playing w two top D out, I'll give that. Still no excuse for the no -existent grind. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, siddious said:

A little late for the weird

im saving that shit for the playoffs anyway 

Thats a Cenobite from Hellraiser. Ties in to my Lament Configuration/Hellebuyck post before the game. 

If any top forward showed up tonight,  they win this one.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Hellebuyck was good, but still, basically a no show from our top offensive players. Good on Lafreniere for still shining through, even missing two of their top defensemen they were in it.

No show from everyone but Cuylle I think 

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, siddious said:

No show from everyone but Cuylle I think 

Fair, but I'll still give Lafreniere some love. Overall definitely a low point performance wise from everyone on offense, though. I say that after them managing over 40 shots. lol

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Fair, but I'll still give Lafreniere some love. Overall definitely a low point performance wise from everyone on offense, though. I say that after them managing over 40 shots. lol

40 perimeter shots*

• Keeps it 100 1

It's too bad we don't have a player that can step in and cause opposing teams to lose focus, get distracted, go off the rails a little bit. Ah well. Thought Brodzinski was really gonna make a difference tonight.

• VINNY! 3
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Dunny said:

It's too bad we don't have a player that can step in and cause opposing teams to lose focus, get distracted, go off the rails a little bit. Ah well. Thought Brodzinski was really gonna make a difference tonight.

Everyone was waiting for Rempe's suspension to finally be over, only for them to not bother playing him in a marquee match-up. 

5 minutes ago, Dunny said:

If only we had a guy to take a match penalty

1 minute ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

What would he have done to break them? Besides take another major

He at least would've been a bit of a distraction, maybe get Winnipeg off their game a bit, a big body in front of the net. Plus he can really play. Brodzinski was coming off a good game, though, so I wasn't completely surprised honestly.

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He at least would've been a bit of a distraction, maybe get Winnipeg off their game a bit, a big body in front of the net. Plus he can really play. Brodzinski was coming off a good game, though, so I wasn't completely surprised honestly.

Yep. I would expect to see the big guy in on Thursday vs. Boston.

The Hellebuyck stops here!

A little combination plate tonight between getting "goalied" by a former Vezina winner, some piss poor 2nd period play, and a bunch of missed chances that needed to hit the twine for us tonight.

...and here are the Top 8 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by GNC, for when you're running low on Vitamin Rempe.

4 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Maybe Rempe is still recovering from the procedure to sew his elbows onto his torso.

3 hours ago, The Great Hamboni said:

Leaning away from Gingras like he knows his wife's watching.  

2 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

When will Wennberg score? Wenn I ask you??

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Kreider with arguably the laziest stupidest shittiest play of the season. 

2 hours ago, knedragon said:

Kreider still using Wheeler’s skates and swapped his stick with the shovel girls shovel ! Wtf 

2 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Haven’t shut off a game in a really long time, this might be the night

1 hour ago, Dem said:

Hope Sciefly gets mugged leaving the garden

1 hour ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Hellebuyck IS the fucking GEICO walrus. Glad they're going to fight it out in the West. 

I was thinking we were due for one of these stink bombs sooner or later.  A lot of sloppy play in the 2nd period with puck retrievals and breakout failures.

We seemed to lack any intensity after the 1st period, until there was about 7 minutes left in the game.  It's been a rough stretch with the schedule, but we still had our chances to win this one....and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to RG!!  @RodrigueGabriel!!

We couldn't beat this guy with a Howitzer tonight!  I actually think he was better than the walrus!! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

We're going to keep a young player out of the lineup to make a point.  But we're not going to healthy scratch any of the vets who went at half speed for multiple shifts.

Meanwhile, in Philadelphia...Sean Couturier was a healthy scratch for the Philadelphia Flyers against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Wells Fargo Center on Tuesday.

https://www.nhl.com/news/philadelphia-couturier-frustrated-about-being-scratch-against-toronto

"I guess we're going with the best lineup available tonight to get a win," Couturier said before Philadelphia won 4-3. "So, it is what it is. ... I've got to leave my ego aside, I guess, and hopefully team finds a way to get a win here tonight and I can get back into [the lineup] soon."'

Philadelphia coach John Tortorella said Monday that Couturier was one of several players he was looking to see more from.

"For me, I don't care the name, the stature, veteran, especially this time of year," Tortorella said. "I don't care who you are, I'm going to put the guys that give us the best chance to win that particular game..."I'll never worry about him as far as effort, as far as attitude," Tortorella said. "He is a pro. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. I'm not worried about that. I need him to be better, that's all."

4 hours ago, fletch said:

We're going to keep a young player out of the lineup to make a point.  But we're not going to healthy scratch any of the vets who went at half speed for multiple shifts.

Meanwhile, in Philadelphia...Sean Couturier was a healthy scratch for the Philadelphia Flyers against the Toronto Maple Leafs at Wells Fargo Center on Tuesday.

https://www.nhl.com/news/philadelphia-couturier-frustrated-about-being-scratch-against-toronto

"I guess we're going with the best lineup available tonight to get a win," Couturier said before Philadelphia won 4-3. "So, it is what it is. ... I've got to leave my ego aside, I guess, and hopefully team finds a way to get a win here tonight and I can get back into [the lineup] soon."'

Philadelphia coach John Tortorella said Monday that Couturier was one of several players he was looking to see more from.

"For me, I don't care the name, the stature, veteran, especially this time of year," Tortorella said. "I don't care who you are, I'm going to put the guys that give us the best chance to win that particular game..."I'll never worry about him as far as effort, as far as attitude," Tortorella said. "He is a pro. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. I'm not worried about that. I need him to be better, that's all."

Who said they kept him out of the lineup to make a point? Nobody. Just fans. Maybe they kept him out of the lineup because they won three of four games without him?

Sorry but Rempe playing 6 minutes a night before getting kicked out is not the key to success for this team. They are more than capable of winning without him.

As far as what's going on in Philly, I'll take the team that's been in first in the Metro and top five in the league all season and not be impressed by a team that's struggling to make a wild card because they scratch their captain. 

Your quote pulls missed the part where Couturier was asked if it was communicated to him what he needs to do to get back into the lineup, and he said no. The staff didn't say anything to him other than "be better". That's not top notch coaching. And I'm a Torts fan.

No, I don't envy the Flyers because they're so cool they scratch their captain. 

Edited by Pete