• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The 2023-2024 Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Jimmy Vesey or Ryan Lindgren and it's not close. 

Quick should be nominated for his dedication to hockey, I think that's the Pearson 

Vesey parlayed what was probably a final NHL contract last year into a two-year extension with how well he's played, and he's routinely moved up in the lineup as needed. Really can't go wrong with him here. He kinda embodies what this award is about, which is mostly to recognize guys who punch well above their weight.

• JIMMY! 1
  • Applause 2

38 minutes ago, Phil said:

Vesey parlayed what was probably a final NHL contract last year into a two-year extension with how well he's played, and he's routinely moved up in the lineup as needed. Really can't go wrong with him here. He kinda embodies what this award is about, which is mostly to recognize guys who punch well above their weight.

This

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

But not "this" when I was the one who said Vesey to begin with?

chris tucker do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? GIF

What happened feeling left out? You known ily2

the “this” was mainly geared at

He kinda embodies what this award is about, which is mostly to recognize guys who punch well above their weight.

This is fan voted, no? I don’t think Vesey gets it for that reason not that he’s not deserving.

I think Panarin needs to get some consideration this year as well as all the others previously mentioned.

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

This is fan voted, no? I don’t think Vesey gets it for that reason not that he’s not deserving.

I think Panarin needs to get some consideration this year as well as all the others previously mentioned.

Yeah I agree with the main guys being mentioned (Trocheck, Vesey, Quick, Lindgren) but Panarin with the head-shaving and commitment to more shooting and goal-scoring and overall better play, he's up there for me for sure.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

Tro, not sure anybody could of predicted him consistently coming up as big as he had in so many spots consistently throughout this season.  I think Vesey is a good story as well he just plays such a smaller role, TOI etc.

I don’t see why skill players can’t win the «extra effort award» tho.

Vesey gives everything ever shift, which is amazing, but it’s also the only way for him to be a productive NHL’er. I don’t think he’s done anything special this year to deserve this award. He does what he has to do to be effective.

Panarin has stepped it up this year and is really putting in that «extra effort» every day. Trocheck the same. He plays all situations like Vesey and he hustles and grinds just as much as Vesey does. Him being skilled and saucing passes all over the ice doesn’t mean he’s not putting in the extra effort.

And Quick’s case is an obvious one. We would be happy with around league average goaltending for 15-20 games, he’s given us top 5 goaltending for 20+ games.

16 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I don’t see why skill players can’t win the «extra effort award» tho.

Vesey gives everything ever shift, which is amazing, but it’s also the only way for him to be a productive NHL’er. I don’t think he’s done anything special this year to deserve this award. He does what he has to do to be effective.

Panarin has stepped it up this year and is really putting in that «extra effort» every day. Trocheck the same. He plays all situations like Vesey and he hustles and grinds just as much as Vesey does. Him being skilled and saucing passes all over the ice doesn’t mean he’s not putting in the extra effort.

And Quick’s case is an obvious one. We would be happy with around league average goaltending for 15-20 games, he’s given us top 5 goaltending for 20+ games.

Maybe it’s just me but I always felt like stars get awards and recognition all the time. This award should go to the unspoken hero. Guys like fast, Lindgren, vesey etc… 

first line winger SHOULD score 40 goals.. that’s not going above and beyond lol 

Quick I think is a viable candidate simply because at this age I don’t think anyone saw this coming