• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The 2023-2024 Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award

On 3/15/2024 at 2:46 PM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I'm with you here Oz.

Quick deserves a HM too. He was huge when the team needed him during Igor's injury and slump. Cuylle as an outsider, but I have a feeling he'll rack up these later in his career.

Give it to Tro!

Quick actually might be the most deserving name on the roster. He was an .882, 37-year-old goalie who was universally panned when the Rangers signed him. He stunk up the preseason so badly that people were openly questioning if he should just retire before the season started. He turned that into a .916 season in progress with two shutouts and a span of play that literally had Steve Valiquette questioning if he should be the starter. Oh, plus a mid-season contract extension.

He's this year's Jimmy Vesey.

It's Quick.

• Like 2
  • 'Merica! 1
  • Applause 1

Quick has had a great season but the award is for extra effort not for comeback player or most improved player.

Vesey, Lindgren and even Cuylle I think give more of an extra effort.

It's hard to measure effort level of a goalie though.

• Believe 1

15 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Quick has had a great season but the award is for extra effort not for comeback player or most improved player.

Vesey, Lindgren and even Cuylle I think give more of an extra effort.

It's hard to measure effort level of a goalie though.

yeah, gotta be Lindgren.  

• Applause 1

Trocheck or Vesey for me. It's a really interesting debate and a good problem to have that we have quite a few very likely winners. I think Quick could win the Jennings, but I'll save this one for those two.

Edited by Sharpshooter

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 2:46 PM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I'm with you here Oz.

Quick deserves a HM too. He was huge when the team needed him during Igor's injury and slump. Cuylle as an outsider, but I have a feeling he'll rack up these later in his career.

Give it to Tro!

On 3/15/2024 at 2:26 PM, Ozzy said:

Trocheck

Me and you, @Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc man!!  We were in early, and got it!   ...as were a few others, but I don't get many things right these days and I need a day to shine!  LOL

• Cheers 1

Good for Tro. He's having a career season and been a catalyst all year. I think this may have been one of the most competitive seasons as far as who to vote for. It shows how good and deep this team is, and how good the comradery is.