• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Jack Roslovic From CBJ

22 minutes ago, Karan said:

Damn, what's George Costanza doing in the Blue Jackets boardroom? 

I still love hearing JD.  He seems like the coolest dude ever!

Thanks JD!  Ros has been pretty good for us!!!

2 hours ago, Karan said:

Damn, what's George Costanza doing in the Blue Jackets boardroom? 

This is really cool. I love this kind of behind-the-scenes stuff.

It'd be really fucking cool to see something like this as a miniseries running up to the deadline or the draft.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Reminded me of the behind the scenes look at Kane getting traded to the Rangers last year.

I don't think I saw this, but I'm assuming it went along the lines of "Trade me to New York, and if that doesn't work out, then trade me to New York."

Interesting how drury just snuck in the 50% of games in there at the end.

Ur hearing all the negotiation on JDs end, but you gotta assume the same happened before the calls on drurys end.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I really wish JD was still here as President, and be part of this big turnaround the last three years.

Maybe there’s a reason he’s not. I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth to what really went down during those firings.

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Maybe there’s a reason he’s not. I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth to what really went down during those firings.

What success, real success, has JD really had in an executive role?

• Bullseye 1

JD's always been exuberant, as a goalie, as a commentator and as a GM.  That's his biggest strength, he believes.

I think he was too close to the Rangers to be successful here over the long-term.  Less pressure wherever else he is.

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

He’s had some success, kind of, everywhere, but no real rousing or ultimate success anywhere. 

Rousing success in '79 but not ultimate success.  

20 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't think I saw this, but I'm assuming it went along the lines of "Trade me to New York, and if that doesn't work out, then trade me to New York."

Lol.

It was like a 9 minute video. I’m gonna try and find it. It was basically Kyle Davidson and Chicago management weeding through everything as far as accommodating the request. It shows Kane leaving the hotel in San Jose to go back to Chicago until the deal was official. Shows Davidson’s conversation with Kane letting him know the deal was official and the trade call with the league too. It was cool.

Here it is: