• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Devils Fire Lindy Ruff

Just now, Kick save and a beauty said:

Didn't see that coming and I think their problems have more to do with injuries and the makeup of the roster rather than it has to do with the head coach.

I think they’re all problems. Lindy looked like a genius because brunette was there to help out. Not surprised to see how bad they are without him.

losing graves in the offseason and adding luke hughes who’s awful at defense doesn’t help when you don’t have goaltending. Hamilton injury didn’t help either. 

Just now, siddious said:

I think they’re all problems. Lindy looked like a genius because brunette was there to help out. Not surprised to see how bad they are without him.

losing graves in the offseason and adding luke hughes who’s awful at defense doesn’t help when you don’t have goaltending. Hamilton injury didn’t help either. 

And they lost Severson, and Hughes can't stay healthy, and Timo Meier sucks. 

51 minutes ago, siddious said:

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

And they lost Severson, and Hughes can't stay healthy, and Timo Meier sucks. 

You can’t lose 2 top-4 D in the offseason, replace them with essentially 2 kids that are offensive guys, plus another one in season, plus all that other stuff and have things go well. 

12 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Fitzgerald gets an extension…Ruff gets fired. I don’t think ruff is very good but he really had to deal with some shitty cards this year.

Didn't Ruff also get an extension? He's getting paid either way. 

It's the personnel, stupid.

I was just looking up someone at hockeydb.com, saw Ruff listed among those pulled up over the past hour, assumed he was fired, and came here to see what the gang had to say about it.

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

This is like the GG firing.  Sometimes your players get you fired.

The only thing that makes this like GG is they're both shit coaches.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

3 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

All I know is I'm pulling for Gallant to come on and coach the Devils.

I was gonna say that would be amazing but he has a great track record in his first year/two

Just now, siddious said:

I was gonna say that would be amazing but he has a great track record in his first year/two

Let the Devils feel like shit is okay and not win a Stanley Cup. That's fine by me.

"They pay to see me play...and get coaches fired"

Yes, I know it's not really his fault, but I want this moment. I'm glad the Meier contract seems to be a disaster already. I had this really bad feeling he was going to go the Devils and be really good. Still time, I guess, but not looking so hot already. Oh well.