• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#59) Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets — Arrive; Raise Hell; Leave With Jennyr

Phil

Just now, Bugg said:

Somewhere between tired and stupid.....

This.

They did look tired, yes. But there were some extremely stupid and poor decisions made tonight.

I ain’t one to usually bury Miller like others. But he and Trouba were inexcusably horrible tonight.

• Keeps it 100 1

10-0 run was great no question about it!

getting walked by a league doormat, not so much, tired or not. Just trash from so many, with Miller and Trouba at the top of a long list.

Burn the tape, turn the page and onto the next one.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

It's a miracle they won 10 in a row. 5th game in a row giving up 40+ shots.

Disagree.

Tonight was the only game the shot quality met the shot totals. The quality of chances developed tonight was unlike many other games recently. They were keeping a lot to the outside and a lot of those shots were easy for Igor or Quick. Yesterday and today though, we allowed a good amount of chances.

They can clean it up.

In the end, it's not a big deal to end a winning streak. Just means they still have work to do. There needs to be some sort of adjustment to the Miller?Trouba pairing. They are, they have been, and they continue to be brutal. That literally would be the matchup every top team would focus on in the playoffs when given the last change. 

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Disagree.

Tonight was the only game the shot quality met the shot totals. The quality of chances developed tonight was unlike many other games recently. They were keeping a lot to the outside and a lot of those shots were easy for Igor or Quick. Yesterday and today though, we allowed a good amount of chances.

They can clean it up.

Nah. They've been getting smoked in high danger chances too. The score has just hidden it.

9 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

It's a miracle they won 10 in a row. 5th game in a row giving up 40+ shots.

This is not the recipe to win a Cup. You’d think they’d have learned from the Lundqvist Era. Oh well, gotta ride it I guess. 

Edited by Parsley

• Phil unpinned this topic

The team as a whole at 5v5 have been significantly better than they were earlier. So that’s definitely a positive. There are more positives than negatives right now. That said, and I hate to pile it on, but I’m really concerned about the top line at ES. Mika has not scored at 5v5 since like Christmas. I know we’re likely to acquire a winger for that line by the deadline. Maybe even someone who has produced there in the past. But even watching the game tonight, once Panarin went on that line, he wasn’t even a difference maker. And I don’t put that on him. I put it on the line. Panarin has been an avalanche of opportunity all year and even he can’t wake that line up? I don’t know what could. It may be time to split Kreider and Zibanejad up. The issue is that you’re not touching the Trocheck line, and Kakko has looked good in his role on the 3rd line. So I don’t know what the swap can be. May have to just ride it out and hope whoever comes in at the deadline in that spot can kickstart the engine there.