• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#54) Rangers vs. Montreal Canadiens — the Drurys Send Their Regards

Phil

Just now, RodrigueGabriel said:

It's been more than a month now. Slow decision making and fumbly hands. Just so out of character.

I don't disagree but tonight at least for me it was really noticable

• Phil unpinned this topic

So after an extensive debate all day about Wheeler, he goes down and it didn't look good.  I felt the air go out of those guys after that. 

But alas, a good intermission of hot dogs, beer and cocaine in the locker room, we get a spark from none other than Kreider, who lit the powder keg, and off we went!

...and here are the Top 20 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT” in what I would call a very "spirited GDT"!!

3 hours ago, Dem said:

Ok he's stuttering sputtering and slurring. All is good in the world. Sam here's to you and Johnny Walker.

3 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

RW depth is now thinner than Sam's combover.....

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Whoever said LaFleur gets partial credit for trivia!

That would be me, kind sir!  Thank you!

Fox puck watching like Kate Upton just walked by.....

If this game were a pack of starburst, we are the orange ones.....just not good.

3 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Speaking of wasted efforts, how about all that back and forth about not being able to bench Wheeler between us today?

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Doesn’t Kreider know he is suppose to crash into the goalie on a breakaway

GOAL!!!!!!

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Did anyone else know Kreider could score like that? I thought he as contractually obligated to use the tip

2 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

More. Open him up fucking wider. I want to see old Ricardo Montalban in tears.

2 hours ago, Dem said:

From Zibanabad to zibanajad in 4 minutes flat!

2 hours ago, knedragon said:

Someone Pay off Toronto tonite ?

2 hours ago, phillyb said:

Fox has 3 assists and I still fucking hate him. 

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Broke his legs. He’s actually quicker now!

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Kreider getting a hatty tonight?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

More likely a handy. From Zibanejack 

1 hour ago, VegasRanger said:

Kreider with the hat!!!!  Wait, that means he actually took shots.  Unpossible.

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

Does Kakko ever smile anymore? He scores a goal and he looks like you just kicked his dog in the nuts.

1 hour ago, Art20c said:

That’s where all the scoring was hidden. In Wheeler’s leg. Who knew. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Not really bashing Fox but I, pretty sure Quick could beat him in a race to the puck lol 

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

Well, his name isn't slow. it's Quick.

An absolute defensive gem tonight, eh boys?  What a messy ass game, but we'll take the duece and roll to #6 on the Win parade!

Will Cuylle for fucking president, I say!  That, and I gotta give Kreider some credit.  For a guy I really get on for a lot of things, when he gets hot, he's a beast! 

The winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @siddious Pete!!!  I really laughed out loud when I read that one!  Seriously guys, some really entertaining stuff in the GDT tonight.  It's been like that pretty much all season!!!

This week's Power Rankings are up!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

By the way...Edstrom seems to win every board battle!  The guy's an animal!

This guy fucks, hope he can mix in a little offense because he looks like the first 6/7 player I’ve seen. If I’m a defenseman I’m not happy when he’s coming at me on the forecheck 

• Keeps it 100 1

1980's hockey tonight at MSG. Defense was bad, but Quick was a bit off. It was nice to get him some goal support against a goalie who had given them fits before, but wasn't really that good himself either. Nice to see Kakko get rewarded even though I thought it was kind of a bad goal by the goaltender, but he continues to make things happen going to the net.

8 minutes ago, phillyb said:

But Fox won a Norris a few years ago…

Eh Norris Trophies piss me off. 

I've said for a long time there should be two trophies for defensemen. One for defensive play and one for offensive play. Fox is the perfect example of why that should be a thing. lol

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I've said for a long time there should be two trophies for defensemen. One for defensive play and one for offensive play. Fox is the perfect example of why that should be a thing. lol

Which one would Miller win?

• LMFAO 1

5 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Kreider was in beast mode last night. What is it with him? Is it mental? That has to be it 'cause we can all see the speed and skill.

100% a question of effort expended with Kreider.  When he is playing hard he's a top line LW.  When he's not he's kind of invisible out there.

• Keeps it 100 1

19 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Health check on @The Dude . Just making sure he's ok after the adrenaline of the game wears off and Wheeler's injury sinks in

I'm just surprised something didn't happen to him earlier.  I'd have thought he'd  break down here and there.

Meh. 21 points in 54 games, being pushed up and down the lineup isnt as bad as everyone makes him out to be. 

Hopefully he can be a depth piece in the playoffs. But now it's definitely true that they need a RW (maybe 2) and a 3 C (or 2). 

Tarasenko,  Vatrano and maybe even Kane are likely main targets for Drury. Possibly Duclair as another. I really think they may go and get 2 RWs. 

I think the 3C is going to be a relatively cheaper guy than Henrique.