• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#53) Rangers vs. Calgary Flames — Goin' for Five Cause We Spit Hot Fire

Phil

16 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

Haha fair enough. Same question but laf?

11 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

You trippin’?

Chill, that's a tough one. Even the previous context about Kakko was tough and I was only joking with the "downside" question. But now after looking at Kakko's first season (66gp, 10g/13a) and Cuylle's current season (53gp, 9g/7a), I think that's a no-brainer and you take 2 Cuylle's for the minimal point differential. 

Laf on the other hand, nah, chill. Laf is learning how to swing his jimmy; Kakko barely knows where his jimmy is. 

• LMFAO 2
  • Bullseye 1
  • JIMMY! 1

Heeeeeee's BAAAAACK!!!

A really tough and gritty effort from the Blue Crew tonight!  The bottom 6 getting it done once again, and a heroic effort by Igor, who looked to be in his former Vezina form tonight.

Hats off to Markstrom, who was absolutely unconscious tonight, making some bionic saves, to keep Calgary in it the whole way!  And here are the Top 9 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

3 hours ago, knedragon said:

How do you put Wheelchair on the first PP ?!?!?

3 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

HOLY SHIT!! Kreider cut to the net!!!!!  I’m marking my calendar…

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I was told this was a microdose, but Kreider just went to the net so hard that I know I'm trippin balls. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Pospocil... The guy's name sounds like cream for genital warts. 

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Fuck. Ozzy's going to love this one

Yes, he does!  😃

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

Shesty gonna get the puck and fire it 200 feet just to remind the power play units what’s up. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Shesty needed a game like this, like @Keirik needs a vasectomy.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Igor just ramming it up Vally's hoop, no spit, no lube, no rim job. 

12 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Chill, that's a tough one. Even the previous context about Kakko was tough and I was only joking with the "downside" question. But now after looking at Kakko's first season (66gp, 10g/13a) and Cuylle's current season (53gp, 9g/7a), I think that's a no-brainer and you take 2 Cuylle's for the minimal point differential. 

Laf on the other hand, nah, chill. Laf is learning how to swing his jimmy; Kakko barely knows where his jimmy is. 

A really big 2 points tonight, and the more I watch Will Cuylle, the more I realize this team is moving in the right direction.  I love that fucking kid!  I actually wish we had 5 of of him!

And the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Pete, who was on fire tonight, topping the board with 4 out of the 9 nominees!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Applause 1

Thought we played well. If not for Markstrom, we probably walk off the ice after the 1st period with a few goals. We look significantly better defensively. More tight, better in our own end. I still get a little annoyed with turnovers in our own zone when we have easy outs. But is what it is. Overall, good game. Igor looked locked in. Hopefully acts as a springboard for him for the future as far as getting him back to being him.

• Like 1

Would like to think off Cullye's greasy GWG Laviolette can tell his top dogs not every goal is 4 tape to tape passes followed by a Guy Lafleur picture  perfect seeing eye shot. SHOOT THE FUCKIN' PUCK AND GO TO THE NET. Weren't gonna beat Markstrom last night if he could see the shot. But scramble in front, it happened. 

• Like 1

It got a little hairy there in the end with some turnovers, but you kind of expect that against the team that's losing because they're pulling out all the stops. Considering the opposition, and how well they've been playing, you totally take a shutout win and be thrilled with it. That was Vezina Igor last night. I also feel like Rangers/Flames games the last few years have been really damn good. I remember last season's meeting at MSG was one of the best, most entertaining games of the season. Markstrom has been good and has always played as very tough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Would like to think off Cullye's greasy GWG Laviolette can tell his top dogs not every goal is 4 tape to tape passes followed by a Guy Lafleur picture  perfect seeing eye shot. SHOOT THE FUCKIN' PUCK AND GO TO THE NET. Weren't gonna beat Markstrom last night if he could see the shot. But scramble in front, it happened. 

I found it funny that kakko took that shot and then proceeded to skate around the net while Cuylle went to the net and got the goal. 

there’s your difference maker 

• Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
40 minutes ago, siddious said:

I found it funny that kakko took that shot and then proceeded to skate around the net while Cuylle went to the net and got the goal. 

there’s your difference maker 

So it's not enough that he's created the last two goals that line scored by taking the puck to the net with hard shots that goalies couldn't handle, you're still trying to find a negative? Give me a break. 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

So it's not enough that he's created the last two goals that line scored by taking the puck to the net with hard shots that goalies couldn't handle, you're still trying to find a negative? Give me a break. 

Kakko's shift in play from "go get the puck and protect it" to "take that shit to the net" has completely revitalized that line. When Kakko goes to the net, good things happen, especially when you have two guys like Cuylle and Brodzinski following in.

11 hours ago, torontonyr said:

If you could clone Cuylle, but the cost was sacrificing Kakko, would you do it?

I would without flinching 

"if you could clone Cuylle, but the cost was sacrificing Ka—"

4ohske.png?a474192

• LMFAO 3
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

I watched the goal over again, not sure what else he’s suppose to do there.  Stop short and go back to the net and collide with Cuylle?  He made a good play imo

30 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Though Igor got a shutout, to me he didnt look 100% comfortable. I think he was lucky that bunch of shots hit him. Couple of inches higher and those are in the net. 
couple of glove flashes were nice

I agree, and the 3rd period was nothing but a disaster otherwise. I don’t know what Lavi has to do to teach this team to play more uneventful hockey when they are working off a lead, but it hasn’t gotten through to them.

The first two periods were good.

Igor looked like he was on top of his shit last night.  I watched him really closely.  He was in position, and tracking the puck with his eyes on everything I saw.  He never looked behind him or looked unsure of himself.

He stayed in the blue  or at the top of it to challenge a few shots and his glove hand looked the best I've seen all season.

Valley called it in the 1st period that he wasn't going to allow shit tonight.  Valley has balls of steel for saying that, but I would think he saw what he thought was supreme confidence in a very good goalie.

I think we have our man back!

• VINNY! 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Igor looked like he was on top of his shit last night.  I watched him really closely.  He was in position, and tracking the puck with his eyes on everything I saw.  He never looked behind him or looked unsure of himself.

He stayed in the blue  or at the top of it to challenge a few shots and his glove hand looked the best I've seen all season.

Valley called it in the 1st period that he wasn't going to allow shit tonight.  Valley has balls of steel for saying that, but I would think he saw what he thought was supreme confidence in a very good goalie.

I think we have our man back!

You remind menof this guy

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by GIPHY News