• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#53) Rangers vs. Calgary Flames — Goin' for Five Cause We Spit Hot Fire

Phil

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I agree, and the 3rd period was nothing but a disaster otherwise. I don’t know what Lavi has to do to teach this team to play more uneventful hockey when they are working off a lead, but it hasn’t gotten through to them.

The first two periods were good.

Lavi cant do anything. The team does whatever the hell they want. 

• Keeps it 100 2

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

So it's not enough that he's created the last two goals that line scored by taking the puck to the net with hard shots that goalies couldn't handle, you're still trying to find a negative? Give me a break. 

I’m not shitting on the guy (here) I’m saying that’s why Cuylle scored and kakko has like 2 on the season. 

10 minutes ago, siddious said:

And then couldn’t finish. 

go to the net is the exact mentality that needs to infect the rest of this team 

He took the puck to the net. How do you think it got there? Osmosis? 

His role in that play is not to crash the net. He's the puck carrier. It's as line-mates job to get to the net for rebounds and it's his job to put the puck on net. Everybody did their job on this goal, and the one in the last game.

But if you want to dwell on the negative that he didn't finish a play that he created on his own, sure dwell on the negative. 

We’ve all said how what we wanted to see him to do more of was 2 things:

Start taking the puck to the middle and to the net more.

Shoot more.

He has started to do that of late and it’s started to generate some positive results, and here we are with the same old narrative about how he sucks.

2 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

He does suck. One decent play does not absolve him from 4 years of being a bust

Well he wasn’t a bust at all on his first 2-3 seasons. No player is if they’re playing every night at that age. That’s 100% part of the development process. 

Then he had a very encouraging season last year. Enough so, that many people all in and around the game felt him a breakout candidate this season.

It went poorly early on. That line wasn’t productive in the early going. Then he got hurt.

Now he’s back. 
It’s starting to go a bit better.

He turned 23 TODAY.

I get the upset and frustration.

But let’s keep proper perspective and patience here.

It’s not a linear thing. Nor is it easily predictable. And it happens on the timeline that it happens. Not on anyone else’s. 

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

He does suck. One decent play does not absolve him from 4 years of being a bust

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Instead of saying "Well one play (and it's not just the one) doesn't absolve him of 4 years..." Why not just say "Hopefully he's turned a corner and can do more of that."?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

Instead of saying "Well one play (and it's not just the one) doesn't absolve him of 4 years..." Why not just say "Hopefully he's turned a corner and can do more of that."?

Trust me, im rooting for this guy as much as anyone but i just dont see it in him. This is not his first step, he’s been around. 

on another note, i wonder what his name means in Finnish. 

5 hours ago, Pete said:

He took the puck to the net. How do you think it got there? Osmosis? 

His role in that play is not to crash the net. He's the puck carrier. It's as line-mates job to get to the net for rebounds and it's his job to put the puck on net. Everybody did their job on this goal, and the one in the last game.

But if you want to dwell on the negative that he didn't finish a play that he created on his own, sure dwell on the negative. 

I saw it once, live. I won’t die on this hill but I remember him shooting it and then proceeded to skate away/around the net while Cuylle crashed the net.