• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Greg Moore Highway: General Re-call/assignment Thread

Phil

It's just a numbers game. They want to stay as close to the max cap as possible because it allows them to maximize how far over the cap they can go with Chytil's LTIR hit.

Edit: NVM. That's only for when a player first goes on LTIR. They are well past that. Maybe these guys will actually get a look or something.

Edited by BrooksBurner

8 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

It's just a numbers game. They want to stay as close to the max cap as possible because it allows them to maximize how far over the cap they can go with Chytil's LTIR hit.

Edit: NVM. That's only for when a player first goes on LTIR. They are well past that. Maybe these guys will actually get a look or something.

I think they liked what they saw in the brief glimpse they got if Edstrom and wanna give him another look.

Honestly, cycling in a body or two here and there down the stretch to give guys a day off intermittently while also letting sone guys get their feet wet is a good idea.

IDK why more teams don’t do it. 

13 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I think they liked what they saw in the brief glimpse they got if Edstrom and wanna give him another look.

Honestly, cycling in a body or two here and there down the stretch to give guys a day off intermittently while also letting sone guys get their feet wet is a good idea.

IDK why more teams don’t do it. 

Edstrom could be the 4c of the future. Who knows. Def doesn't have the stats to support the 3c they need.

5 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Edstrom could be the 4c of the future. Who knows. Def doesn't have the stats to support the 3c they need.

I think there’s a few guys down there right now they seriously believe will be contributing with the big club in bottom-6 roles over the next 1-2 seasons. 
Edstrom might be one. Sykora is another. 

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

Anyone but Pitlick. Please. 
not sure what this guy is doing in the NHL

I wouldn’t shit on Pitlick. He’s done an admirable and serviceable job there.

That line plays against the other teams top line very often, he’s got a goal and 4 points in 60% DZS and he’s only a minus-6.

That said, I think if you got a better 3C, you move Brodz to 4th line RW, both lines improve.

Brodz I think would be double barreled there.

He’d give line 4 a boost in terms of skill. Speed is the same and it’s pretty good. Plus Brodz gives you 2 options for faceoffs. And it’s a righty/lefty option. 

Henrique is the guy for line 3.

He makes the most sense and checks a lot of boxes.

Though the bigger need is a top RW.

Thats where the spark is needed. 

And if we are being honest… I’d have loved to see Chytil pushed to RW and playing with Zib and CK. 

Edited by RangersIn7

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

confused i don't know GIF by San Jose Sharks

Hockey Hoki GIF by Fehervar AV19

If we're being honest....

If you’re saying Buch… yeah.

But get over it.

It was a mistake caused by a situation out of Drury’s control.

That trade is still more bad luck than bad judgment. 

I don't understand why we have to relitigate this trade over and over.

He needed to be traded due to the cap. The problem wasn't trading the player, the problem was the return.

Move on. There's not a GM in the league who doesn't have a trade they'd love a mulligan on. 

• Keeps it 100 1

22 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

If you’re saying Buch… yeah.

But get over it.

It was a mistake caused by a situation out of Drury’s control.

That trade is still more bad luck than bad judgment. 

It's terrible judgment.  They've been looking for this exact type of player ever since. 200' game, PPG player. No need to walk away from such a player. Could have brought in Perry for much cheaper and probably bring in Reaves.

Overpaying for Goodrow is totally on Drury. He's already brought in similar players for league minimum. 

I'm not over it. Nor should I be. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't understand why we have to relitigate this trade over and over.

He needed to be traded due to the cap. The problem wasn't trading the player, the problem was the return.

Move on. There's not a GM in the league who doesn't have a trade they'd love a mulligan on. 

He absolutely didn't have to be traded for the cap. Don't sign players that aren't that important instead of making capspace for your homegrown PPG RW, when you have so many question marks about tge position. 

The team literally needs that player back in order to be a serious contender. Its worth harping on, just as much as it's worth harping on Kreider coasting for years and years, despite great production.  

Let's not pick and choose which long time scars we are allowed to dwell on. 

Just now, The Dude said:

He absolutely didn't have to be traded for the cap. Don't sign players that aren't that important instead of making capspace for your homegrown PPG RW, when you have so many question marks about tge position. 

The team literally needs that player back in order to be a serious contender. Its worth harping on, just as much as it's worth harping on Kreider coasting for years and years, despite great production.  

Let's not pick and choose which long time scars we are allowed to dwell on. 

The difference being Kreider is on the team and Buch isn't. You won't catch me talking about that guy when he's gone. I don't know why the defense of your position constantly involves pointing the finger elsewhere. 

You know who the team needs right now more than Buch? JT Miller. But we don't relitigate that trade over and over because we know it was fucked up and we move on. 

Live in the now. 

4 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

With the way BCK has been playing, looks line first line Vesey.

It does indeed. And can you really blame them? Vesey went up and Bromance immediately lit the Garden up.

Also, to @Br4d's point - that's probably why they're content to let Berard and Othmann hang out in Hartford for longer. Lots of movement up and down, but leave the most key guys there if possible.

4 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

It does indeed. And can you really blame them? Vesey went up and Bromance immediately lit the Garden up.

Also, to @Br4d's point - that's probably why they're content to let Berard and Othmann hang out in Hartford for longer. Lots of movement up and down, but leave the most key guys there if possible.

I'm not mad at it at all.  It would be cool to throw Othmann on the top line just for the outdoor game though.