• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Matthew Robertson From Hartford

He hasn’t been at practice for 2 days due to personal reasons. Someone said it may have to do with his wife being due? I’m not sure. But yeah, that would make sense. But why not just slot Jones in for the game? What’s he doing here if he can’t just slide in when someone is out for a game?

14 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

He hasn’t been at practice for 2 days due to personal reasons. Someone said it may have to do with his wife being due? I’m not sure. But yeah, that would make sense. But why not just slot Jones in for the game? What’s he doing here if he can’t just slide in when someone is out for a game?

Yeah, his wife has been like 8.5/9 months pregnant, so odds are she's really close to labor, or already in it.

They probably recalled Robertson here just to have an extra to carry in case of any last-minute injuries tomorrow.

• Bullseye 1

I'd like to see Robertson again.  I'm curious to see some progress with him, even if it's a couple of games or so.  He had a pretty poor pre-season, so I'm hoping maybe he's learned a few things.

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

UPDATE: Recalled again on 1/19/24.

If they have no confidence in Zac Jones, they need to get rid of him. Because he’s just taking up a roster spot at this point unless more than 1 defenseman is banged up…

I feel bad for Jones. With some playing time and coaching, he will be serviceable up here. He is wasting away cashing a check but I'm sure he'd rather be playing. He will be the Morgan Barron of this TDL.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I feel bad for Jones. With some playing time and coaching, he will be serviceable up here. He is wasting away cashing a check but I'm sure he'd rather be playing. He will be the Morgan Barron of this TDL.

Hold up hold up hold up...

Are you seriously advocating trading Fox in one thread and playing Jones in another thread?

You're definitely Zach. Or his agent. 

Edited by Pete
  • LOL 1

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hold up hold up hold up...

Are you seriously advocating trading Fox in one thread and playing Jones in another thread?

You're definitely Zach. Or his agent. 

Hahahaha

I'm bored on this cold snowy Friday. I'm not saying he should supplant anyone here but moreso advocating for moving him for the betterment for him and the org if they have no plans to use him. Very Howden esque. Zac Jones guaranteed to have his name on the cup post trade.

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

Hahahaha

I'm bored on this cold snowy Friday. I'm not saying he should supplant anyone here but moreso advocating for moving him for the betterment for him and the org if they have no plans to use him. Very Howden esque. Zac Jones guaranteed to have his name on the cup post trade.

At this point I'll take Zac Wilson over Zac Jones