• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #39] Rangers vs Vancouver Canucks — Jack Adams Battle

6 hours ago, Phil said:

It's a classic trope in this league. "I can fix him."

You should never try to fix a Captain who was bought out.  If he could be fixed his old team would have done that.

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yes, actually, because PP TOI matters a lot for simple boxcar stats, and he wasn't going to get that here. On top of that, being another year older and playing with guys he hasn't played with before. 40 points would have been a good year for how he was going to be used. He's pacing for low 30s. It's not that far off. If anyone had him for 30 goals or 50 points, they were out to lunch. Plain and simple.

No, he was never going to get 30 goals. That was always a pipe dream. 50 points wasn't, because at the time they signed him there was no guaranteed Tro was going to be on PP1, because frankly he was not all that good there last season. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Not normally, no, but when a guy spends basically his whole career in one place and then goes to a new team this late in the game? Reminds me of Naslund a bit. His was like a ten-point drop though.

Yeah, I was expecting 45 to 50 points.

This, combined with MSL, combined with Kane, had me thinking the Rangers should never be somebody's first stop after leaving a team they've been on for a decade. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Yeah, I was expecting 45 to 50 points.

This, combined with MSL, combined with Kane, had me thinking the Rangers should never be somebody's first stop after leaving a team they've been on for a decade. 

Yeah, at least not this late in the game.

• Phil unpinned this topic