• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#38) Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens — Saturday Night at the Bell Centre ... What Could Go Wrong?

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Not to defend Miller but Panarin had a horrible give away that almost cost them the game that Quick had to make a good save on late in the 3rd.  Miller just makes bone headed plays sometimes.   Not sure that’ll ever change but lots of players make bad passes that lead to good scoring chances against.  

Yeah that was a bad one from Panarin.  Quick came up crazy big there or atleast made it look big.  This guy's kick saves are weird (to me) sometimes. His pad will be a foot off the ice as he's making the save. 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah that was a bad one from Panarin.  Quick came up crazy big there or atleast made it look big.  This guy's kick saves are weird (to me) sometimes. His pad will be a foot off the ice as he's making the save. 

Never watched Quick much in his hey day but he does make some awkward saves.  The second goal last night was weird but I couldn’t figure out what Quick was trying to do before it got deflected.  

Just another night in the "Den Of Horrors".  You guys are so right; we were just lucky to even get a point out of this one! 

It's just so frustrating with this team when they look like a tire fire in their own zone.  Just get the fucking thing out!!  Holy Jesus!!  How many gift giveaways tonight??  ...Really gotta fix that mess!

On top of that we get 5,002 shots on goal, and make yet another goalie look like Ken Dryden.  Ahhh fuck it...take the point and run!

...and here are the Top 12 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

15 hours ago, Dem said:

hopefully there is a french Canadian chick w hairy armpits and donuts right behind the Rangers bench tonight

15 hours ago, The Dude said:

I had Chicken for dinner. I'm gonna be letting it rip tonight too. 

15 hours ago, Pete said:

How is the shot Wheeler just took explainable. He's terrible. 

15 hours ago, siddious said:

I think you just explained it… he’s terrible 

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Team looks like they all had a pregame poutine. 

14 hours ago, Karan said:

Kakko appears to be the most effective Ranger tonight. 

13 hours ago, torontonyr said:

Wheeler is such a buzz kill. Not sure how Kreider and Zib do it. It's like they're driving a mustang and a Ferrari while their linemate drives a pt cruiser!

13 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Nice of Brod to draw a penalty on a play he definitely wasn’t gonna score on

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

Miller is in outer space tonight. 

Lafrenière almost got me blown tonight.   

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Trouba almost shot it through Mony blow (not a typo) 

12 hours ago, Phil said:

Rangers improve to like 5-897-1 at Montreal.

12 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

He went from donut hole to his real name and now is working on being should’ve would’ve could’ve.  

I really did like watching Laffy & Cuylle tonight!  They really looked like they were playing with their asses on fire!  Laff had so many chances and setups that went no place.  One day that shit's gonna click!

And the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @torontonyr!!  Hopefully there's a fix in the making, because with Wheeler it looks like the engine is running but the transmission is stuck in "PARK"!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LMFAO 1

57 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Just another night in the "Den Of Horrors".  You guys are so right; we were just lucky to even get a point out of this one! 

It's just so frustrating with this team when they look like a tire fire in their own zone.  Just get the fucking thing out!!  Holy Jesus!!  How many gift giveaways tonight??  ...Really gotta fix that mess!

On top of that we get 5,002 shots on goal, and make yet another goalie look like Ken Dryden.  Ahhh fuck it...take the point and run!

...and here are the Top 12 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

I really did like watching Laffy & Cuylle tonight!  They really looked like they were playing with their asses on fire!  Laff had so many chances and setups that went no place.  One day that shit's gonna click!

And the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @torontonyr!!  Hopefully there's a fix in the making, because with Wheeler it looks like the engine is running but the transmission is stuck in "PARK"!

Nothing for saying this game isn't over when down 3-0? THEN calling the game tying goal? Damn bro. 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

If they had a legitimate replacement for him, then yeah, maybe you do that.

But IDK who you slot in there. 

His defensive game has improved some, so I think faithless is a bit excessive. Still though, he does have some pretty big and noticeable lapses. 

Trading Miller would be an offseason move. They would need to fill the hole, but they can adjust. If the team is playing the right way, talent upfront is more valuable. I’ve maintained that position for a while.

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Trading Miller would be an offseason move. They would need to fill the hole, but they can adjust. If the team is playing the right way, talent upfront is more valuable. I’ve maintained that position for a while.

Oh yes!

Totally an offseason thing.

Goes without saying.

It would be among a significant roster shakeup. If you’re trading Miller, you’re making another trade too. 

And I’m sure then that you see that it creates a hole and then you’re going off your roster to acquire that other top-4 D to slot in for Miller, cause they don’t have one internally and Miller is 25 and his next 5 years are going to be better than his first 5 and IDK who the upgrade would be in a practical sense. 

Was there someone you had in mind?

22 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

If you’re proposing that… truth is they could actually get a great player for him.

And I have faith that if Drury made that trade, he’d get a great player back.

But could he swing the other side of that deal too?

Its an interesting point.

Miller is the only defenseman the Rangers have who can beat a speedy forward back up the ice and also use his reach to break up the breakaway.  He does this every 5 or 6 games and it is always a revelation when it happens.

Given the Rangers middling to poor team speed he is kind of an essential element at this point.  We'd have to figure out how to improve the overall skating on the roster by quite a bit before he becomes easily tradable.

5 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Not to defend Miller but Panarin had a horrible give away that almost cost them the game that Quick had to make a good save on late in the 3rd.  Miller just makes bone headed plays sometimes.   Not sure that’ll ever change but lots of players make bad passes that lead to good scoring chances against.  

Nailed it. 

I love the way people here want to trade anybody who makes a mistake during the game. If we traded every player who made a mistake that would be nobody on the team. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Br4d said:

Maybe next year Laviolette will have enough cred with Drury and Miller to suggest a switch to center?

If that worked out the Rangers would be set.

Well, except for RW of course.

He has the mitts for it and is obviously adept at defense; Id try him at Center in a heartbeat. See how it goes. (Will never happen though)

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Nailed it. 

I love the way people here want to trade anybody who makes a mistake during the game. If we traded every player who made a mistake that would be nobody on the team. 

Don't need to trade the guy, I guess you could after 4 years in the league just flip the the switch and make him a center going forward at the NHL level on a team who's competing for a cup. Then when he looks incompetent we'll obviously need to run him out of town.

How many instances of that kind of change ever been 1) attempted, 2) successfully done in the league with a guy who will be going into is 5th season and was a top 25 pick.

I agree the kid has flaws I also bet they pale in comparison to trying to convert him into whatever line C we are talking about here.

Who's taking his top 4 LD slot?

Nothing personal whatsoever, I'm genuinely curious because it just seems like something that I can't even imagine being considered by anybody within any org. However, I could be overlooking a number of examples of it happening in the past.

5 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Don't need to trade the guy, I guess you could after 4 years in the league just flip the the switch and make him a center going forward at the NHL level on a team who's competing for a cup. Then when he looks incompetent we'll obviously need to run him out of town.

How many instances of that kind of change ever been 1) attempted, 2) successfully done in the league with a guy who will be going into is 5th season and was a top 25 pick.

I agree the kid has flaws I also bet they pale in comparison to trying to convert him into whatever line C we are talking about here.

Who's taking his top 4 LD slot?

Nothing personal whatsoever, I'm genuinely curious because it just seems like something that I can't even imagine being considered by anybody within any org. However, I could be overlooking a number of examples of it happening in the past.

It's completely unrealistic and I don't understand why anyone would suggest it as a realistic option.

At least preface it by saying " in a dream world ".

Anybody saying that the Rangers would or should seriously consider doing this is living in a dream world anyway.