• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Where the Rangers' Search for a Reliable Right Wing for Chris Kreider and Mika Zibanejad Might Lead

Phil

I still want Tarasenko...I know I'm a nut...

Why not move Goodrow to 3rd line Center?  He's good on draws, and I bet he'd play well with Cuylle and Kakko.

Top 9 could be:

20-93-Tank

10-16-13

50-21-24

26-12-17

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The fact of the matter is, the bottom six can't continue to be a black hole. Do you think Brodz is the answer for third line center? Because I don't. 

I'd rather have Brodz run for President than be the 3rd line Center 

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

Why not move Goodrow to 3rd line Center?  He's good on draws, and I bet he'd play well with Cuylle and Kakko.

Top 9 could be:

20-93-Tank

10-16-13

50-21-24

26-12-17

Ozzy- Don't mess with a good thing.. Kakko has been on an goal per game pace since he returned from Injury. 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

14 minutes ago, Br4d said:

If you're going after Eriksson Ek then the Rangers primary piece in the deal might be K'Andre Miller.  Perreault and Miller for EK and one of the Wild LD's.

Not both for Ek. Miller for Ek is a fair 1 for 1 value wise in my mind. I think Miller for Ek is what an offseason deal might look like for sure. I also think Miller would be amenable to signing a long term deal back home in Minny, and that increases his value to Minny.

I was just trying to guess at the package it might take for an in-season move since the Rangers wouldn't move Miller in-season. I think Perreault/Schneider is about the equivalent valuewise to Miller, but you know, it's 2 half-dollars instead of a dollar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Not both for Ek. Miller for Ek is a fair 1 for 1 value wise in my mind. I think Miller for Ek is what an offseason deal might look like for sure. I also think Miller would be amenable to signing a long term deal back home in Minny, and that increases his value to Minny.

I was just trying to guess at the package it might take for an in-season move since the Rangers wouldn't move Miller in-season. I think Perreault/Schneider is about the equivalent valuewise to Miller, but you know, it's 2 half-dollars instead of a dollar.

0.7, 0.78, 0.64 P/GP the last three years + legitimate Selke conversation? It's probably Miller + Perreault for Ek + backfilling D.

And I'm not sure why Minnesota is interested in that. They have Middleton and Brodin on the left right now. I'm not seeing the hockey trade here as much as I am a Rangers' attempt to capitalize on the Wild's cap woes. My guess is they tell New York to kick rocks (on this deal) or counter by offering Hartman.

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

0.7, 0.78, 0.64 P/GP the last three years + legitimate Selke conversation? It's probably Miller + Perreault for Ek + backfilling D.

And I'm not sure why Minnesota is interested in that. They have Middleton and Brodin on the left right now. I'm not seeing the hockey trade here as much as I am a Rangers' attempt to capitalize on the Wild's cap woes. My guess is they tell New York to kick rocks (on this deal) or counter by offering Hartman.

They don't have an offensive dman similar to Miller. It adds something to their lineup. I'll leave the selling of Miller's value to @Pete. Everyone wants a premier player.

48 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

They don't have an offensive dman similar to Miller. It adds something to their lineup. I'll leave the selling of Miller's value to @Pete. Everyone wants a premier player.

I already said it's overpayment for Ek. 

If he were for sale, that is. Thankfully, Elliotte Friedman squashed these rumors on Monday's episode of his 32 Thoughts podcast. "Eriksson Ek -- I don't buy that one," Friedman said bluntly about him being a trade target. "I don't see any reason why Minnesota would do that. It would really surprise me."

https://hockeywilderness.com/news-rumors/minnesota-wild/its-safe-to-ignore-any-joel-eriksson-ek-trade-rumors-r29829/

39 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Miller for Ek or Miller for Zegras is the 2024 version of Larsson for Hall

A trade where nobody wins and it's still being debated years later who got the better end of it?

Or a trade where both teams could desperately use the player they traded away?

No thanks. 

Edited by Pete
  • LMFAO 1

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Top 9 could be:

20-93-Tank

10-16-13

50-21-24

26-12-17

Frank the Tank! I'm all in

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

A trade where nobody wins and it's still being debated years later who got the better end of it?

Or a trade where both teams could desperately use the player they traded away?

No thanks. 

What, the Devils clearly won that trade. They got a Hart season out of Hall and a playoff appearance because of him. The rest of the team just stunk and they tore it down, got a nice package for him when they rebuilt. Larsson was a meh player for the Oilers and walked via UFA. No comparison.

26 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

What, the Devils clearly won that trade. They got a Hart season out of Hall and a playoff appearance because of him. The rest of the team just stunk and they tore it down, got a nice package for him when they rebuilt. Larsson was a meh player for the Oilers and walked via UFA. No comparison.

That's certainly your opinion, and many others disagree.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Top 9 could be:

20-93-Tank

10-16-13

50-21-24

26-12-17

Goodrow has been such a black hole for points this year; I just can't imagine slotting him up and expecting much more. I'd rather have a 40 point 3rd line defensive minded center. Possibly a unicorn but I will say, I'm open to Tarasenko as well. Who does Ottawa have at C that we could swing in a two piece trade?