• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blackhawks Terminate Contract of Corey Perry After Off-Ice Misconduct Investigation

siddious

• Phil changed the title to Corey Perrry on Waivers for Purposes of Contract Termination After Leave of Absence from Team
1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m gonna go ahead and ask the question: does he make any type of sense for the Rangers? Obviously given whatever his situation is, the question is subject to change. But can be asked…for now.

Not in a million years. This squad is finally starting to build strong and stable leadership, likely the best since the mid 2010s when we had all the vets for the Cup runs. Can't see why one would want to fuck with that bringing in a guy like Perry. 

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m gonna go ahead and ask the question: does he make any type of sense for the Rangers? Obviously given whatever his situation is, the question is subject to change. But can be asked…for now.

Absolutely.  Especially with Kakko out. But he is old and not fast as lightning,  so some here will have issue with him. 

He's nasty and is a playoff performer.  I've wanted him here for the last 3 or so years. 

Edited by The Dude

48 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Call me skeptical, and I wouldn’t be shocked if I was wrong, but the more that’s coming out, the more I’m thinking that this rumor about him and Bedards mother may actually have legs.

I don't think it does it all. On what basis is that determinate a contract? Two willing adults?

I keep saying it, I feel really bad for the 17-year-old kid who has the whole internet talking about his mother. It's fucking atrocious. Lots of kids his age have committed suicide over much less. 

• TroCheckmark 1

Just now, Pete said:

I don't think it does it all. On what basis is that determinate a contract? Two willing adults?

I keep saying it, I feel really bad for the 17-year-old kid who has the whole internet talking about his mother. It's fucking atrocious. Lots of kids his age have committed suicide over much less. 

It's really bad. I think one or two hockey people (can't remember whom) have said that definitely was not the case in this situation.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's really bad. I think one or two hockey people (can't remember whom) have said that definitely was not the case in this situation.

You trade a guy for doing something like that. You don't put them on unconditional waivers and terminate their contract. That's not something that should get this much publicity. That's something you handle quietly. It's also not a violation of a SPC. 

Also, players sleeping around is something management knows how to deal with. This clearly was something they had never encountered before because they sent him home not knowing what to do with him before terminating his contract. 

Whatever this is, I don't think it's anything fans are going to guess or figure out. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

You trade a guy for doing something like that. You don't put them on unconditional waivers and terminate their contract. That's not something that should get this much publicity. That's something you handle quietly. It's also not a violation of a SPC. 

Also, players sleeping around is something management knows how to deal with. This clearly was something they had never encountered before because they sent him home not knowing what to do with him before terminating his contract. 

Whatever this is, I don't think it's anything fans are going to guess or figure out. 

Yeah this. They've already stated that what he did was in violation of his SPC. I doubt sleeping with a coworker's parent is prohibited by your SPC lol And so there's probably a gazillion different scenarios that fans can try and speculate about, but the more I hear about this, I tend to agree that I really don't think fans are going to be able to figure out what actually happened.