• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blackhawks Terminate Contract of Corey Perry After Off-Ice Misconduct Investigation

siddious

Just now, Phil said:

Drunk and mean or drunk and touchy, something like that. They said it involved another team employee. Maybe he got grab-assey.

You'd think there'd be more than just contract termination if this were the case, like criminal charges (if the harassed wanted to pursue). 

2 minutes ago, phillyb said:

You'd think there'd be more than just contract termination if this were the case, like criminal charges (if the harassed wanted to pursue). 

He probably got hammered and took a dump in the potted plants or something!  Hey, I've done it!  😉

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1

Given how loosely worded the SPCs are, gotta wonder if he violated something in the club-specific clauses. And if so, if the Hawks are choosing to make an example out of a guy on a meaningless 1-year contract in an effort to redeem themselves after all the bad press recently i.e. would they still do this if it was a franchise player on a big contract?

29 minutes ago, Karan said:

Given how loosely worded the SPCs are, gotta wonder if he violated something in the club-specific clauses. And if so, if the Hawks are choosing to make an example out of a guy on a meaningless 1-year contract in an effort to redeem themselves after all the bad press recently i.e. would they still do this if it was a franchise player on a big contract?

I don't see the sense in treating it like anything more than what it was. He crossed the line, he was shown the door. There's a general line about doing anything that would embarrass the league or the club in an SPC, I would say showing up shit-faced in front of sponsors embarrasses the league and club. Perry seems contrite, so he knows he messed up. 

32 minutes ago, Karan said:

I would be shocked if the NHLPA would be quiet if they were just making an example of him with no real leg to stand on. They may still come out swinging, and I would kinda be surprised if they don't but they're awful quiet as of right now.

2 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I would be shocked if the NHLPA would be quiet if they were just making an example of him with no real leg to stand on. They may still come out swinging, and I would kinda be surprised if they don't but they're awful quiet as of right now.

Not much they can say, Perry apologized which is pretty much an acknowledgment of wrongdoing. I'd be really shocked if he tried to fight it

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not much they can say, Perry apologized which is pretty much an acknowledgment of wrongdoing. I'd be really shocked if he tried to fight it

I agree,  my response really was in relation to Karan's  if the Hawks are trying to make an example of a meaningless one year contract etc..... my point was I don't think so and more importantly I don't believe the union would go quietly if that was the case. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...