• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blackhawks Terminate Contract of Corey Perry After Off-Ice Misconduct Investigation

siddious

Chicago Blackhawks GM Kyle Davidson held a media availability on Saturday morning to address Corey Perry's status as questions continue to swirl around his mysterious absence.

"There's no update on that end," Davidson said. "He's away from the team and will remain so for the foreseeable future. I'm unable to provide any further update on that front."

Davidson said he "understands" there's speculation out there as to what's going on, but respectfully didn't want to get into details. He did, however, provide some sort of clarity on one front.

"It's been a team decision so far to hold him out and that's all I'm able to provide," Davidson said. "It is coming from the organization's end, yes."

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nhl/chicago-blackhawks/blackhawks-gm-kyle-davidson-corey-perry-will-be-away-from-team-for-foreseeable-future/520917/

--

Where in the world is Corey Perry?

38 minutes ago, Karan said:

Being moth balled for a potential trade to Edmonton. 

Not so sure, Blackhawks just said they expect him to not be around the team for the foreseeable future. If they were holding him out for a trade, they'd probably just say so. I also think trading him this early defeats the purpose of signing him in the first place, especially with Taylor Hall out. 

• Phil changed the title to Corey Perry Will Be Away From Hawks for 'Forseeable Future' to Attend 'Personal Matters'
19 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

There was a rumor making its way around on Twitter that Perry may have banged Bedards mom on a recent moms trip with the Blackhawks. That would be something wild if true.

The memes are amazing. But I don't buy this for a second. This "rumor" resurrects itself all the time. Lindros/Brind'Amour, Patrick Sharp. Scott Hartnell/Jeff Carter, etc. etc. etc.

Probably like the telephone game where some random person goes "you think he banged someones mom?" and then by the time it gets through fifty people it's "Perry nailed Bedard's mom!"

• Bullseye 1

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

The memes are amazing. But I don't buy this for a second. This "rumor" resurrects itself all the time. Lindros/Brind'Amour, Patrick Sharp. Scott Hartnell/Jeff Carter, etc. etc. etc.

Probably like the telephone game where some random person goes "you think he banged someones mom?" and then by the time it gets through fifty people it's "Perry nailed Bedard's mom!"

I’ve heard he drinks…. A lot

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don’t believe this for a minute 

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

There was a rumor making its way around on Twitter that Perry may have banged Bedards mom on a recent moms trip with the Blackhawks. That would be something wild if true.

I hope it’s true but have you seen Perry? No ones having sex with that 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

But Lindros and Carter were true LOL. 

But honestly feel bad for Connor. Kids 17 and has to deal with this... But it's not a HS rumor it's the internet

Edited by Pete

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m gonna go ahead and ask the question: does he make any type of sense for the Rangers? Obviously given whatever his situation is, the question is subject to change. But can be asked…for now.

No. He checks no boxes for this team.