• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #15] Rangers at Devils — It's Been a Minute

High and Wide

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

If we want to frame by frame it to see if it's an elbow, or if there's principal head contact, OK. I don't think there was, but OK, I understand it. But to deem the player as an unsuspecting one is just not accurate. He'd have to be the dumbest person alive, and in that case Trouba would have been doing him a favor rattling that noggin a bit. Free head exam - need not apply.

Well, he'll definitely keep his head up around Trouba from now on.

You have to think the really smart HC's in the NHL are getting the team together before the first time they play the Rangers and showing them Trouba's Greatest Hits just as a warning about what happens when he's on the ice and you're not alert.

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Well, he'll definitely keep his head up around Trouba from now on.

You have to think the really smart HC's in the NHL are getting the team together before the first time they play the Rangers and showing them Trouba's Greatest Hits just as a warning about what happens when he's on the ice and you're not alert.

He lost the puck in his feet and looked for it, so no real way to "keep your head up" (outdated phrase anyway) or for him to see Trouba coming. Trouba took advantage of that, rather than easing up on a player in a prone position. It's uncalled for as the purpose of a hit is to separate player from puck, not separate head from player. 

Rangers really need to start worrying about other teams going after their guys. Just a matter of time. 

• Keeps it 100 1

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

When they hit the knee, yes. What's your point? 

Just trying to get a gauge on what you call predatory. I think you can call any hit on purpose and predatory. The NHL could just ban checking. There are plenty of armature hockey leagues where you are not allowed to check someone off the puck.

7 minutes ago, Duguay10 said:

Just trying to get a gauge on what you call predatory. I think you can call any hit on purpose and predatory. The NHL could just ban checking. There are plenty of armature hockey leagues where you are not allowed to check someone off the puck.

Well if you want to be reductive about it sure. But there's more nuance than that. I'm not interested in that conversation. 

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

If anybody hit Kreider, Zibanejad, Panarin or Lafreniere in that way and caused a likely concussion we'd all be outraged

Not all of us, personally I was ok with it borderline but ok. I also agree with Pete there have been some that have been over the line for me.

But to your comment in general, yes that's for sure, I was picturing it being Panarin. With no penalty called along with no  5-7 game suspension  people would be wanting to burn down the league office. Simultaneously that game would instantly become the worst officiated game ever taking over for each of the previous 10 games played. Further proving the league's conspiracy it has against the Rangers.

Edited by jsrangers

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

If anybody hit Kreider, Zibanejad, Panarin or Lafreniere in that way and caused a likely concussion we'd all be outraged

Speak for yourself. I have no problem with these hits. Had zero issue with the McLeod hit on Lindgren, too. Shit happens. It's a violent sport.

Now, if one of those guys got bodied and the team around him did nothing about it, that I'd be outraged by.

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 2