• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #10] Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes — Tropical Storm Tony

Drew a Penalty

58 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Intent to injure is not the major qualifier.

This was interference and kneeing at the same time.

Doesn't matter. You don't call cross-checking and boarding if someone cross-checks a guy too far from the boards.

58 minutes ago, Pete said:

Doesn't matter. You don't call cross-checking and boarding if someone cross-checks a guy too far from the boards.

Of course. It contributes to the perceived severity level when discussing increasing a penalty from a minor to a major though. It's a judgement call, so pretty subjective. Is what it is.

7 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

Tro and Panarin aren’t great together, but if it’s a short-term thing, with those 2 and Laf, it’s ok. 

Or maybe you put Panarin with Zib and CK with Trochek for a bit. 

I mean... Kakko played center for a bit before coming to NA. No?  Butttt then he would have to play with Panarin which is a no go. 

Did Wheeler ever play center? 

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I mean... Kakko played center for a bit before coming to NA. No?  Butttt then he would have to play with Panarin which is a no go. 

Did Wheeler ever play center? 

Put Laffy at center. Call up Othmann for a cup of coffee and stick him on the right.

EA Sports. It’s in the game.

• LMFAO 1

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

With the injury,  there should be some sort of fine or suspension.  No? 

Wasn't intentional,  but it caused an injury.  

I don't think this is how it works. If the league was already considering looking at the hit for supplemental discipline, then yeah, I think injury would be taken into consideration. The fact that Fox got injured on a play that was not going to get looked at by DoPS doesn't trigger any suspensions or fines, but I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

I don't think this is how it works. If the league was already considering looking at the hit for supplemental discipline, then yeah, I think injury would be taken into consideration. The fact that Fox got injured on a play that was not going to get looked at by DoPS doesn't trigger any suspensions or fines, but I could be wrong. 

DOPS is a joke.

The fact that Brendan Shannahan held the job tells you all you should know.

That guy is a total low-life scumbag.

If he wasn’t great at hockey, he’d be on the street.

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

I'm kinda saying that there probably should be a review. Other unintentional injuries and plays where no penalty was called at least get reviewed. Such things get recorded and players get a rap sheet for future similar plays. Knee on knee resulting in an injury should be reviewed. But DoPS is so inconsistent with just about everything. 

12 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

DOPS is a joke.

The fact that Brendan Shannahan held the job tells you all you should know.

That guy is a total low-life scumbag.

If he wasn’t great at hockey, he’d be on the street.

Huh? It was probably at its best when he was the guy. 

Why's he a low life scumbag?  Did I miss something? 

42 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

He fucked the wife of a teammate.

Hes a POS.

Bah. That doesn't make him any different than a lot of people. 

You really think these athletes are all good guys? The nightlife, the travel,  the money, the women...  the men...

That's a whole different world man. Janneys wife wound up finding someone she loved more AND MARRIED HIM.  She s a home wrecker too. This stuff happens. A lot.  That's the world we live in. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bah. That doesn't make him any different than a lot of people. 

You really think these athletes are all good guys? The nightlife, the travel,  the money, the women...  the men...

That's a whole different world man. Janneys wife wound up finding someone she loved more AND MARRIED HIM.  She s a home wrecker too. This stuff happens. A lot.  That's the world we live in. 

No

I don’t.

And the true love argument doesn’t lessen the offense.

It’s a teammate and co-worker.

Not ok.

It speaks to his low-character.

Low character people like that shouldn’t be in charge of a lemonade stand, let alone disciplining others, or running a franchise.

He’s a POS.

Edited by RangersIn7

10 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

No

I don’t.

And the true love argument doesn’t lessen the offense.

It’s a teammate and co-worker.

Not ok.

It speaks to his low-character.

It's not about true love. Its that People meet and this happens. Co workers, friends, family.  This happens a lot man. Its human nature. Sometimes thats just how it goes. Is it selfish and mean? Sure. Do I support it? No. Have I done that? Almost. Is it earth shattering or strange? No.

Jesus man, what's your opinion on people who get divorced and get into another relationship? It's not this huge  debilitating thing. These are/were adults. 

As a hockey player the guy was great and stood up for his teammates.  That should bode for his character. 

It Happens Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Edited by The Dude

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not about true love. Its that People meet and this happens. Co workers, friends, family.  This happens a lot man. Its human nature. Sometimes thats just how it goes. Is it selfish and mean? Sure. Do I support it? No. Have I done that? Almost. Is it earth shattering or strange? No.

Jesus man, what's your opinion on people who get divorced and get into another relationship? It's not this huge  debilitating thing. These are/were adults. 

As a hockey player the guy was great and stood up for his teammates.  That should bode for his character. 

I mean plus nobody knows what was going on in that Janney marriage. It could have been on the rocks bad. It doesn’t excuse it (just get a divorce first), but it does make it more understandable.

Shanahan has been married to her now for 25 years and has 3 kids with her. Whatever plagued her first marriage with Janney, doesn’t seem to have plagued the second.

As an outsider with no clue about the details, I wouldn’t use it to judge either of them.

• VINNY! 1

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I mean plus nobody knows what was going on in that Janney marriage. It could have been on the rocks bad. It doesn’t excuse it (just get a divorce first), but it does make it more understandable.

Shanahan has been married to her now for 25 years and has 3 kids with her. Whatever plagued her first marriage with Janney, doesn’t seem to have plagued the second.

As an outsider with no clue about the details, I wouldn’t use it to judge either of them.

Fair points.

Its grimy though.