• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #2] Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets — Actually, It's Indigenous Peoples' Blue Jackets

Morphinity 2.0

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

Waiting for the Clearsight data but Natural Stat trick has NYR at 65%xGF. We basically could have won 4-2.

Sometimes the pucks don't bounce your way. They played well enough to win, move on to the next one. 

Yeah

They were good last night.

Just didn’t go their way 

Just now, CCCP said:

No they weren’t. They played out of desperation in the third period after being down 4-1. But they sucked ass for a period and a half before that. 

So technically, they played well half the game and had double the amount of shots. That logic should technically win games.

2 minutes ago, CCCP said:

No they weren’t. They played out of desperation in the third period after being down 4-1. But they sucked ass for a period and a half before that. 

I don't know what games you were watching but that's absolutely not the case. They had two goals called back by inches.

Well, so much for the undefeated season, eh? 

What a wacky game!  3 called back goals, a sick goalie, weird fucking bounces, and hat trick from "Bruce" Jenner!!  I really didn't think we played all that badly.  Lindgren being out certainly didn't help, but Zac and Schneider had a rough game!

No worries, just a lesson learned and move on to our opener...Which I will be at!!  Wooo Hoooo!!

...and here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by

Wheaties...the official cereal of Bruce Jenner!

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Tv antenna? It's 2023 in the US. What decade is it there? 🙂

14 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Funny enough I have no issues on stream overseas.

Except that goal against, I take issue with that one.

14 hours ago, Bugg said:

Just have Toronto ref remotely. 

Tribute video was him getting off/on the plane

1695 fantasy hockey leagues just picked up Jenner just now (not Bruce) 

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

New gameplan.  Break out the cellphones to make the Columbus players uncomfortable. Extremely uncomfortable. 

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Sounds more like the crowd is chanting free BJs. Makes sense. Rangers have sucked all night. 

13 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'd rather pay for a BJ than watch this game. 

13 hours ago, Bugg said:

Elvis has...not left the bathroom stall!

Getting all that equipment off when your bowels are about to explode ought to be set to the "Mission Impossible" music. 

12 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I hear Caitlyn‘s got a good transition game!

Just one of THOSE games last night.  Yeah we should've won, but those called back goals were just deflating!

Oh and by the way, I don't wanna hear anything about how Lindgren is going anywhere.  Fucking guy was definitely missed last night!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @BrooksBurner (RMC)!  Nothing gets past you guys, does it?  I kinda knew you guys would be all over Sam for that one!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, CCCP said:

That’s not accurate.

Very good through 1st period

A bad stretch in second

They had the puck ALL NIGHT

Video tribute for Quick after he was with Columbus for one game is yet more evidence of a decadent society in decline...

Last night was probably just one of those weird games that happen from time to time, but I will keep an eye out to see if the propensity for turnovers when the opposition is putting pressure on the puck turns out to be more than a one game problem.

16 hours ago, Bugg said:

Missed Lindgren terribly.

Jones has shown nothing. This is less than Hajek. Isn't a defensive force i f o their own net,  isn't a puck mover so far,  doesn't do anything offensively. I guess they're seeing something in practice we aren't. 

Meh. He did fine offensively. Had some good opportunities.  But yeah a couple of D lapses on his and Schneiders part. I'm not liking what Schneider has been bringing defensively lately. He's slowly fading out of the "untouchable in trade conversation talks" conversation for me. He's starting to become better offensively than defensively and that's really not where he needs to go. 

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just throwing it out there,  but I like Gustafssons game more than Miller's.  Is that bad?

Miller had a rough game last night. He's trying to do too much offensively and it isn't helping his or Trouba's game. He needs to learn this system first and then learn when to jump up.

He's  just more well rounded offensively. Seems to have a better shot as well as a sense of when to shoot. Miller is the superior puck carrier as far as going to the net with the puck though. 

Must be an adjustment thing. Miller hasn't really had to adapt to any kind of role at the pro level. Kinda just been wining it. Hopefully he can get it. 

• Drew a Penalty changed the title to [RS #2] Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets — Actually, It's Indigenous Peoples' Blue Jackets
  • Phil unpinned this topic