• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 Reports From the Rink

siddious

I dont think thats new Ozzy they were doing that to start the season when they had those few great games then they sort of forgot to keep doing it.

I remember even posting on here that it finally looks like they have figured out how to forecheck correctly after years of dumping and coasting.

Its a great system when done right.

• Keeps it 100 1

58 minutes ago, siddious said:

I dont think thats new Ozzy they were doing that to start the season when they had those few great games then they sort of forgot to keep doing it.

I remember even posting on here that it finally looks like they have figured out how to forecheck correctly after years of dumping and coasting.

Its a great system when done right.

I was kinda catching on to what they were trying to do a few games back against Toronto.  It looked like they were trying something a little different than that left wing lock earlier in the season.  I gotta see it a few more times, Pete.  It looks like it something different with the F3 taking up the midde instead of flushing everything to the boards.

I'm probably wrong, but something was definitely different last night.  It seemed like the 4th line was constantly sending in 2 deep.  Then they went 1-3-1 with the 3rd line for a shift.  It was weird...no wonder why the Caps were all fucked up. 

One thing I did notice is the Laviolette is a fucking MASTER of getting matchups!!  Pitlick and Vesey were all over Ovie like spots on a Dalmation last night.  ....guy had ZIP out there!  I think he had one chance off that faceoff.

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Trouba appears to be fine.

We need a Trouba is OK emoji.

Or a Lindgren stopped bleeding emoji.

Or a Wheeler is working just fine on line 1,  like the dude said emoji.

Or a Pitlick missed another open net emoji. 

Or a luck emoji 

Or a pacing a player emoji 

Or a guy who loves Gauthier and wishes he got an opportunity with this coach and is ridiculous with constantly bringing up said player emoji.   

Or a Shesterkin is back mother fucker emoji..

Or a Fox hasn't scored a goal in 1,000 years emoji 

Or a stop asking for emoji emoji 

Definitely a shit up emoji. 

I'll shut up. 

Gauthier.. (runs away)

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I was kinda catching on to what they were trying to do a few games back against Toronto.  It looked like they were trying something a little different than that left wing lock earlier in the season.  I gotta see it a few more times, Pete.  It looks like it something different with the F3 taking up the midde instead of flushing everything to the boards.

I'm probably wrong, but something was definitely different last night.  It seemed like the 4th line was constantly sending in 2 deep.  Then they went 1-3-1 with the 3rd line for a shift.  It was weird...no wonder why the Caps were all fucked up. 

One thing I did notice is the Laviolette is a fucking MASTER of getting matchups!!  Pitlick and Vesey were all over Ovie like spots on a Dalmation last night.  ....guy had ZIP out there!  I think he had one chance off that faceoff.

I think they played a more or less complete game which you’re not used to 🤣

• LMFAO 1

Edstrom just recalled again apparently just in case they need an extra forward for the Florida trip. I don't quite understand that one but also can't hurt I guess. Personally, I'd rather see him in the lineup than any of our bonino line because he was awesome in his debut but whatever

7 hours ago, Br4d said:

Concussion symptoms often don't show for 24 hours.  Trouba needs to keep an eye on this and somebody else needs to also just in case.

I don't think "often" is the right word. At times that's possible, but I wouldn't say it's often the case. There's a reason they put concussion spotters at games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I don't think "often" is the right word. At times that's possible, but I wouldn't say it's often the case. There's a reason they put concussion spotters at games.

Just saying he skated right off the ice after the hit.  That's not a no worries Jacob Trouba reaction.   Then he he feels just fine the next morning and that feels like an I just wanna get back on the ice reaction.

Somebody should be watching to be sure.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Just saying he skated right off the ice after the hit.  That's not a no worries Jacob Trouba reaction.   Then he he feels just fine the next morning and that feels like an I just wanna get back on the ice reaction.

I'm confident they have a medical team taking care of it. Hence why Fil the thrill is doing puzzles instead of hockey practice.

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

I'm confident they have a medical team taking care of it. Hence why Fil the thrill is doing puzzles instead of hockey practice.

⬆️ It's this. This coaching staff seems much more cautious than previous regimes. I think that's a big reason why Jim Ramsay was showing the door. You see some of those hits and then games where Lindgren played, he never should have been. 

4 hours ago, Br4d said:

Good thing he's married to a doctor that majored in neuroscience at Michigan. 

• Applause 1

11 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

113 points - 53 wins.......

Can they beat it?

Pacing 58 wins; 2024 is gunna be fun to watch as this becomes more of a possibility.

We started with a somewhat unbalanced schedule.  More than our share non-division games (25 out of 32).  At the Christmas break that meant that 19 of our remaining 50 games were going to be Metropolitan divisional games (38%).  It is going to be tough to keep up the current points percentage once we get stuck into that quagmire of desperate teams.  Hope I am wrong.

Edited by Kick save and a beauty

One game at a time.  No need to set a record.  If they do, great...if they don't I would just hope to get everyone back, healthy and just keep learning the system, their defensive coverage and developing the kids for the playoff run.

14 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

We started with a somewhat unbalanced schedule.  More than our share non-division games (25 out of 32).  At the Christmas break that meant that 19 of our remaining 50 games were going to be Metropolitan divisional games (38%).  It is going to be tough to keep up the current points percentage once we get stuck into that quagmire of desperate teams.  Hope I am wrong.

Have they played the Flyers or the Isles at all? From what I've seen of the Flyers, Hart has played very well in Torts' defense-above all approach. 

Edited by Bugg

19 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Have they played the Flyers or the Isles at all? From what I've seen of the Flyers, Hart has played very well in Torts' defense-above all approach. 

Flyers yes.

Isles no. 

Flyers are no real threat.

Good goaltending. Good team defense. And Torts is per usual getting high effort from his players.

But they don’t have much talent.

Isles could be dangerous. But right now, they are technically a sub-.500 team. 

51 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Dont play the isles till the bootleg outdoor game Feb 18th. Then we play them once in march and twice in April. Schedule continues to be strange this year. All games in april besides like 1 are eastern conference semi-local games too so at least that helps with end of season fatigue.

12 minutes ago, siddious said:

Dont play the isles till the bootleg outdoor game Feb 18th. Then we play them once in march and twice in April. Schedule continues to be strange this year. All games in april besides like 1 are eastern conference semi-local games too so at least that helps with end of season fatigue.

Know the teams have some input on scheduling based on availability of their arenas. But does it go beyond that? Do they get to submit preferences for when road trips happen and other requests? This season has been a bit of a hot soup sandwich schedule wise.

Rangers always seem to get a Florida trip in late December and go to Calif., AZ and Vegas when it's winter here. 

Edited by Bugg

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Know the teams have some input on scheduling based on availability of their arenas. But does it go beyond that? Do they get to submit preferences for when road trips happen and other requests? This season has been a bit of a hot soup sandwich schedule wise. 

im sure it plays a part. i dont usually "complain" (i use that term loosely, at the end of the day i dont really give a crap) but this year its just been odd from a number of angles.

it cant be easy scheduling 82x32 games a year so I will concede that & it seems like theyre trying some new stuff too