• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vladimir Tarasenko Fires Agent, Hires Pat Brisson

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

And they signed Orlov. They’ve got him, Slavin, Burns, and Skjei in the top-4

I know. Still hurts their depth though. 

Plus he’s a lefty, older, smaller, and not as good as Pesce, IMO. 

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

Yep. Carolina has had issues with scoring. He fits very well there and solves an issue for them. I do not like this at all.

Rangers have handled them and they have some other questions too. 

But yes. He potentially fills their scoring need well.

Never expected Tarasenko to stay, there just wasn’t any room. I still think a door remains open for a potential return by Kane later on in the summer if he’s willing to take basically a sweetheart 1-year prove it deal until next summer. And if he’s healthy. Depending, too, on what Lafreniere and Miller get and if any contracts move out. He had his eyes here for a bit and knew the cap crunch coming here, I’m sure. And I’m sure he knew if he wanted to stay beyond the deadline he may need to take a bath for a year. He isn’t exactly dying financially coming off his last contract. I wouldn’t rule out him taking a major dip for a year if this is where he wants to be and if the fits there. But, we shall see. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Last place I’d want to see him, more or less.

Dont be so doom and gloom. 

If you need rose colored glasses content rather than real talk, Facebook might be more your speed.

Tell Vince, the Rangers beat writer basically on their payroll to be optimistic, to lighten up too

26 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Never expected Tarasenko to stay, there just wasn’t any room. I still think a door remains open for a potential return by Kane later on in the summer if he’s willing to take basically a sweetheart 1-year prove it deal until next summer. And if he’s healthy. Depending, too, on what Lafreniere and Miller get and if any contracts move out. He had his eyes here for a bit and knew the cap crunch coming here, I’m sure. And I’m sure he knew if he wanted to stay beyond the deadline he may need to take a bath for a year. He isn’t exactly dying financially coming off his last contract. I wouldn’t rule out him taking a major dip for a year if this is where he wants to be and if the fits there. But, we shall see. 

Always thought of Tank as a pure rental. 
Im optimistic on a Kane return though. 

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Maybe still working on DeAngelo coming back with retention. 

That deal is dead, I believe. The deal only works with retention, but retention violates some clause in the CBA. 

12 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Always thought of Tank as a pure rental. 
Im optimistic on a Kane return though. 

For sure. 

I still think Kane makes sense. And I still would like to see him have a go of it on a 2nd line with Panarin for more than 16 seconds in 1 game like he had here. Kane, healthy, will still produce. With him having the surgery and RW still being a position of need, I’d be all over him coming back if he’s willing to take a drastic cut for the year with the cap and his surgery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Rangers could never afford to keep him, but the way the East is loading up this year, I'm really not confident at all that this team is a playoffs lock.

While I think we’re a lock for the playoffs, we may need help getting to the top of the mountain.

Carolina and NJ lead the pack in the division. The Flyers suck, the Capitals aren’t a threat, the Islanders still can’t score, CBJ stinks and I really am not sold on Pittsburgh. The Metro is top heavy. It’s Carolina and Jersey, then we’re a step below them, and then the rest are below us. And I think we are closer to the top of the class than the middle of the pack.

I’m down, but I do see upside with us. We have depth, we have defense, we have elite goaltending and in Laviolette, we’ll have strategy. I do think we can rebound from last years dumpster fire.

I still think we can use help when it comes to scoring, hence my insistence on buying low on Kane. Igor, provided he’s healthy, keeps us afloat. Once we’re in, we see how the chips fall. But I do think we’re ahead of the rest of the pack in the Metro, while needing help to get by either Carolina or NJ. Tarasenko was a very smart buy for the Hurricanes. That is not a spot I wanted to see him end up. He can be a thorn in our side.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 1