• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vladimir Tarasenko Fires Agent, Hires Pat Brisson

One option is to give him the Pierre Engvall contract. 7 years x $3M. I was playing around on CapFriendly and the Islanders can buy that contract out and only be on the hook for $1M dead cap for the typical twice the remaining years at time of buyout. If they buy out after 4 years, they'll have that $1M dead cap hit for 6 years after that. The cap will be 100 mill during that span. It's negligible.

A similar kind of exit from a contract that is obviously way too long for Tarasenko's age is chump change if Drury truly believes there's a 2-3 year window here. Just structure it a little more friendly for Tarasenko to give him as much money as allowed by the cap in the first 3-4 years, while keeping the back half an easy buy out, maybe easier. Get creative.

2 hours ago, BreakawayMachine said:

He will be here soon.

Welcome to the site my man. Stick around all season. This is a great place to talk Rangers hockey. On game days we have a watch along thread, a lot of great knowledgeable posters here, and are usually up on news as soon as it happens. Welcome again. LGR!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

One option is to give him the Pierre Engvall contract. 7 years x $3M. I was playing around on CapFriendly and the Islanders can buy that contract out and only be on the hook for $1M dead cap for the typical twice the remaining years at time of buyout. If they buy out after 4 years, they'll have that $1M dead cap hit for 6 years after that. The cap will be 100 mill during that span. It's negligible.

A similar kind of exit from a contract that is obviously way too long for Tarasenko's age is chump change if Drury truly believes there's a 2-3 year window here. Just structure it a little more friendly for Tarasenko to give him as much money as allowed by the cap in the first 3-4 years, while keeping the back half an easy buy out, maybe easier. Get creative.

I’d definitely pull the trigger on Tank but my only worry is that our top 6 isn’t young at all. I’d prefer a one year contract where he takes less money knowing a longer deal is out there next year with a cap that went up a decent amount. 

Then again, a Patrick Kane mid season 1 year contract prorated might fit better without having to dump anyone as well if Kane is willing to go that route. Or a one year contract and he’s on LTIR anyway til January……you get the picture. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

Welcome to the site my man. Stick around all season. This is a great place to talk Rangers hockey. On game days we have a watch along thread, a lot of great knowledgeable posters here, and are usually up on news as soon as it happens. Welcome again. LGR!

Thanks! This place is great. I used to jump around from hfboards, Reddit and Facebook. Way too toxic these days. It was an emotional chore just trying to have convos lol

• Cheers 3
  • Applause 1

30 minutes ago, BreakawayMachine said:

Thanks! This place is great. I used to jump around from hfboards, Reddit and Facebook. Way too toxic these days. It was an emotional chore just trying to have convos lol

Never go to those places ever again, although Reddit isn't too bad at least compared to the others. Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

Game Show Thank You GIF by Kinda Funny

• LMFAO 1

• Phil changed the title to Vladimir Tarasenko Fires Agent, Hires Pat Brisson
8 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Can the Rangers sign Tarasenko to a 3 year 15.5M contract and divide the pay up to be 3.5M + bonus first year and then 6M a year for the next 2 years or is that circumventing the cap?

No.  The cap is on an average basis.  The cap charge for a 3 year 15M contract is 5M per year, no matter when the money is actually paid.