• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vladimir Tarasenko Fires Agent, Hires Pat Brisson

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

Scary but there are plenty of playoff spots and this guy didn’t do it for us last year, not sure he’s gonna do it for Carolina 

With a full off-season getting embedded with the organization, coaches/system and players, he very well might get the job done there. Very different scenario than parachuting into a new team after the trade deadline.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Karan said:

With a full off-season getting embedded with the organization, coaches/system and players, he very well might get the job done there. Very different scenario than parachuting into a new team after the trade deadline.

Agreed.

Im not sure he is a 40 goal guy anymore. But he can be a reliable high-20s/low-30s guy and be reliable all over the ice. His play away from the puck impressed me almost as much as his shot did. I really liked having him around. In an ideal world, I’d love to keep him but we knew he, more so than even Kane, was a rental.

Edited by RichieNextel305

14 hours ago, Pete said:

That deal is dead, I believe. The deal only works with retention, but retention violates some clause in the CBA. 

Thought I saw they were just waiting till the 7th or 8th, to make it a year since Philly acquired him. So to appease the league. 

Carolina is sure making a lot of moves. So maybe it is off the table now. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Thought I saw they were just waiting till the 7th or 8th, to make it a year since Philly acquired him. So to appease the league. 

Maybe, I've been out of town so haven't really been paying much attention to the news, just reading whatever is on here. 

8 hours ago, Karan said:

Not just after the trade deadline — after spending his entire NHL career in one place.

He'll probably crush it in Carolina given their structure and the way they are able to attack in waves with zero fear of "overshooting."

I'll take a larger role for Kakko + Wheeler for nothing over what it would have taken us to pay Tarasenko for the downward trend of his career + the assets they'd have to have moved out to afford him (Miller).

• Keeps it 100 1

Just wanna see him land a good deal with a decent team.  I always liked Tank, and I really wish we didn't fuck up that whole draft by taking McIlrath.  Fucking guy should've been ours for the duration of his entire career, but we HAD to reach for stupidity.

I kinda knew we had zero chance of keeping him, even though I would've loved to!

Too much rearrangement needed to do so, so I just wish the guy the best and hope he doesn't score too many against us!

• Bullseye 1

40 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Just wanna see him land a good deal with a decent team.  I always liked Tank, and I really wish we didn't fuck up that whole draft by taking McIlrath.  Fucking guy should've been ours for the duration of his entire career, but we HAD to reach for stupidity.

I kinda knew we had zero chance of keeping him, even though I would've loved to!

Too much rearrangement needed to do so, so I just wish the guy the best and hope he doesn't score too many against us!

It’s risky for him to take a 1 year deal, but it’s also a good idea.

Consider.

He takes a 1 year, low money deal with a very good team this year. Gets big minutes with good players and puts up good numbers, then signs for a big bag and longer-term next summer.

But he could get hurt. With his age and the shoulder, it’s a chance.

Kind of a tough spot for him.

If the Rangers are in win now mode, just trade Goodrow and float Tarasenko a 1 yr $3M deal. If he really wants to be here, he can take a small cut, pile up some points, and get paid next summer. He's clearly not getting any mind-blowing offers this summer.

After the decent bottom 6 grunts they've signed, the Rangers don't really need Goodrow.

• Like 1
  • JIMMY! 1

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

If the Rangers are in win now mode, just trade Goodrow and float Tarasenko a 1 yr $3M deal. If he really wants to be here, he can take a small cut, pile up some points, and get paid next summer. He's clearly not getting any mind-blowing offers this summer.

After the decent bottom 6 grunts they've signed, the Rangers don't really need Goodrow.

1 year, $3M base, $3M in bonuses that roll into next season.

• Like 1
  • JIMMY! 1

Just now, Phil said:

1 year, $3M base, $3M in bonuses that roll into next season.

I was initially thinking the same thing, except more like $1M base and $4M in bonuses. I felt like there must be rules that prohibit that in most cases or we'd see it all the time. Turns out performance bonuses are, in fact, limited to certain criteria: https://www.capfriendly.com/faq#performance_bonus

Tarasenko doesn't qualify.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I was initially thinking the same thing, except more like $1M base and $4M in bonuses. I felt like there must be rules that prohibit that in most cases or we'd see it all the time. Turns out performance bonuses are, in fact, limited to certain criteria: https://www.capfriendly.com/faq#performance_bonus

Tarasenko doesn't qualify.

Fuck.