• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECF: Hurricanes vs. Panthers

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Stayed with it until the end of the 2nd OT. What time did this end? 

Close to 2 AM Eastern, 1 AM for me in Central.  Surprisingly high quality hockey until the end.  From Florida not the usual dump/chase/wait for a mistake that these marathons can degenerate to.  Canes kept making solid hockey plays (as they always do), the goalies were sharp, and the number of odd man rushes and other defensive breakdowns were limited.

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Stayed with it until the end of the 2nd OT. What time did this end? 

Me too, Bugg!  I fell asleep after the 2nd OT!!  Great game!! 

Not too sure about the disallowed goal though; I kinda thought Drury pushed him into the goalie a bit.  It could've gone either way fairly easily though.

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I could be wrong. But I don’t remember ever seeing Maurice as animated as he has been these playoffs. He’s always come off as a laid back guy.

But hey, this kind of playoff run could do that to a guy.

Good for Florida. Both teams were tremendous but Florida seemed to have a bit more jump as the game went on.

I wonder if it's carry over from fighting to make the playoffs and the Boston series.  Maurice did a good job convincing the Panthers that they could win the series against the Bruins and providing the framework. Sometimes wild card teams don't play their best when facing a huge favorite who is expected to dispatch them in a short series.

Fucking Florida, man!!!

Never saw so many North/South plays.  That puck gets deep into Carolina's zone EVERY chance they get.  Rangers ought to watch how this shit is done!!

I didn't see not even ONE pass backwards....everything goes forward!

• VINNY! 1

51 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

First OT goal should've counted imo. Glad to see the call didn't impact the game. What a game though. Carolina played a great third. This is going to be worth watching each game.

I’d say no. The defender wasn’t even facing the forward so the argument that he was pushed in is sketchy at best.

I thought it was the right call. With that said I’m glad Florida still won. Forever fuck Carolina. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Fucking Florida, man!!!

Never saw so many North/South plays.  That puck gets deep into Carolina's zone EVERY chance they get.  Rangers ought to watch how this shit is done!!

I didn't see not even ONE pass backwards....everything goes forward!

Seriously man, they move the puck so well up the ice and around the offensive zone. Almost every rush seemed like it resulted in a scoring threat, rather than a turnover or a passing play like with the Rangers lol 

• VINNY! 1

18 minutes ago, Karan said:

Seriously man, they move the puck so well up the ice and around the offensive zone. Almost every rush seemed like it resulted in a scoring threat, rather than a turnover or a passing play like with the Rangers lol 

@Karan...

Crazy right???  it's like they have some kind of game plan, and know exactly what to do when they get the puck!  No 2nd guessing, just FORWARD ...and GO!!!

54 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I don't see the problem with this call tbh. Yeah White is trying to avoid contact and is (lightly) pushed towards the goalie by Drury, but he's still in the middle of the goalie crease touching the goalie so much that he lost his balance and couldn't make the save.

If that contact was at the top of the crease it's a good goal, but so far into the crease it doesn't really matter how "deliberate" or not the contact was or if he was trying to avoid contact. He should've done that before he was so close to the goalie.

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I don't see the problem with this call tbh. Yeah White is trying to avoid contact and is (lightly) pushed towards the goalie by Drury, but he's still in the middle of the goalie crease touching the goalie so much that he lost his balance and couldn't make the save.

If that contact was at the top of the crease it's a good goal, but so far into the crease it doesn't really matter how "deliberate" or not the contact was or if he was trying to avoid contact. He should've done that before he was so close to the goalie.

Hey Zuuuuc man, was this on as the "Morning Show" by you??  I figured you'd be watching this one right before luchtime!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Hey Zuuuuc man, was this on as the "Morning Show" by you??  I figured you'd be watching this one right before luchtime!

LOL, almost. I woke up and was confused since I had no notification on my phone about the result. Went to NHL.com and saw it was the beginning of 4OT. Turned on the TV and caught the last period and the goal while I was eating breakfast before work.

I'm just glad it wasn't a Rangers game, then I would've watched the entire game, slept nothing and fallen asleep at work during lunch lol.

• LMFAO 1