• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Off-season Thread: Endless Pain, Hatred, and Rage ... Also Boredom

Phil

15 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

They're still paying the buyout money for three more years.

Hey G...Richards is showing under the "Buyouts" in CapFriendly, but it's listed as $0...what's that all about?

Is he already bought out?  or is that just not accurate?

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Ahh Ok...that makes sense.  I just kept seeing zero down there, so I figured something freaky happened somewhere along the line....never knew what or why.

Thanks duder!!!  😃

Yeah.

Thank goodness it was though.

They bought out the last 6 years of his 9 year contract. Total cost was roughly $20.6 million that they had to pay him.

But spread out over 12 years.

They’ve been paying him for 9 years and, as said, still have 3 years and $3 million and change left to pay him.

And all that was after they’d already paid him $33 million through his first 3 years on that deal.

I loved that they got him. And they really did need a top-6 C. But I couldn’t believe they gave him 9 years and $60 million at age 31. Cap hit was within reason. But OMG! How they thought with 9 years at age 31 at the start that that wouldn’t end up in a buyout.

Labor dispute and work stoppage that allowed for the buyout saved their ass!

Thank goodness for amnesty/compliance buyouts!

Edited by RangersIn7
  • Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

Bought a tix for Rangers/Coyotes at Mullet Arena....Looking forward to experience an NHL game in a college barn.  

Now waiting for Blackhawks tixs to go onsale, my kid picked Rangers/Blackhawks as our road game which falls on Super Bowl weekend...ugh, gotta make sure i'm on that first flight out of Chicago on Super Bowl Sunday.  Tried to get her to pick Rangers/Wild in early November but would rather go to Chicago in February.  🥶

3 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

Bought a tix for Rangers/Coyotes at Mullet Arena....Looking forward to experience an NHL game in a college barn.  

Now waiting for Blackhawks tixs to go onsale, my kid picked Rangers/Blackhawks as our road game which falls on Super Bowl weekend...ugh, gotta make sure i'm on that first flight out of Chicago on Super Bowl Sunday.  Tried to get her to pick Rangers/Wild in early November but would rather go to Chicago in February.  🥶

I've been to Chicago in February, I'm sorry that happened to you. 

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

I've been to Chicago in February, I'm sorry that happened to you. 

At least they'll get into one of the better steakhouses.  Nobody travels to Chicago for business in February unless it is a flaming emergency.

• Believe 1