• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECQF #5: Rangers @ New Jersey Devils — Bring Out Your Weird

I think having an actual plan and strategy would help, even if you want to say it's more of a problem with the players. You can be a player's coach to a degree. Even with veterans, if they see there's no system or real game plan, it's hard to know where to be and get invested.

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This would be 2 coaches in a row that cannot get thru  to this group. Make of that what you will. No great secret, AGAIN When this team sucks, they  overpass and don't shoot, nor go to the net, nor play physical. At what point do you ask if it's the players rather than the coach. REally what magic words is any coach gonna say to a team that puts 2 shots on goal in the 3rd? 

And both coaches preached the same thing: relentless on the puck.

Both teams responded the same way: soft on it.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 2

2 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Rangers need #16 Sean Avery to come out and play Game 6

Without the assholeness. Seriously, we don’t have that kind of lunch pail guy. Goodrow is trying to be that guy but falls short. Avery brought it every game. He loved being ‘that guy’ who was hated by the opposition and could spark a turn of momentum with one shift. Maybe hate the player but we loved his effort. 

3 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

2 SOGs is absolutely unacceptable. 

I thought this game might have shown us who the real Rangers are. And maybe it did. Saturday night is “Showtime!” Show us you have heart and soul. Show us you deserve to wear the sweater.  

Fuck that, disassemble starting from the owner.

4 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Nope disagree, they can't and even if they did hit him he's not changing his game. Because he's not scared, he's a legit stud, top player, the real deal. He'll continue to take the puck to the net. Our clams should take plenty of notes. It's fascinating to watch how relentless the kid is on his skates with the puck. 

He plays in the NHL, I know he's not scared. However, If the Rangers went out and consistently hit him, as well as a few others, there's a good chance they would take them off their game. Are there any other choices, they're running out of time. If they're going to win in 7, they need to start putting a body on someone, attempting to slow them down.

3 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Without the assholeness. Seriously, we don’t have that kind of lunch pail guy. Goodrow is trying to be that guy but falls short. Avery brought it every game. He loved being ‘that guy’ who was hated by the opposition and could spark a turn of momentum with one shift. Maybe hate the player but we loved his effort. 

To much finesse, not enough anger.

i think it's a combination of all-star type babyshit soft misfits most of them extremely difficult to move in a flat cap environment, busts, overrated guys, bad coaching along with a some good pieces.  An org with marching orders to win now. They will pay dearly for the 4 deadweight first round pics over the last few years which will also limit their compicate their cap going forward (they should of been able to bank on solid production at EL level cap hits). Meh whatever, I'm old enough to remember 1994 clearly for that I am thankful.

7 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

He plays in the NHL, I know he's not scared. However, If the Rangers went out and consistently hit him, as well as a few others, there's a good chance they would take them off their game. Are there any other choices, they're running out of time. If they're going to win in 7, they need to start putting a body on someone, attempting to slow them down.

Yes of course they should put a body on anybody and everybody.  The thought or insinuation that hitting Hughes is going to intimidate him and as a result he will back off is what I don't buy into. I think there's also a better chance of hitting him with thrown helmets. He skates around us with ease. 

Had to watch the ESPN feed tonight, what did Hank say after the game? TIA

• Believe 1

17 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

I hope they're very proud of those two pucks they filled in on their little Stanley Cup wall puzzle. Who's taking that lovely souvenir home?

I was just thinking new coach needs to take away all the noise like that, even the broadway hat.  No trophies till you win. 

• VINNY! 1

17 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Well at least a lot of you will be thrilled that tonight was probably the last time you listened to Sam Rosen call the Rangers this season.  

Was something said?  He needs to retire but would be welcomed by me to come on from time to time. 

The way this series has gone has been altogether unbelievable. This team was primed for a deep run, they looked absolutely dominant not just because they got lucky, but because they played fantastic hockey, through the first three games, and now they just look completely uninterested. Just incredible. As good as they looked to start they look that bad at the end.

I have literally no idea which team will show up Saturday. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Holy Jesus!  What can I possibly say that hasn't been touched on in this GDT?  When your fucking goaltender has the best shot on goal for your team in a game, what are we really doing??

We're on the brink, kids and it's not looking very promising!  This fucking team absolutely REFUSES to get pucks and bodies to the net.  We've got our backs to the wall now, and we're gonna need a miracle it seems to get a win against these pukes!

...and here are the Top 19 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

3 hours ago, mbob said:

nothing but boxers here, if the Devils score first they come off!

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I see Kakko on the Stepan Scalp Program.

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Sucking so hard takes a physical toll on you I guess

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

What a gutless bunch of pukes.

2 hours ago, siddious said:

Slow poke. I already got naked and am

now putting on the wife’s clothes 

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Put on that Bra-Clay Goodrow and those Panaranties.

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

They're frilly and they don't cover the slot.

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

This team doesn't have half the cajones that team did.

2 hours ago, Winter said:

put out the rebuild letter 

2 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Shesterkin with our best shot on net this period. 

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Bahl wrecking guys.

Miller booking an eyebrow waxing.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Rangers should just fire Gallant before the end of this game. It'd probably give them a chance in the series.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Don't be surprised when the Rangers ask the league permission to talk to Queneville.

I'd pee my pants!!!

2 hours ago, Phil said:
Not sure what's worse — the product on the ice, or the PTSD Lundqvist is probably going through working this game tonight.

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

This whole time my kid was crying I thought she was hungry. Turns out she was just looking at the Rangers game. 

1 hour ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Next TV timeout, the entire Rangers bench should head to the blue line, drop their shorts and spread their cheeks. It’s that bad. 

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is not a team loss. This is an organizational embarrassment.

1 hour ago, VegasRanger said:

Can we pull the coach?

53 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

ha, you wanna see 2 real busts and I'm not talking about a set of titties.

So in a desperation period where we have to come out and make a statement, we get outshot 18-2!  Nice!!

Well, we're now at DEFCON 1, gang!  Shit's about to hit the fan if we can't muster a fucking effort out of these wet bags of shit!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Big Daddy @Keirik, who's newborn has inherited the legacy of this joyous franchise.  I'm just surprised she didn't toss her cookies!!

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1

We saw a team that blinked at playoff hockey, particularly their goalie.  Now they are playing defense and getting physical.  We're seeing the skill and speed that resulted in them finishing ahead of us and beating us all year.  That and their goalie is absolutely on fire. Game 3 was an opportunity lost.  I would have like to see them do this through the lense of being down 0-3.

I don't see a ton of adjustments. Maybe something on the PP.  We can't decide to be faster.  I'm not blaming Gallant but the 100 plus points weren't because of him.  I wouldn't cry if he were gone.

Can they come back and win? Sure. Hold serve at home and anything can happen in game 7.

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

7 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Yes of course they should put a body on anybody and everybody.  The thought or insinuation that hitting Hughes is going to intimidate him and as a result he will back off is what I don't buy into. I think there's also a better chance of hitting him with thrown helmets. He skates around us with ease. 

Had to watch the ESPN feed tonight, what did Hank say after the game? TIA

I didn't stick around to hear what anybody had to say, we witnessed the train wreck. I'd like to hear what Dave (Maloney) had to say, as he seems to be the only one (sometimes Valiquette) who doesn't sugar coat things. Not sure how anybody can sugar coat the lack of effort we witnessed, but I didn't want to stick around to find out. They've got one game to turn this around, and hopefully go back to Jersey for a 7th. Just not sure they believe it's possible, or even care.

• Bullseye 1
  • Believe 1