• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Steven MacDonald Extra Effort Award: Who's Your Guy?

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

do u get the feeling that trocheck is really waiting for the playoffs to ramp it up.  just a complet PIA to play against

I am patiently awaiting his playoff coming out party. He's already showing signs of it. He has steadily gotten more up in people's space and persistent as the season has worn on. Can't friggin wait!!

On 3/30/2023 at 4:43 PM, Slobberknocker said:

do u get the feeling that trocheck is really waiting for the playoffs to ramp it up.  just a complet PIA to play against

He's a mosquito, the Rangers didn't flinch facing him last year, and the Rangers are kind of pussies. 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He's a mosquito, the Rangers didn't flinch facing him last year, and the Rangers are kind of pussies. 

But when you take the totality of Trochek, Motte, Goodrow, Lindgren, Trouba, Mikkola and Schneider.....you have some guys not afraid to throw hits. The toughness of this squad is pretty good when they are running on all cylinders imo. Doesn't happen often but I think the ability is there.

On 3/29/2023 at 9:06 AM, Sharpshooter said:

Voting for this hasn't started yet, but probably soon since the season is winding down. So, whenever voting does begin, who has yours?

It might be easy to give it to a guy like Zibanejad or a Trocheck maybe, but my vote is going to Jimmy Vesey. With the Hobey Baker hype long gone, he's done a nice job for himself coming into his own as a solid bottom six player. He came here and we kind of thought he'd be a solid fit. Not only has he been solid, but I think he's been pretty damn good. He's been relentless on the forecheck all year, been really good defensively, PK and has helped round out the lineup even more.

Before clicking on the link I thought Jimmy Vesey (guess others did as well). He's just a hard worker, does more than you'd expect and most nights he's just plain noticeable. When the season started, how many of you expected Vesey to be as good as he's been? I didn't. To be honest, I thought he'd be a waste of a roster spot. Instead, he's been a pleasant surprise, and he's been rewarded because of it. 

13 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

But when you take the totality of Trochek, Motte, Goodrow, Lindgren, Trouba, Mikkola and Schneider.....you have some guys not afraid to throw hits. The toughness of this squad is pretty good when they are running on all cylinders imo. Doesn't happen often but I think the ability is there.

Lafrenière is supposedly 2nd on the tram in hits for forwards (this absurdity has been discussed elsewhere).

Their toughness resides solely in the names you mentioned and only Trouba could be deemed a player teams will try to stay away from. The rest are more on that pest level of toughness.  Except they don't really play like pests and teams don't fear them. Goodrows ability to play a bit nasty is something that needs to be pushed to the forefront. Otherwise this team is extremely soft and bitch- like  

I'm hoping Schneider steps up his physical play in the playoffs. It's in him. He's been a bit more noticeable lately... Probably just doesn't want to get the typical Gallant treatment that younger players get, if they fuck up.