• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#72) Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes — Upgraded Back to Hurricane

14 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Big Sean Omg GIF

lol, I guess I should clarify.

Slash used to be called for actually slashing someones body, now all you have to do is hit the stick. And it's funny watching a players reaction when they lose their stick, as they whine to the ref. Just think a player at this level should be able to hold onto his stick.

Hooking, you don't have to actually make contact, just getting the stick around the midsection is enough to go into the penalty box.

Holding, open hand on the shoulder without gaining an advantage is now getting called.

Delay of game, putting the puck over the boards ... I don't like this penalty.

Just my opinion

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Better second period. Need a great 3rd.

I continue to believe that Carolina’s style doesn’t translate well to long grinding games. And to long play off series. You weather the initial storm and come back at them hard. That high pressure system has to tire them out a little bit. 

games there for the taking 

weird horror movie GIF by absurdnoise
french fries poop GIF

sexy singer songwriter GIF by Nilüfer Yanya
George W Bush GIF

• Applause 1
  • Believe 1

ESPNs app is so shitty. It would auto launch into the Canes feed on my iPad. Most times it asks which feed. Well there is a film icon in the bottom right, tap it and I could change to the Ranger feed. Shit UI but now all is right in the world for the huge 3rd. 

• Believe 1

Just now, mbob said:

ESPNs app is so shitty. It would auto launch into the Canes feed on my iPad. Most times it asks which feed. Well there is a film icon in the bottom right, tap it and I could change to the Ranger feed. Shit UI but now all is right in the world for the huge 3rd. 

It’s a huge app I’ve noticed (at least on the fire stick it is). It would load really slow for me so I deleted a few apps and it worked better for me.

it’s still better than nhl.tv used to be and it’s not even close. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

The great thing about having a lot of talent is you can get outplayed by a significant margin yet still have a chance to win.

great thing about having an all league goalie too. 

• Bullseye 1
  • TroCheckmark 1

3 minutes ago, jamsim1967 said:

lol, I guess I should clarify.

Slash used to be called for actually slashing someones body, now all you have to do is hit the stick. And it's funny watching a players reaction when they lose their stick, as they whine to the ref. Just think a player at this level should be able to hold onto his stick.

Hooking, you don't have to actually make contact, just getting the stick around the midsection is enough to go into the penalty box.

Holding, open hand on the shoulder without gaining an advantage is now getting called.

Delay of game, putting the puck over the boards ... I don't like this penalty.

Just my opinion

Yea I got all of that.  I just don't think you can penalize someone for losing control of their body after slamming into the boards.  If he intentionally kicked someone leading with his skate blades it would without a doubt be called.

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

Better second period. Need a great 3rd.

I continue to believe that Carolina’s style doesn’t translate well to long grinding games. And to long play off series. You weather the initial storm and come back at them hard. That high pressure system has to tire them out a little bit. 

games there for the taking 

weird horror movie GIF by absurdnoise
french fries poop GIF

sexy singer songwriter GIF by Nilüfer Yanya
George W Bush GIF

That, and i would think, it being a system  one can start second guessing real quick as a player

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yea I got all of that.  I just don't think you can penalize someone for losing control of their body after slamming into the boards.  If he intentionally kicked someone leading with his skate blades it would without a doubt be called.

I don't think you can either, and I wouldn't expect it. Just talking about the nonsense stuff they do call.