• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#72) Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes — Upgraded Back to Hurricane

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

No no, I’m not saying that. I’m saying that at the end of the season, hot and cold streaks and all, if we have back to back 110 point seasons, I just don’t see how he can be as bad as some of us make him out to be.

He isn’t perfect, I’ll say that. Believe me I see it. No coach really is.

But again, if we do happen to finish at around 110 points for the 2nd year in a row, I’m not sure he deserves all of the criticism I see of him, is all I was saying. I think 82 games is a fair judge.

Now imagine if they could defend, even just a little?

Just now, Pete said:

Dude looks like he's playing with linemates who aren't suited to his game. Shame he and Kakko are both RW, they think the game similarly. They aren't holding the puck looking to make any play, they're looking for the right one.

You can see how bad he wants to play with Panarin.

The thing is that that line is just gaining so much chemistry at the moment.

I wouldn’t be 100% surprised if at some point, Kreider and Panarin flip flopped if things went a little dry. This way Zibanejad plays with 2 wingers he’s familiar with, and Kane will get Panarin.

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Dude looks like he's playing with linemates who aren't suited to his game. Shame he and Kakko are both RW, they think the game similarly. They aren't holding the puck looking to make any play, they're looking for the right one.

too much looking, if you ask me. not enough "playing"

12 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

No no, I’m not saying that. I’m saying that at the end of the season, hot and cold streaks and all, if we have back to back 110 point seasons, I just don’t see how he can be as bad as some of us make him out to be.

He isn’t perfect, I’ll say that. Believe me I see it. No coach really is.

But again, if we do happen to finish at around 110 points for the 2nd year in a row, I’m not sure he deserves all of the criticism I see of him, is all I was saying. I think 82 games is a fair judge.

FV0jjIUWUAU2nqd?format=jpg&name=small

• Bullseye 1

33 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Where's Kane?  anyone see Kane?  Dude looks like he wants to go back to Chicago

There was a play last night where he had the puck near the slot with all kinds of space and time, and a clear path to the net, and instead he chose to attempt a bad pass. Second time in recent memory he's done this. This isn't a teammate thing either, because no teammate in the world is going to make it a good decision to pass in these particular situations. This is a Kane thing and he has to be a bit sharper headed into the playoffs. I'm not worried though. He's an HOF player who has elevated all kinds and types of players throughout his career.

And you know something else, Tarasenko should be on PP1 in place of Kane. Panarin-Fox-Kane doesn't work. GG being too nice about the PP and hurting feelings is going to torpedo it's success.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I noticed the Rangers started flipping the puck high from DZ to NZ and it neutralized Carolina’s forecheck significantly, while boosting the Rangers chances to pick up a loose/bobbled puck for a rush the other way. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a strategy they employ regularly against them in the playoffs should they meet.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't think that was proactive, I think that was reactive because they were getting suffocated by Carolina and couldn't even make a pass.

It worked, but I wouldn't expect that over seven games it would be effective. 

I noticed that they were looping back while carrying the puck in the 3rd.  They also went from making home run passes, to keeping the passes short.  It seemed with a teammate closer, that they had better puck support.

That third period was probably one of the best periods of "smart hockey" I've seen this team play in quite a while.  They've had some good one's recently, but this one can be made an example of on the old chalkboard.

With the exception of 2D on Tuesday night the Rangers have had Carolina's number going back to the playoffs last season.

This is a matchup I'd like to face at some point because it is likely to be less random than some of our other potential matchups.

35 minutes ago, Br4d said:

With the exception of 2D on Tuesday night the Rangers have had Carolina's number going back to the playoffs last season.

This is a matchup I'd like to face at some point because it is likely to be less random than some of our other potential matchups.

It would be a war, no doubt. I definitely think the Rangers may be in their head a tiny bit. And I do think them losing Svechnikov is going to be something that will at some point cripple them. It would be a war, but I do think the Rangers know how to play that team and know how to beat them.

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

But this isnt exactly true. Shesty's numbers are very pedestrian this season.  It cant be him, not this season. 

I wouldn't go as far as Shesty's numbers are pedestrian, much less very pedestrian. His numbers are pretty good, but not Vezina level pretty good. His .914 SV% is 15th, while the 33-12-7 W/L/O is second in the league. More than once he saved the game for the Rangers and just like any other player, he has ups and downs during the season.

For the month of March, his SV% is .927 in nine games, where he was pedestrian especially during the first four games with .904 SV%. On the other hand during the last five games Shesty's SV% was .946. We'll see if he can maintain this level of performance during the next 6-7 games he will start.

In either case, Shesty is the least of my worry when it comes to playoffs...

2 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

I wouldn't go as far as Shesty's numbers are pedestrian, much less very pedestrian. His numbers are pretty good, but not Vezina level pretty good. His .914 SV% is 15th, while the 33-12-7 W/L/O is second in the league. More than once he saved the game for the Rangers and just like any other player, he has ups and downs during the season.

For the month of March, his SV% is .927 in nine games, where he was pedestrian especially during the first four games with .904 SV%. On the other hand during the last five games Shesty's SV% was .946. We'll see if he can maintain this level of performance during the next 6-7 games he will start.

In either case, Shesty is the least of my worry when it comes to playoffs...

His .914 SV% shows that this season's team success is not all him.  And thats' the point Long Live the Shesty was trying to make

1 minute ago, Pete said:

It is exactly true. When he slumps, they lose. When he's hot, they win.

he hasnt been hot all season. Halak was outplaying him at some point.  he's been playing his best hockey in March, before that he was very average.

The point is that the team's success this year can not be attributed to Shesty's superhuman play.  Last year for sure. 

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

he hasnt been hot all season. Halak was outplaying him at some point.  he's been playing his best hockey in March, before that he was very average.

The point is that the team's success this year can not be attributed to Shesty's superhuman play.  Last year for sure. 

I agree. 

and all is forgiven because he’s getting hot at the right time 

51 minutes ago, CCCP said:

Agree.