• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#72) Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes — Upgraded Back to Hurricane

19 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Goody lost his blade. Unreal!

Happens a lot actually.

17 minutes ago, NY Chief said:

Old fart here. When did blades become interchangeable?

It's been around a while now.

16 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I’m thinking about 10 years ago on the highest end skates (like the quick release technology). 

This is about right, some skates even longer without the quick release.

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

This is a way more convincing win than anything that happened over the weekend. 

Panarin and Zib finding a groove, maybe. They still gotta figure out the middle 6.

Definitely. However, my heart prefers a 5 goal lead through the first 20

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s gonna suck losing Tarasenko in the summer. For a star player, he has no problem putting ego aside and playing a hard, heavy and smart defensive game.

I wish there were a way to keep him.

I'd rather have him than Kane. Maybe there's a way they can make it work.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 2
  • Believe 1

25 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s gonna suck losing Tarasenko in the summer. For a star player, he has no problem putting ego aside and playing a hard, heavy and smart defensive game.

I wish there were a way to keep him.

Kane is still willing to do that I think but I am not sure he is physically able to play that way night in and night out any more.

Fingers crossed he has something in the tank come playoff time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Kane is still willing to do that I think but I am not sure he is physically able to play that way night in and night out any more.

Fingers crossed he has something in the tank come playoff time.

I’d love to keep both. I think Kane is more likely to stay, just because I don’t think he forced his way here just to stay for a few months and leave. He did his homework. He knew this team had cap issues. I think he’ll be willing to take a cut if it means winning. He doesn’t seem like a guy who loves change. And I think, whether we do ultimately win or not this year, we’re an organization that is clearly in win now mode. He’s made his money. He’s older. I think he’ll be willing to take less than market value if it means comfort and winning. 

Tarasenko, on the other hand, is younger and will likely command more than we’ll be able to provide. 

Also factor in the RFA’s we have, etc. and it would be tight. I’d love to see it happen but I don’t know how without moving money out.

Edited by RichieNextel305

It sure as hell didn't look too great at first for us.  Same shit...bigger pile, I would say!  But then it happened! 

Igor came up with a HUGE turning point save, and this team started doing the little things correctly;  They got pucks behind their defense, and also changed over to shorter passes, which made a huge difference!

A gutty win for the boys tonight, and a fantastic showing in the GDT by all!!

...And here are the Top 11 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Chiquita Bananas...just to get the monkey off your back, isn't that right, Mr Fox?

5 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Sam already gargling the Pesce family jewels. Wasting no time whatsoever.

5 hours ago, siddious said:

Vesey wanted for murder in Carolina

5 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Gallant looking like a toad tonight and wearing a tadpole tie to match 

4 hours ago, mbob said:

let me correct this, “Wish our coach was more talented so we could look like Carolina”

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

We have a magical pp along the boards. Center ice might not need a Zamboni at periods end tho 

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

They started playing better when I started drinking, just sayin'

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Name a good time to stop drinking…. Exactly you can’t !

3 hours ago, Dem said:

They've looked very good since they came down off the ludes!!

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Laf couldn’t score at a whorehouse with a stack of $100’s. In fact at this point he would walk out with appreciation some how. 

3 hours ago, mbob said:

Wife just said never realized how long a minute is till hockey.  I coughed and said how bout my minute 😉

3 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

About the last second goal…. The phrase that I heard frequently…. Not tonight darling

A sweet "feel good" win tonight!  I loved the physicality we displayed, and the way we figured out how to beat their forecheck.  They are the Hartford Whalers after all!! 

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @mbob who logs his first GDT victory with that gem!! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’d love to keep both. I think Kane is more likely to stay, just because I don’t think he forced his way here just to stay for a few months and leave. He did his homework. He knew this team had cap issues. I think he’ll be willing to take a cut if it means winning. He doesn’t seem like a guy who loves change. And I think, whether we do ultimately win or not this year, we’re an organization that is clearly in win now mode. He’s made his money. He’s older. I think he’ll be willing to take less than market value if it means comfort and winning. 

Tarasenko, on the other hand, is younger and will likely command more than we’ll be able to provide. 

Also factor in the RFA’s we have, etc. and it would be tight. I’d love to see it happen but I don’t know how without moving money out.

If they are able to keep both, it probably means one large contract is going to be moved. (Goodrow most likely, as his AAV is absurd)