• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#68) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins — All Aboard for the Trouba Train!

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

For sure. Once things round into shape fully, this is going to be a very difficult team to put down.

The Zibanejad line is really becoming scary. Follow that up by having to deal with a 2nd line with Patrick Kane on it, and then the Kid Line who can grind you to pieces and a 4th line who can pressure you up and down the ice?

Listen, there is a ways to go. But this is why Drury did what he did at the deadline. You mean to tell me anyone is going to be itching to play a team with this much talent come playoff time? Especially when it all is clicking?

That Trocheck line has no chemistry. It either needs to get there or they gotta break that cold kid line up. Kane looks miserable playing with players who don't think the game the way he does. You're not getting the most of him that way. 

Edited by Pete
  • Bullseye 1

I'm thinking the same as Richie here:

"Lets be blunt: if Tristian Jarry didn’t play an incredible game, the Rangers win this one in a laugher. We dominated that whole game, made smart plays when we had to defensively, we were hungrier, we were more dangerous with the puck, had more chances, controlled play, dictated the tempo, played smart, out-everything’d them. Pittsburgh’s 2 goals came on a careless turnover and a shift where they pinned us in our zone. Other than that, the Rangers were brilliant tonight. 

More goals will come. More chemistry will come.

This team is going to be a fucking problem.

If that 1st Period the other night was the gold standard, they followed that up with a very closely resembled 60 minutes.

Great game. Great effort. Much deserved 2 points."

That pretty much says it all in my book!

...And here are the Top Lucky 13 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Turkish Towels...Cindy Crosby's official crying towel!

13 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Motte injured again. Drink?

13 hours ago, Keirik said:

Dave Maloney’s skin was always gloss but today it’s matte. 

13 hours ago, Dem said:

Good makeup???? Or not enough to drink before the game??

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Watching this Trocheck line is as painful as passing a stone. 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

The magic has gone Fil, the magic….has….gone….

12 hours ago, phillyb said:

Buddy talks about Chel so much that it makes its way into typos. 

12 hours ago, Bugg said:

Crosby,  Joe! Fuck you, Sam Rosen, you mush fossil whammy douchebag. 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Applesauce! 

12 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Joseph doing his best K’Andre Miller impression.  

11 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Gotta love it when the garbageman comes.

11 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Where's the instant switch to college basketball?  I feel cheated.

11 hours ago, siddious said:

I missed it. Did we win? What was gallant wearing? Did anyone punch cindy in the face?

10 hours ago, siddious said:

So I’m hearing we need a hot gallant thread?

Pretty intense effort last night, and aside from a couple of poor decisions from K', I gotta say that this team is starting to come together!  ...and yes Virginia, they're going to be dangerous!

Although Richie @RichieNextel305 hit the nail on the noggin', @Pete drives home the winner of the GDT!!  I think it damn well may be time to split up the kids, and get Kaner what he needs to make the magic!

Edited by Ozzy

33 minutes ago, Pete said:

That Trocheck line has no chemistry. It either needs to get there or they gotta break that cold kid line up. Kane looks miserable playing with players who don't think the game the way he does. You're not getting the most of him that way. 

What's the solution? Switching Kaner and Kakko? 

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

What's the solution? Switching Kaner and Kakko? 

Maybe? I don't know, I'm still not sold on Panarin and Zib. I still think the lines I had before are the most balanced.

Lafreniere Zib Tarasenko

Paranrin Chytil Kane

Kreider Trocheck Kakko

4th

That third line, against other playoff teams, would be deadline in matchups.

• JIMMY! 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
17 minutes ago, Pete said:

Maybe? I don't know, I'm still not sold on Panarin and Zib. I still think the lines I had before are the most balanced.

Lafreniere Zib Tarasenko

Paranrin Chytil Kane

Kreider Trocheck Kakko

4th

That third line, against other playoff teams, would be deadline in matchups.

You had me at "Hello" here! 

Meshing styles of play that may blend well?  Yessir!  I hope we see this before long.

I just don’t like the idea of breaking the Kids up. We do it occasionally and they all look out of whack. It’s the one line that for sure we know has buzz when they’re altogether.

Kane looked filthy against the Caps. I thought that line that game looked fine, and even hooked up for a very pretty goal that ended up being the GWG.

The last 2 games have been the best I’ve seen this group play together since the deadline. I’d leave them be and see if they can continue to produce.

Kane had 2 points the other night. He had an assist with the GWG last night. The line produced chances.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

13 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I just don’t like the idea of breaking the Kids up. We do it occasionally and they all look out of whack. It’s the one line that for sure we know has buzz when they’re altogether.

Kane looked filthy against the Caps. I thought that line that game looked fine, and even hooked up for a very pretty goal that ended up being the GWG.

The last 2 games have been the best I’ve seen this group play together since the deadline. I’d leave them be and see if they can continue to produce.

Kane had 2 points the other night. He had an assist with the GWG last night. The line produced chances.

Agree here. No need to manufacture a problem that doesn’t exist. At least it doesn’t exist yet.

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

It is a problem, the kid line is cold and the Trocheck line has no chemistry.

What they did against the capitals is meaningless, that team sucks AND no Ovechkin.

Let's give it one more game to determine if things should be changed. If we are winning; I think we see it through the cold streak for the kids and see what develops with Kane on Tros wing.

• Cheers 1

I wouldn't break the kids up because you then send dead parts to other lines, I would leave them alone. The talk around the league has been our top 6 maybe if not is the most talented in the league, We spread out the kids and you instantly kill that, Let them do whatever it is they do, if their minutes fall and the fourth line ends up playing as much or more in some games so be it. They can continue to play together, buzz around hardly ever looking towards the goal especially Kakko and when they do Chytil can miss the net or hit the goalie in the crest. Not sure what Laf generates or does but hey remind them kid you're ☝️.  (Actually he's a hitter according to the stats) They seem to cycle and control the puck even if it leads to nothing but if they have it they're not getting scored on, although I wouldn't be all that surprised if the stats say otherwise. 

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

It is a problem, the kid line is cold and the Trocheck line has no chemistry.

What they did against the capitals is meaningless, that team sucks AND no Ovechkin.

Yeah, the kid line is cold. They’ve also been hot. I’m not ready to panic on that yet, but I do know chemistry is there because we’ve seen the production.

I don’t know where you’re getting no chemistry from the Trocheck line. They created some glorious chances together, produced, and analytically they were the best line on ice last night and in the Caps game by a country mile. Again, let’s not manufacture a problem that doesn’t exist for the purpose of forcing Panarin and Kane on the same line.

Edited by BrooksBurner

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Tarasenko is a horse. Guy is smart defensively for a player with as much talent as he has. And he’s really beginning to click with Zibanejad. Absolutely awesome seeing him play for this team. We are going to love him come playoff time.

Also seems 100% engaged which was a slight knock against him this year in St. Louis.  He’s been solid.

• Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yeah, the kid line is cold. They’ve also been hot. I’m not ready to panic on that yet, but I do know chemistry is there because we’ve seen the production.

I don’t know where you’re getting no chemistry from the Trocheck line. They created some glorious chances together, produced, and analytically they were the best line on ice last night and in the Caps game by a country mile. Again, let’s not manufacture a problem that doesn’t exist for the purpose of forcing Panarin and Kane on the same line.

We also know Kane and Panarin can be hot. I don't think three games of being off changes that.

There is no manufactured problem, watch the games, they're not working as a line. Tro and Kreider are fine. They were also fine with the Vesey. You're not going to get the best out of Kane by playing him with the most uncreative players on the roster. 

25 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I wouldn't break the kids up because you then send dead parts to other lines, I would leave them alone. The talk around the league has been our top 6 maybe if not is the most talented in the league, We spread out the kids and you instantly kill that, Let them do whatever it is they do, if their minutes fall and the fourth line ends up playing as much or more in some games so be it. They can continue to play together, buzz around hardly ever looking towards the goal especially Kakko and when they do Chytil can miss the net or hit the goalie in the crest. Not sure what Laf generates or does but hey remind them kid you're ☝️.  (Actually he's a hitter according to the stats) They seem to cycle and control the puck even if it leads to nothing but if they have it they're not getting scored on, although I wouldn't be all that surprised if the stats say otherwise. 

I don't look at it as sending dead parts to other lines, I look at it as giving young players veteran linemates to support them instead of letting them flail around as a unit, mostly doing a lot of nothing. 

1 minute ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Would love to see Drury figure a way to keep Tarasenko, but just don't see how he can do it.

There's really no way he can, which is unfortunate because I'm loving his game as well. 

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Would love to see Drury figure a way to keep Tarasenko, but just don't see how he can do it.

Dude is playing like a man possessed!!  I'd love to see them keep him, but that would be a magic trick in itself!

• Keeps it 100 2

I don't know if it would be enough if we traded Chytil away to get a value 3rd line center like @Philproposed.  Chytil's value has most likely taken a bit of a dive the last few weeks, bur I'm not sure the Dru is gonna mastermind another parting of the Red Sea, after our trade deadline extravaganza.

I'm actually wondering if we're going to re-sign Halak.  He'll be 38 next season, and I'm not sure we have another solid backup goalie on the rise just yet.

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't look at it as sending dead parts to other lines, I look at it as giving young players veteran linemates to support them instead of letting them flail around as a unit, mostly doing a lot of nothing. 

I respect your pov Pete. We just don't see it the same, to me if you pushed all your chips in already worrying about the kids at this point in the season isn't the concern. Especially if the overall feeling is we have the ability to push out the top 6 in the league after making two huge moves to get Tarasenko and Kane. 

Edited by jsrangers
  • Cheers 1

Just now, jsrangers said:

I respect your pov Pete. We just do see it the same, to me if you pushed all your chips in worrying about the kids at this point in the season isn't the concern if the overall feeling is we have the ability to push out the top 6 in the league after making two huge moves to get Tarasenko and Kane. 

I think if you break up the kid line you can have the most balance forward unit in the NHL. 

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I don't know if it would be enough if we traded Chytil away to get a value 3rd line center like @Philproposed.  Chytil's value has most likely taken a bit of a dive the last few weeks, bur I'm not sure the Dru is gonna mastermind another parting of the Red Sea, after our trade deadline extravaganza.

I'm actually wondering if we're going to re-sign Halak.  He'll be 38 next season, and I'm not sure we have another solid backup goalie on the rise just yet.

If the Rangers end up winning The Cup I think Halak retires.   Garand had a shut out when I saw the Wolf Pack play.

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If the Rangers end up winning The Cup I think Halak retires.   Garand had a shut out when I saw the Wolf Pack play.

Oh Shit, that's right!  I forgot about Garand!  Actually that'd be a pretty great way for Halak to ride off into the sunset! 

Let me backup for a second, IF the kids were playing at the expected level based on growth coming off last seasons playoffs in which I don't think they were great outside Chytil's 5 goals in 2 games but they showed something for sure I don't think any of this would be an issue. So my opinion and comments are absolutely influenced by frustration that they've once again stalled. 

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 2