• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#68) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins — All Aboard for the Trouba Train!

15 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Would love to see Drury figure a way to keep Tarasenko, but just don't see how he can do it.

Lots of moving parts, but there are ways to make it happen. They would probably need to give him term (7 years?) in exchange for lower AAV. I'm thinking on the open market he might only net 5 years maximum.

7 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I respect your pov Pete. We just don't see it the same, to me if you pushed all your chips in already worrying about the kids at this point in the season isn't the concern. Especially if the overall feeling is we have the ability to push out the top 6 in the league after making two huge moves to get Tarasenko and Kane. 

Hey JS, I'm thinking we could always put them back together if they don't pan out, but I'd be all for seeing what would happen if we balanced it out more like Pete suggested.  Just the chance for them to play with guys like Kane and Tarasenko may add to their progression as players faster.

I dunno man, I'd give it a whirl for about 5 games down the stretch.  We're not going up or down in the standings at this point, so I figure why not?

• Bullseye 1

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

We also know Kane and Panarin can be hot. I don't think three games of being off changes that.

There is no manufactured problem, watch the games, they're not working as a line. Tro and Kreider are fine. They were also fine with the Vesey. You're not going to get the best out of Kane by playing him with the most uncreative players on the roster. 

Yeah, we know they can be hot...7 years ago.

In what was arguably Kane's best year in 18-19 where he scored 44 goals and 110 points, he played big minutes with a variety of players including Toews, Anisimov, Dylan Strome, Debrincat, and Saad. I don't see a high end playmaker on that list. None of these guys are more creative than Kreider and Trocheck. They are of the same ilk, actually. If I see evidence that it isn't working, of which there is none, I'll adjust my stance. Best line since being put together 2 games and 1 period ago. Let's not galaxy brain it.

In response to @Ozzycertainly an option but I would be leary of running out of games as your already trying to build as much chemistry as possible around your top six talent as it is. Personally I don't think we have games to spare. Risk vs. reward  I personally just don't see it. We're always trying to bend stuff to make these guys (kids) fit better. I especially don't think now is the time. Hell I'm not even saying sit them or whatever, just leave them be. Shrug.

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 1

We probably played our best 2 games since K'Andre decided it was ok to spit on someone.

I wouldn't switch anything up other than getting Lindgren back with Fox when he's healthy.

I think the real question is who plays left side on the 3rd defense pair?

I'm torn between Harpur & Mikkola.  They both have their moments of looking ok and looking putrid.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

In response to @Ozzycertainly an option but I would be leary of running out of games as your already trying to build as much chemistry as possible around your top six talent as it is. Personally I don't think we have games to spare. Risk vs. reward  I personally just don't see it. We're always trying to bend stuff to make these guys (kids) fit better. I especially don't think know is the time. Hell I'm not even saying sit them or whatever, just leave them be. Shrug.

I totally get where you're at, JS.  I'm just curious to see how Kane or Tarasenko would mesh with Laf .  Maybe even wake Chytil from his recent slumber.  We'll see how it shakes out, but it's sure a nice "problem" to have, right?  😉

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

We probably played our best 2 games since K'Andre decided it was ok to spit on someone.

I wouldn't switch anything up other than getting Lindgren back with Fox when he's healthy.

I'm torn between Harpur & Mikkola.  They both have their moments of looking ok and looking putrid.

Harpur. Never go full Stinkola!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I totally get where you're at, JS.  I'm just curious to see how Kane or Tarasenko would mesh with Laf .  Maybe even wake Chytil from his recent slumber.  We'll see how it shakes out, but it's sure a nice "problem" to have, right?  😉

Is Chytil in a slump or is this his normal play.   He's shown more periods of his recent play than his 2 hot stretches in his career.

• TroCheckmark 1

7 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Is Chytil in a slump or is this his normal play.   He's shown more periods of his recent play than his 2 hot stretches in his career.

I'm thinking along the lines of "is this who is going to be?".  That Hot/Cold shit never flies well, and he's in a contract year, where he should be lighting it up, if not on the scoresheet, somehow, somewhere else on the ice.   ...I ain't seen it in more than a few weeks! 

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yeah, we know they can be hot...7 years ago.

In what was arguably Kane's best year in 18-19 where he scored 44 goals and 110 points, he played big minutes with a variety of players including Toews, Anisimov, Dylan Strome, Debrincat, and Saad. I don't see a high end playmaker on that list. None of these guys are more creative than Kreider and Trocheck. They are of the same ilk, actually. If I see evidence that it isn't working, of which there is none, I'll adjust my stance. Best line since being put together 2 games and 1 period ago. Let's not galaxy brain it.

That's just a hard no and makes me think you haven't seen them play.

There's no bigger Kane fan on this board, so spare me the pseudo education on his game.

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

That's just a hard no and makes me think you haven't seen them play.

There's no bigger Kane fan on this board, so spare me the pseudo education on his game.

You just don’t want to admit that Kane hs never needed a Panarin to unlock his highest level of play, and he doesn’t need it now.

It’s like the idea of pairing playmaking pass first players with shooters is a new concept. It really isn’t.

19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You just don’t want to admit that Kane hs never needed a Panarin to unlock his highest level of play, and he doesn’t need it now.

I said you're not going to get the most out of Kane by playing him with those guys, as referenced by your point that he had his BEST career year with Panarin.

It’s like the idea of pairing playmaking pass first players with shooters is a new concept. It really isn’t.

Let me do it for you IRL..."It’s like the idea of pairing Kane and Panarin with Chytil is a new concept. It really isn’t."

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

I said you're not going to get the most out of Kane by playing him with those guys, as referenced by your point that he had his BEST career year with Panarin.

Let me do it for you IRL..."It’s like the idea of pairing Kane and Panarin with Chytil is a new concept. It really isn’t."

without.

5 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If the Rangers end up winning The Cup I think Halak retires.   Garand had a shut out when I saw the Wolf Pack play.

Probably. If not, Biron him and re-sign until Garand or whoever is ready to take over.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Touchme.

They're still nasty together and everyone knows it and it's why he forced a trade here so doesn't matter what you say you're wrong as per the usual

5v5

Kane w/o Trocheck: 23 TOI, 3 HDCF, 11 HDCA, 39 CF%, 19 xGF%, 0 GF

Kane w/ Trocheck: 80 TOI, 18 HDCF, 13 HDCA, 53 CF%, 54 xGF%, 6 GF

Kane w/ Trocheck and Kreider: 26 TOI, 13 HDCF, 2 HDCA, 65 CF%, 77 xGF%, 3 GF

It works both on paper and via eye test. You might need your eyes checked, as per the usual 😉

• The Chyt! 1

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

5v5

Kane w/o Trocheck: 23 TOI, 3 HDCF, 11 HDCA, 39 CF%, 19 xGF%, 0 GF

Kane w/ Trocheck: 80 TOI, 18 HDCF, 13 HDCA, 53 CF%, 54 xGF%, 6 GF

Kane w/ Trocheck and Kreider: 26 TOI, 13 HDCF, 2 HDCA, 65 CF%, 77 xGF%, 3 GF

It works both on paper and via eye test. You might need your eyes checked, as per the usual 😉

And you're using the smallest sample size possible... The smallest, per usual. 

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

5 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

5 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Harpur. Never go full Stinkola!

It's gonna be Mikkola.  The guy playing 19 minutes a game in Lindgren's spot against the opponent's top players, not 12 minute a night Harpur.