• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Should the Rangers Consider Trading K'Andre Miller?

jsm7302
Message added by Phil,

Notice: this thread is being broken out from a separate thread because it warrants its own discussion. Forgive the lack of clarity in the OP.

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Yup, I think we agree pretty much.  This week we'll see him exposed to teams with a ferocious forecheck, and he's going to have to make plays simply to get the puck out of the zone.  He's a pretty damn good skater, and he should be able to use his size to make those plays, instead of "hand grenade" it behind the net to no one, or cough it up to a defender.

I'm curious to see how he handles these games as we approach the playoffs.  I also wish they had someone that could be a Benoit Allaire for our defenseman.

It really is a flaw with most of the defensive squad, I think.  I've been calling it a lack of a "system".  I think they simply just don't know where to go with it sometimes!

As far as his next contract, yeah...I have no idea what the hell we're gonna do with that one.  I for one, if I have to make my choice over him or Chytil...I'd keep him for sure.  Chytil is going to be really good, but we're kinda hitched to Trocheck for the long haul here, and there's no replacing Zibby!  He's the fucking MAN!  I love the Zibber!

We can agree to disagree on that, but that's just a difference of opinion on what positions money should go first. Have to remember Chytil came up young, but he is the same young age at 23. I'd just rather have the potential PPG center in today's league, and speaking of Zibby, I see a mini-Zib there right now.

The likely scenario as I see it is they keep both and Goodrow is the guy moving out. He's been great for us, but the experience on the team will have been gained across the past two seasons. Between Vesey and something like re-signing Motte or finding similar cheaper, grunt workers for PKing, I think they will be just fine without Goody.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

We can agree to disagree on that, but that's just a difference of opinion on what positions money should go first. Have to remember Chytil came up young, but he is the same young age at 23. I'd just rather have the potential PPG center in today's league, and speaking of Zibby, I see a mini-Zib there right now.

The likely scenario as I see it is they keep both and Goodrow is the guy moving out. He's been great for us, but the experience on the team will have been gained across the past two seasons. Between Vesey and something like re-signing Motte or finding similar cheaper, grunt workers for PKing, I think they will be just fine without Goody.

Honestly, I'd love to keep both of them, and I agree that we could possibly go younger & less expensive with Goodrow.  Although, his worth is usually as a playoff performer, so let's see what he brings to the table this year, and go from there. 

I liked Motte last year and thought we could've kept him, but maybe this is the year to inject Motte in there and move Goodrow.  Vesey has been a godsend this year, and he looks like this is the guy he's going to be; a solid, trustworthy 4th liner.  I'm totally cool with him!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Ironic how his contract and Panarin's is up at the same time....Hmmmmm

STOP THAT!!!!!

I just spent an unnecessary amount of time envisioning McDusty in a blueshirt!!!

(It was beautiful though)

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 2

Just now, jsm7302 said:

STOP THAT!!!!!

I just spent an unnecessary amount of time envisioning McDusty in a blueshirt!!!

(It was beautiful though)

It's gonna happen, Big J! 

You know we always get the shiny new toy!!!  We'll be clearing cap space for his arrival in 3 short years!

38 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I don't know when in the fairly distant future McDavid will become a Ranger, but I do know that it will coincide with him losing a step.

9 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

History tends to repeat itself.....

...and he'll still be twice as fast as anyone in the league!  😉

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

I don't know when in the fairly distant future McDavid will become a Ranger, but I do know that it will coincide with him losing a step.

Maybe, but to use Panarin's signing as an indicator, Bread not only lost nothing when he came here, but in fact got better after signing. 

So you never really know 🙂

• Keeps it 100 1

52 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Cool, so he'll be 100 point player instead of 150 point player. 

• VINNY! 1

19 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I would be shocked if Chytil turned into a PPG player and would love if he turned into 3/4 the player Zibanejad is.   But I think both are a pipe dream.  He’s too inconsistent to ever be a star in this league in my opinion.  

Zibby was bitten by the injury bug a little, early in his career, but I would be kinda concerned with Chytil's track record.  Giving him a #1 C role with his fragility is definitely a concern for me.

18 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Chytil's slump, hardly his first, is cautionary.  PPG 1C guy is too optimistic.  He has, however, proven that his is a solid 2C, which is a position for which we don't have an opening.

Well, we do, as GG currently has the wrong guy there.

Lafreniere Zib Tarasenko

Pararin Chytil Kane

Kreider Tro Kakko

21 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

After the last couple of games if not touching Panarin-Zib-Tarasenko.

18 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I agree. Panarin and Zib are finally gelling well. 

Last few games aren't a barometer of anything. The other teams were awful. Lineup needs more balance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Last few games aren't a barometer of anything. The other teams were awful. Lineup needs more balance.

From a paper standpoint; I'd agree. If they hit a skid, I'd try something different. I think it would be remiss to touch it while it's working. Let's face it; the two games against Carolina are going to really tell us what we have with these lines and this lineup. 

I definitely feel like we need to leave well enough alone until further notice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I would be shocked if Chytil turned into a PPG player and would love if he turned into 3/4 the player Zibanejad is.   But I think both are a pipe dream.  He’s too inconsistent to ever be a star in this league in my opinion.  

I've basically done a complete 180 on him and Trocheck this year. I was ready to pull the chute on the latter because it looked brutally bad with how poorly the chemistry was with he and Panarin, but the more I look at this, the more I'm convinced that the right path forward is bridge deals for all the kids, and trading anyone of them unwilling to play ball here.

I know a lot of folks are hopeful that they're gonna bail on Kreider and/or Trouba, but I don't think either is getting rushed out the door any time soon. Least of all to keep UFA rentals like Tarasenko or Kane, and not even to sign one of these kids to a longer-term deal.

My guess is they're all signing one- or two-year bridge deals to kick the can down the road and keep the team as competitive as possible for like a two- or three-year window. Basically the Shesterkin window. When the time comes to re-sign him, everything resets, and we'll have a lot to look back and reflect on, including the success (or lack of it) they might have in the playoffs until we get there.

• Applause 1
  • Believe 1

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

I've basically done a complete 180 on him and Trocheck this year. I was ready to pull the chute on the latter because it looked brutally bad with how poorly the chemistry was with he and Panarin, but the more I look at this, the more I'm convinced that the right path forward is bridge deals for all the kids, and trading anyone of them unwilling to play ball here.

I know a lot of folks are hopeful that they're gonna bail on Kreider and/or Trouba, but I don't think either is getting rushed out the door any time soon. Least of all to keep UFA rentals like Tarasenko or Kane, and not even to sign one of these kids to a longer-term deal.

My guess is they're all signing one- or two-year bridge deals to kick the can down the road and keep the team as competitive as possible for like a two- or three-year window. Basically the Shesterkin window. When the time comes to re-sign him, everything resets, and we'll have a lot to look back and reflect on, including the success (or lack of it) they might have in the playoffs until we get there.

Hey Drury, when did you get here?!?....I just wanted to say congrats on the Little League Championship!!

• LMFAO 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Cool, so he'll be 100 point player instead of 150 point player. 

Perhaps for the Leafs.  His bedroom collection of Leafs' memorabilia apparently put John Tavares's pajamas to shame.

Modest prediction: greatest player in history not to win the cup.