• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Devils to Play Stadium Series Game at Metlife Stadium in 2024?

Blue Heaven

• Phil changed the title to Stadium Series at Metlife Stadium in 2023-24?
2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Should be the Rangers, honestly. Regionally, the Flyers also work, but they're so much less competitive. You'll get big ratings for Rangers-Devils.

Yes it should be the Rangers BUT it would get big ratings around here, and then people out of the NY Metro region would whine like we do when its always the Penguins, Capitals, Blackhawks, Flyers, Bruins, etc......Rangers/Devils already played each other at Yankee Stadium.  Maybe they throw a bone to the Devils to host vs. another young team like Buffalo?  

I mean, if you're the NHL, you gotta. 

Especially with both teams very likely to play against each other in the playoffs. The Rangers - Devils rivalry has been pretty dead for quite a few years, so it's time to get it going again. 

The only issue is that I think baseball stadiums are a bit better than football stadiums for these kind of events. 

1 hour ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I mean, if you're the NHL, you gotta. 

Especially with both teams very likely to play against each other in the playoffs. The Rangers - Devils rivalry has been pretty dead for quite a few years, so it's time to get it going again. 

The only issue is that I think baseball stadiums are a bit better than football stadiums for these kind of events. 

Disagree.  Baseball stadiums offer odd sightlines due to the odd shape of most stadiums.  Football stadiums are just oversized hockey arenas.  Sightlines are mostly perfect.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Disagree.  Baseball stadiums offer odd sightlines due to the odd shape of most stadiums.  Football stadiums are just oversized hockey arenas.  Sightlines are mostly perfect.

Yes... if you don't mind being 7x further away... And cold. And have to wait online for beers and bathrooms. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's why baseball sucks. 

While I agree with the sentiment, baseball is boring as fuck, I'm not sure if you misunderstood my post lol.  I meant the view of the hockey rink, while center ice is basically on the pitchers mound, isn't much different than looking down at the rink while its in a football stadium.  The best seats for a hockey game in a baseball stadium are the mid/upper decks along the baselines.  At least in a football stadium, while the seats are further away, all the views are mostly the same as a hockey arena.

• Keeps it 100 1

The outdoor game in Raleigh looks great on TV the other night. The NHL loves that. But anyone who has sat through a bad or cold weather football game at the Meadowlands for 3 + hours would without a doubt rather see a Devils/Rangers game at the Rock or MSG. That's probably what it will take for this fad to die; a  really crappy weather day to have everyone totally miserable from cold, wind,  sleet and snow. Bad ice, lousy conditions, cars sliding around a parking lot, cold and wet fans fleeing. If they keep pushing this it will happen. 

Edited by Bugg

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

While I agree with the sentiment, baseball is boring as fuck, I'm not sure if you misunderstood my post lol.  I meant the view of the hockey rink, while center ice is basically on the pitchers mound, isn't much different than looking down at the rink while its in a football stadium.  The best seats for a hockey game in a baseball stadium are the mid/upper decks along the baselines.  At least in a football stadium, while the seats are further away, all the views are mostly the same as a hockey arena.

Oh I totally got it. 

And baseball sucks. 

• LOL 1