• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Devils to Play Stadium Series Game at Metlife Stadium in 2024?

Blue Heaven

50k people at a hockey game would rock and the Rangers and Devils could pull that off with enough advance warning.

You probably want to restrict the seating a bit since hockey rinks are smaller than football fields but you could still pack in more people at reasonable seats than you could in any hockey rink in North America.

I swear, this fanbase is never happy. 

If we're even in this game, it's an extra home game (since we can't legally be the home team) in an iconic venue less than 10 miles from where we usually have home games. 80,000 people filling MetLife for a rivalry game? Sounds fucking awesome. Have at it. Go if you want - it'll be a unique enough experience to see an outdoor hockey game in a football stadium in the middle of the winter. 

15 hours ago, goondman said:

Ok, serious question! What is it about the Winter Stunt and Stadium Stunt that appeal to fans? I kinda get the whole playing outside; i guess. Someone enlighten me please

Back when we played the two games at Yankee Stadium, I had gotten my brother and mom tickets to the game against the isles

despite it being brutally cold, they said they had an absolutely amazing time and it was one of their best hockey game memories they had. They also snuck a bunch of booze in to stay warm lol.

22 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Back when we played the two games at Yankee Stadium, I had gotten my brother and mom tickets to the game against the isles

despite it being brutally cold, they said they had an absolutely amazing time and it was one of their best hockey game memories they had. They also snuck a bunch of booze in to stay warm lol.

Well, booze tends to help 😉

I mean, shoot, if fans enjoy it, more power to them... A big no thanks for me. 

• Bullseye 1