• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Tyler Motte From Senators for Julien Gauthier and a Conditional 7th Round Pick

Phil

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Yes but also if you’re giving that spot to anyone it should be the prospects with higher ceilings.. Laf, kakko, Chytil, arguably krsvtsov.

let’s not act like Gauthiers play was begging to have him promoted.

Well. It was.

Lafrenière had his chances as the RW with Panarin for a few games. Flopped it. Crap, he still only has 4 more goals than Gauthier.. Kakko had/has one of the spots, so hes not in play here. Kravstov, I'll give you.  I bitched about his lack of opportunity too.

The opportunity given to Goodrow, Vesey, Blais and Kravtsov to take one of the vacant top 9 RW spots were more extensive than any chance Gauthier got. He deserved a bigger role and I feel his production,  his play and his ability to draw penalties most certainly did beg to be given a serious look. 

His play did fall off after his concussion, but he was getting back to being effective.  He should have had his chance months prior. 

• 4 weeks later...

I think this one's turning out okay. Motte is clicking with Vesey and Goodrow, and they make a playoff-style line together. Contributing a little offense and killing PKs, which has climbed slightly to 14th in the league.

Meanwhile Gauthier is a healthy scratch for Ottawa. Guess it wasn't just GG's vendetta. 

I'm really digging this 4th line!  They're really going to help out in the playoffs, to where we may not have to have forwards playing excessively.  We may be able to last longer in a six or seven game series.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 1

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm really digging this 4th line!  They're really going to help out in the playoffs, to where we may not have to have forwards playing excessively.  We may be able to last longer in a six or seven game series.

Goodrow and Vesey on the 4th instead of the top 9 is tremendous. Really makes it a deeper lineup for sure

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Goodrow and Vesey on the 4th instead of the top 9 is tremendous. Really makes it a deeper lineup for sure

Motte was one of the few out there last night that was VERY noticeable.  I've been really impressed with Vesey all year, and I think we kinda know what to expect with Goodrow.  He's usually pretty responsible both sides of the ice.

Makes for a solid mix that we can have out there with confidence. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Motte was one of the few out there last night that was VERY noticeable.  I've been really impressed with Vesey all year, and I think we kinda know what to expect with Goodrow.  He's usually pretty responsible both sides of the ice.

Makes for a solid mix that we can have out there with confidence. 

Motte’s been finishing his chances so far, which is refreshing. I’m not holding my breath on that continuing since it’s not his role, but you never know. Goodrow and Vesey is a lot of talent to play with for a “muck” line, and he may just keep on getting those chances. It makes me nervous seeing him skating gingerly to the bench or wincing on the bench multiple times a game though. Maybe 98% effort is good enough for now Motter…let’s make it to the playoffs healthy

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

50 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Motte’s been finishing his chances so far, which is refreshing. I’m not holding my breath on that continuing since it’s not his role, but you never know. Goodrow and Vesey is a lot of talent to play with for a “muck” line, and he may just keep on getting those chances. It makes me nervous seeing him skating gingerly to the bench or wincing on the bench multiple times a game though. Maybe 98% effort is good enough for now Motter…let’s make it to the playoffs healthy

I've come to grips with, "That's who Motte is", RMC.  He's gotta throw the body and get involved physically to be that mucker/grinder kinda guy, I think.  He's kinda like Lindgren as a 4th liner!  LOL

I'm not expecting him to be a scorer, but like you said...he's got some pretty decent talent around him, which may just grease the wheel to putting a few in the ol' basket!

Edited by Ozzy