• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Acquire Tyler Motte From Senators for Julien Gauthier and a Conditional 7th Round Pick

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Rangers 'Very Much in the Mix' for Tyler Motte
2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Usually trade related reasons meant a deal was imminent. But between what CBJ and the Coyotes are doing, this could still be something that is not done for a bit.

NHL doesn't like the "held out" thing, but not clear they can do anything to prevent it either. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Walk away, Chris. Walk away. 

Absolutely no reason to give up more for the same player you got last year. Plus the guy is always hurt. 

Plus it would put an egg on Drury's face for making the deal last year, not re-signing him somehow (thanks Reavo's asinine 1 year extension) knowing the 4th line is always an issue, and then re-acquire him for more

• LindG1000 changed the title to Rangers Acquire Tyler Motte From Senators for Julien Gauthier and a Conditional 7th Round Pick
  • LindG1000 changed the title to Rangers Acquire Tyler Motte From Senators

Goat was making 800 if I recall correctly

Motte is at 1.35

550K net difference in salaries, with time left in the season this results in a reduction of available cap space by 176K (I'm not sure if I use the correct equation the NHL uses).. This still allows for another move.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Motte was $1.35 Mil cap hit. Gauthier was $800k.

1 minute ago, Flynn said:

Goat was making 800 if I recall correctly

Motte is at 1.35

550K net difference in salaries, with time left in the season this results in a reduction of available cap space by 176K (I'm not sure if I use the correct equation the NHL uses).. This still allows for another move.  

Thanks gents.  

• Cheers 1