• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #43] Rangers vs. Dallas Stars — The Paradox of Nil-ism

Phil

With Kreider out and Trochek & Panarin STILL not clicking. Nows a good time for some shaking up of the lines. Do a little something that they haven't tried or tried much of. 

Lafrenière- Zibanejad- Kakko 

Panarin- Chytil- Kravtsov/Gauthier 

Vesey- Trochek- Gauthier/Kravtsov 

Brodzinski-Les Claypool- Goodrow 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Tied with New Jersey and only two points behind Carolina now!

The ‘Canes won tonight and four point ahead of the Rangers and a game on hand, the Devils have two games on hand. Even the Pitts played three less games. This division will be very crowed on the top. Fox is right, every points will count at the end, getting two points tonight was awesome more ways than one…

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Cr00zng said:

The ‘Canes won tonight and four point ahead of the Rangers and a game on hand, the Devils have two games on hand. Even the Pitts played three less games. This division will be very crowed on the top. Fox is right, every points will count at the end, getting two points tonight was awesome more ways than one…

These teams will be beating up on each other. This second half is going to be nuts.

Just now, The Dude said:

With Kreider out and Trochek & Panarin STILL not clicking. Nows a good time for some shaking up of the lines. Do a little something that they haven't tried or tried much of. 

Lafrenière- Zibanejad- Kakko 

Panarin- Chytil- Kravtsov/Gauthier 

Vesey- Trochek- Gauthier/Kravtsov 

Brodzinski-Les Claypool- Goodrow 

why not try Panarin with Zibanejad after that OT?

I’ve also said to move Kravtsov away from Panarin, as he continues to play to him. 
give Kakko his line. So that may mean Trocheck. I might try a healthy Gauthier with Kreider being out.

guess that leaves Goodrow - Goodrow - Goodrow for Gallants third and 4th lines. 

16 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

Best 2 minutes, ever. 

15 minutes ago, josh said:

Name of your sex tape 

1 minute ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

That’s what my wife said. 

You guys are obviously including the time to smoke a cigarette.

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, josh said:

why not try Panarin with Zibanejad after that OT?

I’ve also said to move Kravtsov away from Panarin, as he continues to play to him. 
give Kakko his line. So that may mean Trocheck. I might try a healthy Gauthier with Kreider being out.

guess that leaves Goodrow - Goodrow - Goodrow for Gallants third and 4th lines. 

They've tried Panarin with Zibanejad and Kakko. Wasn't terrible. 

Though I do think Trochek can click with Kakkos style. Maybe even Lafrenière for that cross the goal mouth tap in, you feel is Lafrenières go to move. Trochek is always in that area and he may open up some ice for Lafrenière as he's kinda all over the place with his puck possession and shot selection.

Lafrenière doesn't have a propensity for skating in the middle of the ice. Kinda straight up and down the wings. Won't be any cross ups like we seem to see with Panarin/Trochek. I'm surprised those 2 haven't collided head first like stupid Blais and Gauthier tonight. 

No matter what. Trochek needs to make way for Chytil.  Trochek fits that traditional 3rd line mold more so than Chytil. Buuut. Can Chytil do as well against the better competition? If he's with Panarin  he stands a better chance.

Kravtsov needs to play with talent. Maybe he fits as a skill guy with Lafrenière and Trochek? 

Yeah man fuck it. That's a line I'd like to see. 13- 16- 74.  It pushes Trochek to be the physical forward,  while Lafrenière lobs passes to the crease or to the right circle for a one timer from Kravtsov. Need to somehow get Lafrenière in a more aggressive attack mode. Maybe Trochek can rub off on him. Yes. Like that too. 

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They've tried Panarin with Zibanejad and Kakko. Wasn't terrible. 

Though I do think Trochek can click with Kakkos style. Maybe even Lafrenière for that cross the goal mouth tap in, you feel is Lafrenières go to move. Trochek is always in that area and he may open up some ice for Lafrenière as he's kinda all over the place with his puck possession and shot selection.

Lafrenière doesn't have a propensity for skating in the middle of the ice. Kinda straight up and down the wings. Won't be any cross ups like we seem to see with Panarin/Trochek. I'm surprised those 2 haven't collided head first like stupid Blais and Gauthier tonight. 

No matter what. Trochek needs to make way for Chytil.  Trochek fits that traditional 3rd line mold more so than Chytil. Buuut. Can Chytil do as well against the better competition? If he's with Panarin  he stands a better chance.

Kravtsov needs to play with talent. Maybe he fits as a skill guy with Lafrenière and Trochek? 

Yeah man fuck it. That's a line I'd like to see. 13- 16- 74.  It pushes Trochek to be the physical forward,  while Lafrenière lobs passes to the crease or to the right circle for a one timer from Kravtsov. Need to somehow get Lafrenière in a more aggressive attack mode. Maybe Trochek can rub off on him. Yes. Like that too. 

I haven’t like Panarin and Zibanejad together, but now seems the time, especially after tonight. Panarin with Trocheck isn’t good enough. Panarin doesn’t seem to want to play with Chytil. Kreider is out. Let’s go with the 8 seconds of momentum.

I want Kakko to have his line. He needs to be the guy. Chytil doesn’t know how to do that. Unfortunately I don’t think Trocheck does either, but probably the better option. He can’t be a passenger to Panarin or Zibanejad 

I’d love to see Lafreniere - Kravtsov, but I don’t think they’re there yet. 
I actually liked the Lafreniere- Goodrow -Vesey line for that short time, and Lafreniere stepped up. 

we’ll see what nonsensical combos gallAnt comes up with 

No Kreider, no problem!!! 

Probably one of the more frustrating games we've seen through the first half of the season.  But the "Cardiac Kids" come up big, basically eating six apples and shitting a fruit salad, pulling victory from the jaws of defeat in the waning seconds!!!

...And here are the Top 13 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Depends....I peed a little when K' Andre scored the tying goal....also banged my fucking toe on the end table!

3 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

So far this first period reminds me (unfortunately) of something my wife would say, “No sustained penetration.”

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

My wife has been talking for the last 15 straight minutes and I haven’t heard a word. I just keep saying sure.  I assume I’ve agreed to either a new furniture set or extension on the house. 

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Blais biggest hit of the year

3 hours ago, Pete said:

@The Dude be like "See! Hey hits!" 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

What we know is that @Ozzy was probably between 55 and 60 when Maloney played, and we also know he doesn't remember what happened yesterday, so how can we trust him?

1 hour ago, jsrangers said:

Wonder how tiring it is for Joe to correct Sam all game long?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Rangers obviously distraught over the loss of Gauthier for the game.  They just look so dejected. Lost even.

I got an idea. Play Lafrenière more. 

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

And for my next magic trick, I'm going to pull a win completely out of my ass.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Fuck off, it's because I posted in the GDT. 

Now you're all fucked. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Let us all rub our smooth and veiny.... Knuckles together in a virtual fist bump 

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

My asshole is finally unclenching now!

1 hour ago, CBrowningPI said:

Best 2 minutes, ever. 

1 hour ago, josh said:

Name of your sex tape 

Yeah I was pretty sure it was Maloney and Kovalev in the trivia, but I'm old and I drink a lot! ….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Val, @Valriera, whose asshole was admittedly puckered tighter than a snare drum watching that final 2 minutes!  You weren't alone, big fella!!

This was a great game if you like goaltending, that's for sure!  A huge win for the good guys tonight.  I also thought my boy, Yukon looked fairly noticeable out there...I think @Pete was right though...I think it was because I was paying more attention to him. 

"Ozzy's Quote of the GDT”

POWER RANKINGS: As of 1/13/2023

Top 25

1.    Keirik
2.    Josh
3.    Pete
4.    jsrangers
5.    RMC51
6.    4EverRangerFrank
7.    Valriera
8.    Siddious
9.    Karan
10.    Cash or Czech
11.    LindG1000
12.    Phillyb
13.    Blue Heaven
14.    The Dude
15.    Sharpshooter
16.    SaveByRichter35
17.    Sod16
18.    CBrowningPI
19.    Bugg
20.    RichieNextel305
21.    Dunny
22.    CCCP
23.    mbob
24.    Pistol Pete
25.    jamsim1967

Edited by Ozzy

7 minutes ago, josh said:

You should keep a running top 10 gdt posts of the season. 

@Phil should hire a statistician. I’d also love to see graphs of the player power rankings throughout the season.  

There have been quite a few quotes that had me pissing my jeans this year!!  Especially since this season's GDT's have been pretty active in comparison to the last few seasons.