• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #11] Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers — Six Goalie Hockey

Drew a Penalty

2 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Well, no, I don't think the national TV partners care where certain star players are playing. In fact, rivalries are probably better for the overall TV product.

I tend to disagree, but you may have a point... The national TV partners may care, but streaming services probably want to see the star players

2 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Have to bring my A-game fandom to the Garden tonight. Son and I are back for a W following the COL shoot-out loss. I will NOT be cheering Hayes or ADA. Enemy!!

Go get us a "W" big guy!!!  ...and have a few for me!!!  😉

• Keeps it 100 1

If you're gonna make a point of have everyone play everyone, the pre-merger format was fun. You would get playoff matchups you would never otherwise see outside the finals, like the Rangers playing the Kings or Blues. And it's brutal meritocracy; reseeding every round, higher seeds get home ice no matter what. The current format sucks anyway. At least line up the conference with division winners getting top seeds and everyone else by points, and then seed them 1 to 8.