• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Interactive Power Rankings

josh

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

1. Suck

2. Suck

3. Suck

4. Suck

5. Suck

6. Suck

7. Suck

8. Suck

9. Suck

10. Suck

11. Suck

12. Suck

13. Suck

14. Suck

15. Suck

16. Suck

17. Suck

18. Suck

19. Suck

20. Suck

21. Suck

I don’t see a + or -. What changed? Looks like the same order as the last list posted.

• LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1

1. Igor Shesterkin 

2. Vladimir Tarasenko

3. Chris Kreider 

4. Mika Zibanejad 

5. Adam Fox 

6. Vincent Trocheck

7. Artemi Panarin

8. Filip Chytil

9. Ryan Lindgren

10. Patrick Kane

11. Jacob Trouba

12. K'Andre Miller

13. Barclay Goodrow 

14. Kaapo Kakko

15. Alexis Lafrenière 

16. Tyler Motte

17. Niko Mikkola

18. Jimmy Vesey +1

19. Braden Schneider +1

20. Jaroslav Halak

21. Ben Harpur

From Game 6, I was ready to move Kreider up until I saw that he was already 3. and Tarasenko also had a solid multiple point game.  Instead, I wanted to recognize Schneider for contributions including hits.  Vesey was solid so I couldn't see moving Schneider above Vesey, so ending up moving both of them up and Halak down.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1. Igor Shesterkin 

2. Chris Kreider +1

3. Vladimir Tarasenko

4. Mika Zibanejad 

5. Adam Fox 

6. Vincent Trocheck

7. Artemi Panarin

8. Filip Chytil

9. Ryan Lindgren

10. Patrick Kane

11. Jacob Trouba

12. K'Andre Miller

13. Barclay Goodrow 

14. Kaapo Kakko

15. Tyler Motte

16. Alexis Lafrenière -1

17. Niko Mikkola

18. Jimmy Vesey

19. Braden Schneider

20. Jaroslav Halak

21. Ben Harpur

Kreider has 6 goals and 9 points in this series. He has easily been the team’s best forward. I don’t think there’s much debate about that.

Lafreniere legitimately stinks. I’m at the point where I’d scratch him.

• Keeps it 100 3

1. Igor Shesterkin 

2. Chris Kreider

3. Vladimir Tarasenko

4. Mika Zibanejad 

5. Adam Fox 

6. Vincent Trocheck

7. Artemi Panarin

8. Filip Chytil

9. Ryan Lindgren

10. Patrick Kane

11. Jacob Trouba

12. K'Andre Miller

13. Barclay Goodrow

14. Kaapo Kakko

15. Tyler Motte

16. Niko Mikkola +1

17. Alexis Lafrenière

18. Jimmy Vesey

19. Braden Schneider

20. Jaroslav Halak

21. Ben Harpur

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1. Igor Shesterkin 

2. Chris Kreider

3. Vladimir Tarasenko

4. Mika Zibanejad 

5. Adam Fox 

6. Vincent Trocheck

7. Artemi Panarin

8. Filip Chytil

9. Ryan Lindgren

10. Patrick Kane

11. Jacob Trouba

12. K'Andre Miller

13. Barclay Goodrow 

14. Kaapo Kakko

15. Niko Mikkola +1

16. Tyler Motte

17. Jimmy Vesey

18. Alexis Lafrenière -1

19. Braden Schneider

20. Jaroslav Halak

21. Ben Harpur

Edited by SaveByRichter35
  • Keeps it 100 2

1. Igor Shesterkin 

2. Chris Kreider

3. Vladimir Tarasenko

4. Mika Zibanejad 

5. Adam Fox 

6. Vincent Trocheck

7. Filip Chytil

8. Artemi Panarin -1

9. Ryan Lindgren

10. Patrick Kane

11. Jacob Trouba

12. K'Andre Miller

13. Barclay Goodrow 

14. Kaapo Kakko

15. Niko Mikkola

16. Tyler Motte

17. Jimmy Vesey

18. Braden Schneider

19. Alexis Lafrenière -1

20. Jaroslav Halak

21. Ben Harpur

0 goals from 2/3 of our top 9 LW's. Laf was arguably the worst player in the entire series, so it's fitting that he ends the season at the bottom (I don't count the backup and 7th D).

I would -10 Panarin if I could.

5 hours ago, Br4d said:

There's some starry-eyed evaluations in my opinion.

No way does Patrick Kane belong above Barclay Goodrow in the final rankings. 

I'd say it's the contrary, when you see these moves pan out game by game versus just sour recent memories, this list doesn't really look that far off from what we saw all season. 

Everybody likes to say how bad he was, but he really wasn't. I think if you look back through the history of trade deadline acquisitions, you'll find that they rarely keep up the pace they had from their current teams.

Kind of makes me feel like we shouldn't be looking for big pieces at the deadline anymore. 

44 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

An under-discussed topic... the 4th line got absolutely crushed in that series. So Goodrow definitely belongs below a lot of people. 

And frankly, I like him, but he's undisputably a terrible defensive forward. Based on every viable metric, he's putrid, so I can't really understand keeping him at his cap hit to play on the fourth line and also be bad at it. 

It's like I like him but I can't figure out why I like him, and I defend him, but he shouldn't be defended because he's not very good. He's literally all intangibles. 

I remember after the first two games in New Jersey people were like, 'this why you have a guy like Goodrow!', or maybe it was late in the regular season, I don't remember. Anyway, yeah he's basically all intangibles, which is cool, but not for someone who's not that great at his job and not at that price tag.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I remember after the first two games in New Jersey people were like, 'this why you have a guy like Goodrow!', or maybe it was late in the regular season, I don't remember. Anyway, yeah he's basically all intangibles, which is cool, but not for someone who's not that great at his job and not at that price tag.

The 4th line was playing pretty well late in the regular season. They looked like the 2014 Rangers 4th line - could start in the defensive zone, break the puck out, score a few goals, etc.. But then we got to the Devils series and they got their shit pushed in - they were on the ice for too many goals against, they spent too much time in their own zone, and produced 1 goal.

1 minute ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

The 4th line was playing pretty well late in the regular season. They looked like the 2014 Rangers 4th line - could start in the defensive zone, break the puck out, score a few goals, etc.. But then we got to the Devils series and they got their shit pushed in - they were on the ice for too many goals against, they spent too much time in their own zone, and produced 1 goal.

I think every line got their shit pushed in. lol I'm kind of with Pete in the sense that I do like him, but not sure why. lol  He definitely helped the fourth line overall though, no question. I still think he's just making too much money, as valuable as he may be down there. I don't know, I think he's a likely candidate to be moved. I also wonder if they'll re-sign Motte this time. 😆

Not sure who else to move, everyone pretty much is where they should be.  Based off of the series I'd move Zib and Fox down but I don't think Trocheck deserves to be ahead of them either.  Could make an argument of Lindy above bread.  Oh well, fuck them all.  Except Igor and Kreider.