• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

One Last Ride on Stomer's Boner Appreciation Thread

Pete

First and foremost, this is a thread to salute and pay homage to Stromer's boner. Haters...

spacer.png

Strome sat down with Staple to talk about leaving NY.

On not getting a deal done with the Rangers:

I kind of felt like when it didn’t get done during the season it wasn’t going to get done at all and I was totally cool with that. Just focus on the season. The exit meetings were a little bit telling, everyone had a sense it was going to be the end.

I made my intentions known but I’m certainly happy with the way things turned out and hopefully the Rangers are too.

On the injury he played half the season with:

“Holy shit, I’m so banged up right now.” I did the best I could. I had the respect of my teammates because it could have been easier to just not push through, look out for myself a bit. But that’s not the way I looked at it. It was frustrating to have built up the team to this season and this playoff run and be well under 50 percent healthy for the key part of it. But it was still a great ride."

On his time in NY:

I keep saying it but there’s not much I would change. Four years ago if you’d said this is how it would end up I’d take it all day. Would have loved for it to keep going with my teammates and the bond we built, but going to Anaheim is going to be great for me and my family, I feel like I deserved a five-year contract and I’m happy the way it turned out.

On his bromance with Panarin:

You guys didn’t get to see it much these last couple years but he’s just such a good person. He really challenged me. I’ve been lucky to play with a lot of good players but to have him beside me, to push me to be better, was an experience I never thought would happen. When we signed I never thought he’d be my linemate for three years, that we’d have career years playing with one another and to build that bond off the ice was even better. (PS he's not overpaid)

On the Rangers' Future:

They’ll be good and I’ll be rooting for those guys — more from an individual standpoint than a team standpoint probably, but they’ve got a bright future.

##

To sum it up, what a fucking pro. What a teammmate. What a leader.

We're gonna miss your boner, Stromer. I salute you.

spacer.png

Edited by Pete
  • Thanks 1
  • LMFAO 2
  • Bullseye 1
  • JIMMY! 4
  • Applause 1

Never thought it would end. Really thought he'd be back. Just a stand up guy. A guy that knew his situation and how lucky he was to be in that situation. Glad he turned his career around and became a veteran leader. I wish him nothing but continued success. 

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 3

1 hour ago, siddious said:

Lmao at this thread 

love strome And it sucks that they couldn’t make it work but I also get it. Best of luck to him when he’s not playing the rangers. I’ll certainly always have a stromer boner.

Stop it.

You'll be tearing up when they're raising the 16 to the rafters sometime down the road. 

🍆

• Bullseye 1

Strome came here and was a perfect compliment to Panarin and just the team in general. He finally showed flashes of what him a high draft pick years ago. He brought good energy and passion. His misses in this year's postseason are basically a meme, but it really doesn't undo anything he did here. He had a lot of success and got a very nice contract for himself, so good for him. He also is responsible for creating a couple of fantastic emojis for this forum.

Godspeed, Mr. Strome.

Celebrate Ryan Strome GIF by New York Rangers

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Applause 1

Well done, @Pete!  A super gesture and great homage on behalf of the BSBH folks!!  I was always with you on the Strome situation.  I think we all knew he wasn't 100% going through this playoff run, and even so the guy gave us everything he had.

That's really all we can ask.

I'll always wish the Stromer Boner the very best, and I'll always have an eye on those Ducks boxscores just to follow along and watch him do his thing.

• Cheers 1

Respect to Strome! was a solid player here and really meshed perfectly with Panarin and I applaud him for trying to play through the injury, shows some balls, wish he was healthy for that series!

Wish him luck in Anaheim.

43 minutes ago, Phil said:

Greatest reclamation project in Rangers' history?

Maybe, I don't think there's a player in recent memory who came in with such low expectations, and exceeded them by such a large margin.

He's like Erik Chistensen...but good at hockey and Zoloft free.

Edited by Pete
  • LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Yeah, that's what I mean — Christensen is on the list, somewhere, but no doubt not the best.

Prospal, Raanta, Pouliot, etc. I'm having a hard time buying that Strome isn't on top here.

It's the longevity, for me. 4 years beats them all.

• Applause 2

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yeah, that's what I mean — Christensen is on the list, somewhere, but no doubt not the best.

Prospal, Raanta, Pouliot, etc. I'm having a hard time buying that Strome isn't on top here.

Does Michal Rozsival count?