• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

One Last Ride on Stomer's Boner Appreciation Thread

Pete

18 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Does Michal Rozsival count? 

Maybe, kind of, but he was around for his NHL decline for too long to not have his resurgence tarnished. Strome went from near first-round bust to stud second-line center putting up 0.7 P/GP as a Ranger.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Maybe, kind of, but he was around for his NHL decline for too long to not have his resurgence tarnished. Strome went from near first-round bust to stud second-line center putting up 0.7 P/GP as a Ranger.

its most likely than not the Panarin effect.  We'll see how he does in Anaheim.  Will eat crow if he maintains the production

1 hour ago, josh said:

Avery put up his best season in LA.

enh 

DeAngelo was tossed out of here.

Not really.  20 points in 29 games when he got traded here after  "sloppy 2nds" put a major dent in his future. 33 points in 57 games the following year. 

DeAngelo couldn't get into a lineup consistently in Arizona.  Couldn't get on the ice upon being traded to NY. Then in a back to the wall move they were pretty much forced to give him an opportunity and here he is with his 2nd 50 point season. He was out of chances and made something for himself here. 

1 hour ago, josh said:

Avery put up his best season in LA.

enh 

DeAngelo was tossed out of here.

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not really.  20 points in 29 games when he got traded here after  "sloppy 2nds" put a major dent in his future. 33 points in 57 games the following year. 

DeAngelo couldn't get into a lineup consistently in Arizona.  Couldn't get on the ice upon being traded to NY. Then in a back to the wall move they were pretty much forced to give him an opportunity and here he is with his 2nd 50 point season. He was out of chances and made something for himself here. 

This is a totally valid debate, but @Phil created a thread for this...

I'd like to keep the focus on stromer's boner, respectfully. 

• LOL 1
  • JIMMY! 2

I remember being on my honeymoon, taking a peak at the phone when I saw we got Strome. First thought was how he really loved scoring on us when he was with the Islanders. I remember when they drafted him, and how they projected him and it just never materialized the way they had hoped. I remember they released that video of him scoring some insane shootout goal at the Coliseum during like an open skate during his first camp, and Islander fans were anxious to see what he had.

It wound up being a brilliant move for the Rangers; one that I’m sure they didn’t see working out as well as it did. He revitalized his career, became a leader, found a home and really proved that he could produce at a high clip in this league. The marriage was good for the Rangers and good for Strome. I hope he does well in Anaheim, and I’m sure he’ll get a loud ovation when he returns to MSG.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 2